Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akkula

Anti-Maskers

1 hour ago, WYO1016 said:

Any mask will significantly decrease the chance of you spreading illness. Only N95 will significantly help make sure you don't contract an illness.

Yeah but if you hate the social distancing would it be better just to put everyone with a $1 mask if that was really the case?  Very cheap solution to slowing things down.

Posted Image

56 minutes ago, Akkula said:

The idea that a mask is completely ineffective just defies logic.  It is a physical barrier protecting your nose and mouth from inhaling.  It can also prevent another person from breathing corona all over everyone.  

I am all for science so we will see what the REAL scientists say when this is all said and done.  I just don't want to be on the side of the same types of people like the "cigarrettes don't cause cancer" crowd just because it helps the dear leader.

I listened to a doctor about this a couple of weeks ago.  He said one reason masks are not effective is that people are not used to wearing them.  They end up touching their face far more, which kind of defeats the mask.

8 minutes ago, BYUcougfan said:

I listened to a doctor about this a couple of weeks ago.  He said one reason masks are not effective is that people are not used to wearing them.  They end up touching their face far more, which kind of defeats the mask.

Doesn't this seem like a convenient contrivance and urban legend to you?  If people aren't used to wearning masks wouldn't it seem like the solution would be to MAKE THEM WEAR EFFIN MASKS!

Just tell everyone we don't have enough masks to go around and the emergency responders and hopsital workers need them.  Don't treat us like children.

Posted Image

Guest #1Stunner
3 minutes ago, Akkula said:

Doesn't this seem like a convenient contrivance and urban legend to you?  If people aren't used to wearning masks wouldn't it seem like the solution would be to MAKE THEM WEAR EFFIN MASKS!

Just tell everyone we don't have enough masks to go around and the emergency responders and hopsital workers need them.  Don't treat us like children.

Honestly, I can see the logic of everyone wearing masks, like they do in Asia.

I just don't buy your attempt to paint the whole "don't wear a mask!" message as one coming from Donald Trump or Republicans.  Only way you could possibly believe that is if you have TDS.   That don't wear a mask message has come from the scientific and medical community. 

6 minutes ago, Akkula said:

No, it sounds like a doctor giving a reason why a mask might not be effective.

2 hours ago, Akkula said:

The idea that a mask is completely ineffective just defies logic.  It is a physical barrier protecting your nose and mouth from inhaling.  It can also prevent another person from breathing corona all over everyone.  

I am all for science so we will see what the REAL scientists say when this is all said and done.  I just don't want to be on the side of the same types of people like the "cigarrettes don't cause cancer" crowd just because it helps the dear leader.

Right now Mother Nature is kicking science and scientists butts. 

This is how my brain is working right now......anti-maskers got me thinking about antifa.. which got me thinking about the masks they wear ...which got me thinking I wonder if those snoflakes are wearing the same masks out and about now....which got me thinking, if they are, they'll be easier to identify to law enforcement in those areas....

The masks would make for great plausible deniability once people start throwing Molotov cocktails after the Mad Max times begin in earnest. 

3 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Right now Mother Nature is kicking science and scientists butts. 

What the actual +++++ are you talking about? Do you even understand what you're saying?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 4/1/2020 at 9:35 AM, thelawlorfaithful said:

Guys, Rocket is kind of right here. I’ve heard people from the CDC, hell I’ve heard Fauci and Birx, downplay the efficacy wearing a mask when they obviously help slow the spread of disease. They might think they were helping prevent a run on masks, but even a noble lie right now is bullshit.

Leveling with us would be better. Everybody needs masks, we don’t have enough masks in America yet, and we barely had anybody making any masks until just recently. Stay home and let the first wave of doctors and nurses have what we can get them, we’ll get the masks soon enough. But this double talk is not helpful.

It’s surprising to you the administration is downplaying the liberal media’s made up virus that is no worse than the flu?   Since when has trump been honest about anything?

Posted Image

3 minutes ago, mysfit said:

Bottomline 

Wear a mask

If they want people to wear a mask then they need to be widely available. Right now there is a shortage of masks and our health care professionals can't even get enough. Ridiculous guidance.

1 minute ago, Los_Aztecas said:

If they want people to wear a mask then they need to be widely available. Right now there is a shortage of masks and our health care professionals can't even get enough. Ridiculous guidance.

Wear a home made cotton one.....

Or as el cheetoh put it, a nice thick scarf 🙄

One of the Final Five..........

8 minutes ago, mysfit said:

Wear a home made cotton one.....

Or as el cheetoh put it, a nice thick scarf 🙄

That's like saying to use a Ziploc bag if condoms aren't available. It's going to create more problems than it solves. 

2 hours ago, Akkula said:

Trump said if you can't get a mask use a banana.

2 hours ago, edluvar said:

It’s surprising to you the administration is downplaying the liberal media’s made up virus that is no worse than the flu?   Since when has trump been honest about anything?

It’s surprising to me how much dumber Trump has made everyone. Read the post again, there is no surprise. 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 4/1/2020 at 8:11 AM, bornontheblue said:

Masks are not necessarily good for the masses. They cause you to touch your face when you put put them on, take them off, adjust them. 

Just stay the +++++ at home 

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

First it’s no crowds larger than fifty, then it’s gatherings no more than ten. Then it’s six foot distancing, now wearing a mask. What’s next wearing a poor mans hazmat suit, ie a large garbage bag with eye holes and goggles?