Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

misplacedcowboy

What 2020 home game are you most excited for?

Any that end up getting played?

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

I not confident of Boise winning a late November game in Laramie...too much of a finesse team.  Hopefully we've established a lead in the standings by then that it won't matter.

As for Home Games, Boise has a pretty good slate this year.

Georgia Southern (trap game right of the bat), Florida State (biggest name to play on The Blue), SJSU, USU, UNLV, BYU, CSU.

If I were 100% confident in the season happening, I'd be on this deal right now for an away game vacay.

image.png.988294ffaec748757fcd606aafd60e84.png

6 hours ago, mugtang said:

Any that end up getting played?

Brett McMurphy was on 95.7 "The Game" earlier today in the Bay Area.  is a show hosted by Damon Bruce, Ray Ratto and Matt Kolsky (actually John Dickinson today).

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-damon-bruce-show-with-ratto-kolsky/id952522598

Go to about 4:40 (DRK 4-4.1.20).  Basically, he starts by saying he recently polled/surveyed ADs (112 of 130 response rate) and that 1 out of 5 currently think there's a 50% college football won't have a complete season this year.  He'll be reporting for Stadium on this tomorrow.  Lots of ancillary comments on how this all could affect Athletic Departments and how certain sports could be eliminated, etc.  Also, said that B12 Honcho Bob Bowlsby thinks that in about 60-90 days (end of May/early June) that there will have to be a decision on whether they can proceed with college football in the Fall - if at all this year.  Includes the option of possibly not having a season at all.  Power 5 conferences will come up with a unified statement on all of this.  

Beyond that, added that a Group of 5 Conference President told another Group of 5 President that the fall season should be canceled right now and move to the spring.   Comments on mid-majors.  Even P5 schools take of "going out of business" (whatever that means).  Clearly, G5's have far less to start with, but the P5 schools will take a much deeper hit - you know, given they have so much to start with.  mention of P5's possibly playing on a conference season.  Brett also said that one AD told him, "Look, if if we don't have a football season, we are "blanked".  Among other things, added that the Power 5 Commissioners (not the Presidents) are "running the show" and that "nobody" set a budget with the virus situation in mind (a rainy day fund big enough).  Also had some interesting comments on how the schools will actually be benefited by the name/image/likeness decision that will allow schools and athletic departments off the hook (in not having to pay for the athletes themselves), as they can make money on their own (thru donors or businesses, etc.)...

[Mug- feel free to post this to a new/separate string, if you feel it would benefit you (and not get buried here)]

6 hours ago, misplacedcowboy said:

Wyoming has a pretty awesome home slate coming this year, with the Utes, Aggies, Aztecs, Falcons, and Broncos all visiting the War.

Not sure which one I'm most excited for, but I am sure there will be plenty of rain in the forecast... #pissbombs

IMG_20200401_172718.jpg.3388b97839f216ee402406381013e1f5.jpg

For Wyo, having schools that fairly close  coming in has to be great.  Especially an old school one with Utah.  That is a great home schedule for you guys.

At this pont, I would be excited about the NewMags game. It's better than no fb.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

1 hour ago, OrediggerPoke said:

I hope there is a season but it is becoming less likely by the day. Already discussion at various universities for fall semester to be conducted fully online.

How shitty will play look (if played at all) if these teams have no spring practice, summer conditioning, and fall practice and the season starts with conference play in say October?  

If it is canceled, are student-athletes retained on scholly's?  Coaches and trainers getting paid?  It sounds unfair, but if they aren't doing anything, should the taxpayer be paying for it?