Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mysfit

Who just felt that Earthquake?

15 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Californians would laugh at the Boise reaction to this quake. 

I've been through a lot of earthquakes and I can usually sleep through them or barely notice them. I can say however, the earthquake that happened down in Fullerton back in 2014 spooked me because I was at the epicenter and the quake last July was something I had never felt before. I could literally see the ground going up and down as it passed through the neighborhood. 

quake.jpg.2752d35750d25613f9d8dd795d8253e0.jpg

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

We are lucky because the mountains took the brunt. Salmon had a lot of land damage. I was in the San Fernando earthquake in 1971, which killed 64 people, and my bed was literally jumping up and down.

down in a hole.jpg

I felt it in Idaho Falls, lasted for about 15 seconds. Thought I was having a dizzy spell and then started getting texts from other people asking if I felt it. My brother works in West Valley, Utah and he felt it in his office. He thought it was just another after shock from their earthquake, but it felt different.

1 hour ago, UNLV2001 said:

Same area as this quake from 1983 - which woke me up in Moscow Idaho 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1983_Borah_Peak_earthquake

The 1983 Borah Peak earthquake occurred on October 28, at 8:06:09 a.m. MDT in the western United States, in the Lost River Range at Borah Peak in Central Idaho.[5][6]

The shock measured 6.9 on the moment magnitude scale and had a maximum Mercalli intensity of IX (Violent). It was the most violent earthquake in the lower 48 states in over 24 years, since the 1959 Hebgen Lake earthquake in nearby southwestern Montana.

This earthquake caused Mount Borah to raise about 2 ft. Daughter is a hydrologist but has physically studied the area.

down in a hole.jpg

https://www.sfgate.com/news/us/article/Magnitude-6-5-earthquake-strikes-in-Idaho-15170267.php

The hospital in Blaine County is on the front line of Idaho's coronavirus outbreak, in a region with the highest per-capita rates of known COVID-19 cases in the nation outside of New York City and surrounding counties.

Damn. Between the Earthquake and this news, it's clear God hates Fingersteaks. 

@BSUTOP25

1 minute ago, Joe from WY said:

https://www.sfgate.com/news/us/article/Magnitude-6-5-earthquake-strikes-in-Idaho-15170267.php

Damn. Between the Earthquake and this news, it's clear God hates Fingersteaks. 

@BSUTOP25

Negative, Trudy’s Kitchen was spared - best finger steaks and pie in the state.