Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akkula

Anti-Maskers

On 4/1/2020 at 8:18 AM, CV147 said:

Masks do help prevent the spread.

I also noted that the doublespeak when they say that it can't protect you from getting it, but at the same time saying that health care providers need them. For what? To help protect them, of course.

They should have been up front that the reason why they didn't want people to use them is because health providers can't stay home. But saying it won't protect you is bullshit.

I hate to say I agree with @bornontheblue but if you spend all your time adjusting it and touching your face you have lost the value of the mask.  

On 4/1/2020 at 12:36 PM, mysfit said:

Masks of any kind will reduce droplets of any kind in or out.

Some masks are far more effective but even a cloth mask is an improvement over nothing.

My sister in law made some and she's sending me a couple. I will wear them anytime I leave the house.

She left one for her mailman who gladly accepted it. Ditto the Amazon guy 

I fall in the camp of the government said it wouldn't help due to short supply. They have little to no credibility. That goes a long way in why this has been so difficult

If you can get a mask get one with a pocket.  Putting even a damp paper towel will help but you can also order Hepafilters and put those in.

On 3/31/2020 at 9:00 PM, Akkula said:

Are these the newest climate change deniers and anti-vaxxers representing the administration.  It seems like common sense that if everyone had to wear masks in public that they would be less likely to spread the virus to others and it would also protect people from inhaling the virus to some degree. 

Why the hell do people in hosptials wear masks everywhere if they don't work.  Does this just see like a sham because they don't have enough supply?  South Korea seems to have used masking very effectively.  

Is this the "dumb state" at work again spreading misinformation and happy talk?

What about backwards masking? Is that real, or is it a bunch of TV preachers with their imaginations going crazy? 
Before you answer, remember when the Beatles sent a signal to the public in a song that Paul had died, and the new Paul was a look alike? Number 9, Number 9, Number 9, played backwards it says: Turn me on dead man. 

Is this right wing misinformation in a totally different way? Did the right wing fool lots of people into destroying their Beatles records? 

kat.jpg

So fine, the CDC says we should wear masks, but of course there are no masks to be had.  The masks we have should probably go to hospitals.  I can avoid people who are coughing and spewing, the nurses can't.  There are diminishing returns on all of these guidelines.

2 minutes ago, BYUcougfan said:

So fine, the CDC says we should wear masks, but of course there are no masks to be had.  The masks we have should probably go to hospitals.  I can avoid people who are coughing and spewing, the nurses can't.  There are diminishing returns on all of these guidelines.

The CDC is not recommending N95 masks, which are what the hospitals really need. They’re saying any mask, including homemade. @halfmanhalfbroncohas one you can borrow if you need one...

5d7dd89f1669942eb1e16234-large.jpg?cache

We should all be wearing space suits or walk around with an oxygen tank on your back with the rest of the scuba gear.  Actually, one way you could kill the virus would be to do some deep dives for an hour. The virus can’t live in that kind of increased pressure. And also breathing in 100% oxygen which would populate every cell with significant oxygen. This kind of virus also can’t survive in that much oxygen. 

Why aren’t people talking about this? There aren’t a lot of hyperbaric chambers in the US. I did dozens of dives in a hyperbaric chamber over time to kill enough of my Lyme Disease to have a life again. Hyperbaric’s is big in Europe and Japan, but they’ve never caught on here because there isn’t a lot of money to be made off them. Drug companies often have some control over state medical boards, so any doc using a chamber for anything other than FDA approval, they get harassed or even charged. 

kat.jpg

20 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

That's like saying to use a Ziploc bag if condoms aren't available. It's going to create more problems than it solves. 

Yeah once you go loc it's the only thing for your cock

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

35 minutes ago, Akkula said:

Seems like a good time to say ,"I told you so." Think how much better of you would have been if you started masking on March 31.:thumbsup:

We really need to hold the WHO's feet to the flames, they have been saying this entire time masks do no little good, even admonishing our CDC.

Time to defund the WHO.

5 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

We really need to hold the WHO's feet to the flames, they have been saying this entire time masks do no little good, even admonishing our CDC.

