Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akkula

Anti-Maskers

26 minutes ago, rudolro said:

Did he say this?  I guess he's making a case that if you know that you have virus and intentionally spread it you can receive that type of sentence. 

I was just joking about the prison sentences ... but the fact he suggested something like that at a federal level should frighten the shit out of people.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

It’s interesting that through the first three stages of reopening in Boise the number of positive cases stayed relatively low. But when the bars were opened two weeks ago, we have seen a huge spike in cases. The bars have recently been closed. Hopefully, cases will start to drop again. Bar hopping may be a thing of the past until a vaccine is developed. 

We also had the George Floyd vigil about two weeks ago where about three thousand people all packed together. I’m sure that has also contributed unless protesters were somehow immune to the virus.

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I was just joking about the prison sentences ... but the fact he suggested something like that at a federal level should frighten the shit out of people.

Nah, no ones afraid of the fang less big bad wolf anymore. 

9 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

It’s interesting that through the first three stages of reopening in Boise the number of positive cases stayed relatively low. But when the bars were opened two weeks ago, we have seen a huge spike in cases. The bars have recently been closed. Hopefully, cases will start to drop again. Bar hopping may be a thing of the past until a vaccine is developed. 

We also had the George Floyd vigil about two weeks ago where about three thousand people all packed together. I’m sure that has also contributed unless protesters were somehow immune to the virus.

Yea of all businesses, I think bars are going to be responsible for the most spread. Social distancing, mask wearing, and avoiding packed indoor events seem to be the most effective ways to mitigate the spread; and literally none of that can happen in a bar. 

2 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/27/us/michigan-coronavirus-bar-harpers/index.html

85 cases from this bar in MI.

From what I'm gathering it's really starting to look like relatively dense indoor environments are bad and outdoor environments aren't.

5 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Which is why I agree bars should be closed and restaurants social distanced.

We need to stop people under 30 (AKA democrats) from spreading this virus so we can get back to "normal" sometime in 2020.

7 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Our young democrat voters/sympathizers tried that.

Did not turn out well for Boise.

So the news has two stories out last couple days about spikes in cases being traced back to bars, one in Idaho and one in Michigan.  Here are some Pew Research graphs showing political affiliation by age in those states.  Now, I will grant you that this is not precise as localizing that data down to Boise or East Lansing (both college towns), however it should be noted both Ada County (Boise) and Clinton County (East Lansing) went heavy for Trump in 2016.

:hmmm:

idaho.JPG

Michigan.JPG

Ada.JPG

Clinton.JPG

3 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

That's okay...

1 hour ago, toonkee said:

So the news has two stories out last couple days about spikes in cases being traced back to bars, one in Idaho and one in Michigan.  Here are some Pew Research graphs showing political affiliation by age in those states.  Now, I will grant you that this is not precise as localizing that data down to Boise or East Lansing (both college towns), however it should be noted both Ada County (Boise) and Clinton County (East Lansing) went heavy for Trump in 2016.

:hmmm:

idaho.JPG

Michigan.JPG

Ada.JPG

Clinton.JPG

Ada county and rural Idaho are very, very different.  I would say 70% of millennials in rural areas are conservative, 70% in Boise are liberal.  While Ada did go heavy for Trump, people under 34 only make up 24% of our population.

In Massachusetts, there’s a bill in the legislature to allow bars to deliver mixed drinks. This would be awesome. The puritanical laws around alcohol is this country are ridiculous. 

It’s funny because this state restricts a lot of freedoms but then allows some freedoms that other states won’t. For example, it’s against the law to have any type of fireworks here but you can buy recreational weed. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

I am currently in a 5 Guys in St. George, Utah.

I am the only mask wearer in here besides the employees. About 20 customers. 

Pretty much the opposite of Las Vegas, even before the mandatory mask order in Nevada.

On 4/1/2020 at 4:19 AM, Nevada Convert said:

Why do you have a Reagan avatar? Lose a bet?  That isn't going to go well with the new commie country that you're planning to create. 

But your gum flapping certainly does fit right in with the Right Wing, Religion crazed, Police State, that rewards blind fandom.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 4/1/2020 at 9:06 AM, westfan said:

I had to go to the grocery store yesterday. it looks like a split decision on wearing a mask,I was surprised to see close to 40 to 50% of the shoppers had them.I confess it made me a little more nervous.

Just hide behind the angry Karins. Their temper tantrums will distract from the fact you aren't wearing one.

Americans Mayor

19 minutes ago, toonkee said:

I am currently in a 5 Guys in St. George, Utah.

I am the only mask wearer in here besides the employees. About 20 customers. 

Pretty much the opposite of Las Vegas, even before the mandatory mask order in Nevada.

Utahns just gotta Utah.

Americans Mayor

Decided to explore some Colorado last week and it differs greatly from county to county: 

Glenwood springs was very strict on mask use. Everyone was wearing them, even outside on sidewalks.

Grand Junction we were given stink eye and judged for wearing a mask in a coffee shop. No one, including the baristas were wearing masks.

Buena Vista was mask or your not allowed in any establishment. Everyone again had one on.

Alamosa we were hounded and told we shouldn't be wearing a mask at a local brewery. Only a couple ppl were wearing masks and they left pretty quickly. Bartenders were not wearing masks.

1 hour ago, Stealthlobo said:

Decided to explore some Colorado last week and it differs greatly from county to county: 

Glenwood springs was very strict on mask use. Everyone was wearing them, even outside on sidewalks.

Grand Junction we were given stink eye and judged for wearing a mask in a coffee shop. No one, including the baristas were wearing masks.

Buena Vista was mask or your not allowed in any establishment. Everyone again had one on.

Alamosa we were hounded and told we shouldn't be wearing a mask at a local brewery. Only a couple ppl were wearing masks and they left pretty quickly. Bartenders were not wearing masks.

Having been through Colorado many a time, everything that you said seems perfectly accurate.

I'm taking this stay at home thing very seriously. I do the curbside delivery. Except when I need change to fill up my Primo water bottles.(40cents a gallon and I have 3gal thingies because I can't lift the 5).

I see maybe 1/3 wearing masks. Not nearly enough. We need to do better 

One of the Final Five..........

On 6/27/2020 at 9:59 AM, BSUTOP25 said:

https://abc3340.com/news/local/university-of-alabama-students-who-knew-they-had-covid-19-attended-parties

I have no problem locking people up who do shit like this. And if someone dies because of their neglect they should get 30 years

https://abc3340.com/news/local/university-of-alabama-students-who-knew-they-had-covid-19-attended-parties