Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akkula

Anti-Maskers

40 minutes ago, happycamper said:

the  videos I saw of the CHAZ had most wearing masks. The media I consume has had a steady,steady, steady drumbeat of criticizing anyone for not wearing masks. 

I can't tell if you are radicalizing yourself to be a rock ribbed republican or to be an avowed leftist. their criticism of democratic leadership is very similar sounding

First, it is CHAD, not CHAZ.  Keep up.

Second, almost all the videos I see are them not wearing masks, and again when wearing masks, it is only something you do on top of social spacing, which they are not engaging in, at all.

Third, I am a free thinking asshole but I am no radical.  I donate to Hawk Newsome and his sisters charities, and his sisters campaign.  I criticize when I think it is needed.  

I can speak my thoughts as they come, thank you.

50 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I get out a lot.  Here in Boise we opened up the bars and our cases spiked drastically.  Which demographic do you think was responsible for that?  Me, a young person has a FAR better grasp than you on how young people are acting.

I don't think his point was you didn't have a grasp on how young people are acting. It was probably a reference to your 75% figure. One has to be careful when using anecdotal evidence to pound one's fist. It's why so many Hillary supporters were shocked when she lost. Of everyone they knew...nobody was voting for Trump.

There is far more to this pie than your small sliver of Boise bars.....

6 minutes ago, coalman29 said:

I don't think his point was you didn't have a grasp on how young people are acting. It was probably a reference to your 75% figure. One has to be careful when using anecdotal evidence to pound one's fist. It's why so many Hillary supporters were shocked when she lost. Of everyone they knew...nobody was voting for Trump.

There is far more to this pie than your small sliver of Boise bars.....

Same reason why polling works.  Everybody I see under 30 is not wearing a mask.  Do you think that is a Boise thing, only?  People in CHOP are not wearing masks at movie night.  No, young people across the country are not wearing masks.  

Simply look at this picture, a picture CHOP knew was being taken, less than half are wearing masks and 0 are social distancing.  So, take my views of Boise and Seattle where it is clear CDC guidelines are not being follow by people under 30 and you just assume it may be different elsewhere?  Yeah, ok,  You are blind.

Good Afternoon, News: CHAZ v. Trump, Portland Demands Big Cop ...

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I get out a lot.  Here in Boise we opened up the bars and our cases spiked drastically.  Which demographic do you think was responsible for that?  Me, a young person has a FAR better grasp than you on how young people are acting.

I meant outside your little bubble there in the middle of nowhere.

And given I do most of the 'going out' for my family, I suspect your grasp isnt what you think it is.  And life experience has taught me, like generations before me, that young people arent nearly as smart as they think they are.  I mean, really, 'going out' just means 'bars'?  How dumb is that?

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

6 minutes ago, RSF said:

I meant outside your little bubble there in the middle of nowhere.

And given I do most of the 'going out' for my family, I suspect your grasp isnt what you think it is.

I know I know, do not criticize my team or I will cry about it.

I would suspect my grasp on the zeitgeist of people under 30 is far more clear than yours.  Even if you go out so bravely to shop once a week.

Just now, NVGiant said:

Who wears pants at the pool?

Is “bikini bottoms” a better choice of words? I was just following UNLV2001’s lead.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

3 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Is “bikini bottoms” a better choice of words? I was just following UNLV2001’s lead.

I was just wondering if this was some new phase in Convert's dress shorts craze. 

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Second, almost all the videos I see are them not wearing masks, and again when wearing masks, it is only something you do on top of social spacing, which they are not engaging in, at all.

As far as society in general, I'm not seeing a lot of people being vigilant with either appropriate mask wearing or distancing. Everyone is just half-assing it.

16 hours ago, toonkee said:

Well you have to wear them in public.  Is that tyranny?

I walk in parks where they have signs posted saying, must wear masks at all times.  I have no problems with that.  A mask gets hot after a while so I drop it below my chin when no one is around me.  However, as I see others approaching I wear it properly.  

As for those who refuse to wear them, F'em is all I have to say.  I could care less if they come down with the virus, but their lack of respect for those around them is what pisses me off.   

48 minutes ago, aztech said:

I walk in parks where they have signs posted saying, must wear masks at all times.  I have no problems with that.  A mask gets hot after a while so I drop it below my chin when no one is around me.  However, as I see others approaching I wear it properly.  

As for those who refuse to wear them, F'em is all I have to say.  I could care less if they come down with the virus, but their lack of respect for those around them is what pisses me off.   

I will wear a mask if in a retail store...........doubt if I'd wear one out walking in a park or outside alone or with a household member 

3 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Happy is about your age, maybe a few years older. Ease up. 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 hour ago, aztech said:

This! Why is this so fing hard to comprehend?

1 hour ago, aztech said:

Exactly.

32 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Happy is about your age, maybe a few years older. Ease up. 

Happy is a few years older than I am.  I was responding to RSF, though and his premise that being in Boise means that I do not have a full grasp of the under 30 group outside of Boise but he does, because he goes shopping.  Not sure what Happy has to do with it.

6 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Happy is a few years older than I am.  I was responding to RSF, though and his premise that being in Boise means that I do not have a full grasp of the under 30 group outside of Boise but he does, because he goes shopping.  Not sure what Happy has to do with it.

You’re right. My bad.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

46 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Not my premise.  Wasnt really that difficult to get.  Or so I thought.

Anyways...

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Noticed something interesting while running errands after work.

Masks.  A lot more than ever.  Especially among the middle aged white guy set.  Got a few (hundred thousand) of those here, one of the most conservative cities in one of the more conservative counties in the country.  And the county mask mandate doesnt start until tomorrow.

Better late than never, I suppose.