Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Headbutt

2020 Football

Man is this going to be a different year.  AFA is the only school that got to finish spring camp and we just don't know who else is going to get the chance to do that.  Several teams didn't even get the chance to start.  On top of that we have new coaching staffs at half of the schools.  Most of those are expected to be an upgrade, but there's no guarantee, especially with new systems, terminology, etc. being implemented.  With the usual annual changes in personnel, it's a really tough year to predict.

Anybody care to try and rank the league on a way too early basis?  I'll weigh in later, but am still contemplating it.  BTW, unlike other "rank 'em" threads, arguing is encouraged.

Beats the hell out of Coviding.

4 hours ago, BacksThePack said:

We aren't gonna have the season so it won't matter

Fighting is okay, but this sort of negativity is not allowed haha.

I really hope you’re wrong.

1 hour ago, NevadaFan said:

Sadly I have to agree. Makes no sense to pack stadiums full of people without a vaccine. 

We can at least have made for TV games...

There has to be a season. If it has to be tv only with no fans - that’s what it will be. Basically no change there for most of the league.

Championship-Caliber

1. Boise

2. Air Force

3. Wyoming

4. SDSU

Bowl Eligible-ish

5. Nevada

6. Hawai’i

7. SJSU

8. Fresno

Not good

9. UNLV

10. CSU

11. USU

12. New Mexico

I think the league as a whole is going to be down this year as compared to last year. Too many new coaches and key player losses. Here are my picks: 

West Division

SDSU

Fresno State

Nevada

Hawaii

UNLV

SJSU 

Mtn Division

Wyoming

Boise State

Air Force

USU

CSU

UNM

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

I think the league as a whole is going to be down this year as compared to last year. Too many new coaches and key player losses. Here are my picks: 

West Division

SDSU

Fresno State

Nevada

Hawaii

UNLV

SJSU 

Mtn Division

Wyoming

Boise State

Air Force

USU

CSU

UNM

It always cracks me up how every year there are Boise fans trying like crazy to show they are unbiased in their predictions. They look exclusively at what they lose and not the other teams. No publication won't have Boise winning the division. Wyoming and Boise return the exact same amount of starters. Wyoming also loses their entire defensive staff (2nd year in a row they lost their DC). Wyoming was 4-4 last year. Boise was 8-0 last year. Making up a four game difference seems very unlikely. I know, blah, blah, blah the lines. Every team has to make up for lost production from last year. 

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

It always cracks me up how every year there are Boise fans trying like crazy to show they are unbiased in their predictions. They look exclusively at what they lose and not the other teams. No publication won't have Boise winning the division. Wyoming and Boise return the exact same amount of starters. Wyoming also loses their entire defensive staff (2nd year in a row they lost their DC). Wyoming was 4-4 last year. Boise was 8-0 last year. Making up a four game difference seems very unlikely. I know, blah, blah, blah the lines. Every team has to make up for lost production from last year. 

My pick is based on Wyoming having more returning starters on the lines where we have one. Second they have all the tough games at home, ours are on the road. And last, we have to play in Laramie in November. Other than one or two years our games there have always been tough ones. 

Yes we will be picked by the media and most publications like we are every year. They have been right three of the last six years. 

22 hours ago, quickdraw said:

BS-U will most probably not play football in their next/last MWC season once next season is canceled. So make a 2 year plan for your new football future in the land of obscurity or independence.

Why would we leave when we have you guys bent over and taking our dick, for all time?  You are about to triple our bonus money, btw.

Don’t overlook Air Force

15 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

At bigotry and cow pie tossing?  Yeah.

Coming from the land of the Aryan Nation:lol:

20 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Why would we leave when we have you guya bent over and taking our dick, for all time?  You are abkut to triple our bonus money, btw.

Must be a pretty small dick because I’m just not feeling it and I don think anyone else is either.  
Triple?  You aren’t earning the bonus you’re already getting.  Lately You keep pissing yourself anytime you’re in a game that brings exposure.

How’s that ESPN money working out for you.  Maybe if you go indie you can hang on to big brothers coat tail.

It SUCKS to be a CSU Ram!

3 hours ago, HRam said:

1. Boise

2. Air Force

3. Wyoming

4. SDSU

5. USU

6. CSU

7. New Mexico

8. Nevada

9. Hawai’i

10. SJSU

11. Fresno

12. UNLV

I don't expect the Bulldogs to be world beaters, but c'mon. Really? 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg