Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mysfit

Who just felt that Earthquake?

11 minutes ago, mysfit said:

I want to know what the hell fault that was

Volcanic?

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

Liquifaction means the ground is more like jello. Seemingly solid ground acts more like liquid. It's not hard like rock.

That's why it felt more rolling in boise as opposed to a sharp crack

Screenshot_20200331-182156_Samsung Internet.jpg

One of the Final Five..........

Same area as this quake from 1983 - which woke me up in Moscow Idaho 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1983_Borah_Peak_earthquake

The 1983 Borah Peak earthquake occurred on October 28, at 8:06:09 a.m. MDT in the western United States, in the Lost River Range at Borah Peak in Central Idaho.[5][6]

The shock measured 6.9 on the moment magnitude scale and had a maximum Mercalli intensity of IX (Violent). It was the most violent earthquake in the lower 48 states in over 24 years, since the 1959 Hebgen Lake earthquake in nearby southwestern Montana.

1 minute ago, UNLV2001 said:

Same area as this quake from 1983 - which woke me up in Moscow Idaho 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1983_Borah_Peak_earthquake

The 1983 Borah Peak earthquake occurred on October 28, at 8:06:09 a.m. MDT in the western United States, in the Lost River Range at Borah Peak in Central Idaho.[5][6]

The shock measured 6.9 on the moment magnitude scale and had a maximum Mercalli intensity of IX (Violent). It was the most violent earthquake in the lower 48 states in over 24 years, since the 1959 Hebgen Lake earthquake in nearby southwestern Montana.

I remember that quake. I was in the first grade getting ready for school. Freaked me out.

Just now, 406bleedsblue said:

I remember that quake. I was in the first grade getting ready for school. Freaked me out.

I was in bed in Moscow ID.........thought my roommate was shaking the bed trying to wake me - Moscow has to be a couple hundred miles in a straight line from the epicenter 

Northern NV felt this one as did some in downtown LV 

Here in California we are still getting aftershocks in Ridgecrest from the 7.1 quake that happened back in July. We had a 3.1 aftershock just last week. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

5 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

Here in California we are still getting aftershocks in Ridgecrest from the 7.1 quake that happened back in July. We had a 3.1 aftershock just last week. 

Californians would laugh at the Boise reaction to this quake.