Time to defund the WHO.

And elect a new president.

3 minutes ago, alum93 said:

And elect a new president.

Maybe, CHAZ is literally killing my grandma because they refuse to social distance or wear masks.  So are all these protesters.  Not a single democrat is asking them to.

Democrats have a shit ton of blood on their hands with COVID.  Let's not even get to nursing homes.  Biden refuses to speak to it.  All of Trumps rallies constiutute about 0.7% of the amount of protesters that refused to social distance or wear masks.

Time for Jorgenson.

4 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Maybe, CHAZ is literally killing my grandma because they refuse to social distance or wear masks.  So are all these protesters.  Not a single democrat is asking them to.

Democrats have a shit ton of blood on their hands with COVID.  Let's not even get to nursing homes.  Biden refuses to speak to it.

Time for Jorgenson.

I'm not blaming Biden for lack of leadership on Covid from Jan-April.  I will judge the actual president during that critical window.  He flat out blew it.   The fact that he is having rallies indoors when we are on track to hit 180k deaths by October tells us he is incapable of learning.  It is what it is.  Would Biden or any other Republican/Democrat have been just as bad?  Who knows, but my guess is the answer is no.

4 minutes ago, alum93 said:

I'm not blaming Biden for lack of leadership on Covid from Jan-April.  I will judge the actual president during that critical window.  He flat out blew it.   The fact that he is having rallies indoors when we are on track to hit 180k deaths by October tells us he is incapable of learning.  It is what it is.  Would Biden or any other Republican/Democrat have been just as bad?  Who knows, but my guess is the answer is no.

Well what we do know is the the protests are not practicing social distancing and the total number of protesters has outnumbered those who have attended the rallies by an estimated 1300-5000 (not an exageration) times.  And not a single democrat has asked them to social distance.  Not one.  Biden has a shit ton of blood on his hands, as does the entire DNC.  

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Well what we do know is the the protests are not practicing social distancing and the total number of protesters has outnumbered those who have attended the rallies by an estimated 130-500 times.  And not a single democrat has asked them to social distance.  Not one.

No offense, but i do not compare organizing a rally as president of the United States to spontaneous protests triggered by a horrific murder caught on video and reflecting rage felt in inner cities over decades.  Apples and oranges.  I am fine criticizing Democrats, but i don't see the comparison with the leadership Trump has shown.  But i guess we'll see if enough people agree in a few months.

Just now, alum93 said:

No offense, but i do not compare organizing a rally as president of the United States to spontaneous protests triggered by a horrific murder caught on video and reflecting rage felt in inner cities over decades.  Apples and oranges.

Which one had more people not practicing social distancing?  Which one bruh?  Which one will be responsible for more deaths?

GTFO with your partisan shit.  WTF about CHAD?  WTF about all those people pulling down statuses not social distancing or wearing masks?  Seriously you are so partisan it is laughable.

4 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Well what we do know is the the protests are not practicing social distancing and the total number of protesters has outnumbered those who have attended the rallies by an estimated 1300-5000 (not an exageration) times.  And not a single democrat has asked them to social distance.  Not one.

Why should it be up to the Democrats? Are the protest sponsored by the Dems?

It should be up to the president.

1 minute ago, renoskier said:

Why should it be up to the Democrats? Are the protest sponsored by the Dems?

It should be up to the president.

Why should they be excused when they are running on the behalf of our country and to lead our country?

8 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Which one had more people not practicing social distancing?  Which one bruh?  Which one will be responsible for more deaths?

GTFO with your partisan shit.  WTF about CHAD?  WTF about all those people pulling down statuses not social distancing or wearing masks?  Seriously you are so partisan it is laughable.

Actually you made it partisan.  Calling out Trump for totally blowing it on Covid has nothing to do with him being a Republican.  It has to do with him being a narcissist that was completely and utterly unprepared to lead.  I bet every single other Republican that actually had a shot at winning would have handled it better.  But that is just speculation.  On the other hand, we know exactly how Trump handled it to date, and how he continues to be an utter jackass - as evidenced by rallies in the last week where cases are spiking.