Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NevadaFan

Sandoval UNR President

18 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

That's probably true. He would be an absolute home run to replace Geddes on the Board of Regents, too. But I'm too self

WTF would he take that gig? You or I take that gig, not a former governor. Geddes is basically donating his time and is involved in a chit ton of causes. The only power that board has is bequeathed by Vegas newspapers looking for excuses to its problems.  

1 hour ago, battle.borne said:

Their are fiefdoms within any large University and they all want their needs met. Any candidate will have his/her detractors but Sandoval has a good reputation on campus.  I think you'd be hard pressed to find a person more qualified to manage the competing interests of a University than a popular governor of a purple state who left after 8 years with an approval rating near 70%. His politics are squishy and moderate but that should help him with the neoliberal factions on campus.   

Please define "squishy" politics. :shrug:

But I agree, definitely moderate. Wish we had more like him.

1 hour ago, renoskier said:

Please define "squishy" politics. :shrug:

But I agree, definitely moderate. Wish we had more like him.

If your politics rest far to the right, a moderate Republican qualifies as squishy or a RINO. If your politics rest far to the left, moderate Dems qualify as corporatists and might as well be Republicans. 

14 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

WTF would he take that gig? You or I take that gig, not a former governor. Geddes is basically donating his time and is involved in a chit ton of causes. The only power that board has is bequeathed by Vegas newspapers looking for excuses to its problems.  

He wouldn’t, but he’d fix the Regents. I was just speaking hypothetically 

20 hours ago, Posturedoc said:

If your politics rest far to the right, a moderate Republican qualifies as squishy or a RINO. If your politics rest far to the left, moderate Dems qualify as corporatists and might as well be Republicans. 

This is a good definition. The real tragedy is neither party advocates for "conservative" or "liberal" policies.  They are all on team Plutocrat.  

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

22 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

The Board of Regents as a governing body has enormous constitutional powers in Nevada. I disagree with your conclusion. 

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman