Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

Calling on the MWC / Hair Thompson to step up and assist BYU

2 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

You are a rank outsider..Mick Jagger

Even as a rank outsider, you could do much worse than The Rolling Stones :rock:

I don’t think we should give you any more games an eye for an eye and all that. 

I do however have some toilet paper I can sell you for $10 a square. Use it wisely and fill up every square inch please.

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, bigbluebaby said:

I don’t think we should give you any more games an eye for an eye and all that. 

I do however have some toilet paper I can sell you for $10 a square. Use it wisely and fill up every square inch please.

I'm not worried about USU, who will do whatever BYU demands....

But, if Hair won't accommodate BYU, if the need arises, then that opens the door for a BYU - AAC relationship.  BYU must fill it's schedule!!!

I guess we might be seeing the AAC Commissioner in Provo again...

@Did I hear a WOOSH?

@Tulsa Guy

15 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

That is what Boise State is for. 

If you wouldn't prefer BYU in the MW, then I don't know what to say to you....

They're our most profitable and exciting rivalry, and everyone knows it.  Polite, good people who are civil, yet rabid..

The nut punches be forgotten.....

I'd love them in the Mountain Division, while we get placed, and properly so, into the West division - to play Fresneck every year...  Reno every year?  Yes, please?  SDSU?  Yeah, it'd be a total turn-key move.

Drop Joser, we replace them in the West, and BYU takes our seat in the Mountain.

Easy... 

New-Signature.jpg

2 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

I love Boise.

What you and Boise do in private is none of our business.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Guest #1Stunner
6 minutes ago, Jeffkills said:

If you wouldn't prefer BYU in the MW, then I don't know what to say to you....

They're our most profitable and exciting rivalry, and everyone knows it.  Polite, good people who are civil, yet rabid..

The nut punches be forgotten.....

I'd love them in the Mountain Division, while we get placed, and properly so, into the West division - to play Fresneck every year...  Reno every year?  Yes, please?  SDSU?  Yeah, it'd be a total turn-key move.

Drop Joser, we replace them in the West, and BYU takes our seat in the Mountain.

Easy... 

Are you sure you guys want to be grouped with Fresno again?

11 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

I'm not worried about USU, who will do whatever BYU demands....

But, if Hair won't accommodate BYU, if the need arises, then that opens the door for a BYU - AAC relationship.  BYU must fill it's schedule!!!

I guess we might be seeing the AAC Commissioner in Provo again...

@Did I hear a WOOSH?

@Tulsa Guy

Stunner we agree for once! On one thing.

Your post is pretty much the typical BS that comes from you but...

#byutotheacc

Is something I can absolutely get behind 100%

How do we make that happen?

Any ideas?

3 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Are you sure you guys want to be grouped with Fresno again?

Yeah, dude.  Fresno and Nevada?  Yeah, for sure...

They're each one of our funnest, long-standing rivalries; it's a no-brainer to me.

Losing AF each year would definitely suck, but we'd pick up that game vs SUDS, and playing in CA is helpful to recruiting..

New-Signature.jpg

Guest #1Stunner
8 minutes ago, bigbluebaby said:

Stunner we agree for once! On one thing.

Your post is pretty much the typical BS that comes from you but...

#byutotheacc

Is something I can absolutely get behind 100%

How do we make that happen?

Any ideas?

If you badly want that to happen, mostly likely scenario is if SDSU, Boise, and probably AFA come along with....

Get those 3 to join the AAC, and I think it adds to the odds of BYU considering the AAC.

Just now, #1Stunner said:

If you badly want that to happen, mostly likely scenario is if SDSU, Boise, and probably AFA come along with....

Get those 3 to join the AAC, and I think it adds to the odds of BYU considering the AAC.

None of us have any business in the AAC..

That's not Western football..

BYU can't just sell out to the Pee6 of all places at the expense of tradition and culture.

You know for a fact that church brass down there, and I'm positive most fans also, want to remain aligned with their more culturally similar western rivals.

I don't want anything to do with the East coast.  Not gonna hop a jet to watch BSU play Tulane, and most Idahoans have about ZERO interest in those Eastern G5 schools..

I'd take $2M less per year, just to remain aligned with the West...

New-Signature.jpg

Guest #1Stunner
8 minutes ago, Jeffkills said:

None of us have any business in the AAC..

That's not Western football..

BYU can't just sell out to the Pee6 of all places at the expense of tradition and culture.

You know for a fact that church brass down there, and I'm positive most fans also, want to remain aligned with their more culturally similar western rivals.

I don't want anything to do with the East coast.  Not gonna hop a jet to watch BSU play Tulane, and most Idahoans have about ZERO interest in those Eastern G5 schools..

I'd take $2M less per year, just to remain aligned with the West...

I generally agree with you, but.... BYU does have some fans on the east coast.

But I agree, playing the Florida schools, Tulsa, Tulane, Cincy, East Carolina, Temple, Memphis, isn't really interesting....  It's CUSA 2.0.

Only AAC schools that I enjoy BYU scheduling is SMU and Houston (Texas schools are fun).

9 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

I generally agree with you, but.... BYU does have some fans on the east coast.

But I agree, playing the Florida schools, Tulsa, Tulane, Cincy, East Carolina, Temple, Memphis, isn't really interesting....  It's CUSA 2.0.

Only AAC schools that I enjoy BYU scheduling is SMU and Houston (Texas schools are fun).

Exactly, the only schools I would care about would be SMU, Houston, and UCF...

Then again, we're gonna' take UCF to the boat races OOC - we won't hang a banner or storm the field...

I like the Texas recruiting, and I just wish we could get SMU, Houston, and BYU on board in the MW...

Go to 14, and kick out Joser...

New-Signature.jpg

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

Some day Boise might be your conference mate.

We had good times with Boise before (albeit long forgotten).  We'd do so again if the opportunity arises.

@#1Stunner , this is what BYU should do.  

Get on the phone with Hawaii and UNLV.  They would be willing to lend a hand (or a rainbow).  Offer a h&h series in basketball to sweeten the deal, and a case of root beer

The only thing I want to happen to that school is to watch the "L's" pile up on their side of the scoreboard.

Too many years/decades of disingenuous behavior, outright cheating, and re-writing of the rules.

I don't miss anything about that program or its fans.

3 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Well if we're dropping Joser than that's different. But we are dropping them anyway in a few years.

Just do it now..  Contracts be damned; renegotiate them.

BYU for Sparta - done..

Hair is so fu/cking incompetent; he couldn't ever pull it off..

If I had the con, I'd get a deal done..  It just makes too much sense.

Then again, @#1Stunner, BYU had all sorts of trouble relating with the Big 12 and so you guys got bypassed.  Who dropped the ball there?  The lawyers?

Either way, just park your sports in the MW, and I'm sure the presidents would allow you guys to save face with a similar BSU sweetheart deal..

New-Signature.jpg