Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fbpack

How it ends

Planet of the apes GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Once we have enough masks the restrictions on the economy will be eased and only retightened when a bad hot spot breaks out. All of us will have masks in our house for the rest of our lives. 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

20 minutes ago, mugtang said:

And phuck the WHO too!

How dare you!!!

The Who (.gif) | Keith moon, Music is life, Cool bands

7 minutes ago, mugtang said:

If the economy hasn’t mostly recovered by November, Trump gets crushed in the election.  I’ve been consistent in my belief that the only way Trump loses is if the economy tanks.  While this virus isn’t necessarily his fault, if there’s not a significant recovery underway by then he loses in a Reagan landslide.  

I think that is a good assessment if the Democrats had nominated a candidate like Tulsi Gabbard. Biden is a catastrophe and will fumble and folly his way through the fall election. It will be a total disaster for the Democrats. 

15 minutes ago, mugtang said:

If the economy hasn’t mostly recovered by November, Trump gets crushed in the election.  I’ve been consistent in my belief that the only way Trump loses is if the economy tanks.  While this virus isn’t necessarily his fault, if there’s not a significant recovery underway by then he loses in a Reagan landslide.  

I think the best case scenario has us in a recession still in November. I think trump has been a disaster and want him to lose. But one thing he and his media aparatus is good at is blaming the democrats and immigrants. I feel like it sticks. But that's just a hunch. Things can go in a million directions right now.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

21 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I think it will also be the virus. As long as COVID-19 is in "those other states/cities" then some people will still consider it no big deal and think Trump is dealing with it well. But as it hits big away from the coasts in large numbers and little is being done for patients I think there will be some backlash.

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

If it's merely on the upswing he wins. If it's bordering on Mad Max, he very well might lose, but honestly, anything short of that, he wins. This whole crisis has played into his favor better than anything he could have hoped for. It's like Bush Jr.'s Iraq War. 

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

Who is going to believe Biden and the anti business Democrats are going to handle this any better? If our debt had been in good shape we would have weathered this economically. Now the whole house of cards may come tumbling down. And that blame can be passed back to the end of the Clinton years. 

56 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

I think that is a good assessment if the Democrats had nominated a candidate like Tulsi Gabbard. Biden is a catastrophe and will fumble and folly his way through the fall election. It will be a total disaster for the Democrats. 

7 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

If it's merely on the upswing he wins. If it's bordering on Mad Max, he very well might lose, but honestly, anything short of that, he wins. This whole crisis has played into his favor better than anything he could have hoped for. It's like Bush Jr.'s Iraq War. 

5 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Who is going to believe Biden and the anti business Democrats are going to handle this any better? 

I think you guys are seriously overestimating Trump and underestimating Biden.  I also don’t think you’re considering just how much Hillary repulsed people.  If this virus tanks the economy Trump is toast, doesn’t matter who the Dems run.   It’ll be like 2008 where it didn’t matter who the Dems ran they were going to win.  If Trump can’t get a handle on this and it burns through the population, he’s toast.  He may not think he’s responsible, but he’s the President and despite his refusal to accept responsibility it’s 100% on him (right or wrong).  Plus he won’t win if all of the old people are dead or quarantined.  His re-election is not a lock right now.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 minute ago, mugtang said:

I think you guys are seriously overestimating Trump and underestimating Biden.  I also don’t think you’re considering just how much Hillary repulsed people.  If this virus tanks the economy Trump is toast, doesn’t matter who the Dems run.   It’ll be like 2008 where it didn’t matter who the Dems ran they were going to win.  If Trump can’t get a handle on this and it burns through the population, he’s toast.  He may not think he’s responsible, but he’s the President and despite his refusal to accept responsibility it’s 100% on him (right or wrong).  Plus he won’t win if all of the old people are dead or quarantined.  His re-election is not a lock right now.  

The longer this drags on the more it benefits him. Working Class Joe is effectively sidelined as long as this goes on. Trump looks like a hero as long as it doesn't turn into a total shitshow.

I'm not a Trump fan by any means. But I realize people are sheep, and if they're scared, they'll just follow the leader. 

Children of the damned GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

4 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

The longer this drags on the more it benefits him. Working Class Joe is effectively sidelined as long as this goes on. Trump looks like a hero as long as it doesn't turn into a total shitshow.

I'm not a Trump fan by any means. But I realize people are sheep, and if they're scared, they'll just follow the leader. 

I disagree.   But November is a long way from now.   Shit, impeachment was 2 months ago.  Feels like it was years. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Were all going to die GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

3 minutes ago, crixus said:

Were all going to die GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

thank god yes by Cooler - GIF Your TV

How it ends depends on how we deal with it over the next few months.

This has barely gotten started. The reports coming out of some of the hospitals is downright scary. I'm really concerned for healthcare workers right now.

One of the Final Five..........

As immunity builds it will mostly be like a yearly cold type respiratory virus, but probably not be as severe as in the beginning. 

OR we can always meet at mother Abigail's in Colorado.

stephen king mother abigail GIF