Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fbpack

How it ends

Some of us are immune. When we pass an immunity test, we will get special barcodes tattooed on our forearms. This will enable us to run the world while the rest of you poor saps are stuck at home.

I predict:

It will die down, people will go out and there will be a second wave scare. After that dies down, we'll watch football, just in time to see China blow up with a second round of this bullshit.

in 2021 we'll quarantine the vulnerable/aging folks, and the healthy will bear the brunt.

Eventually everyone will get it. Hopefully we'll have a good vaccine by the next go-round.

Then again, it's a coronavirus, just like some that cause the common cold.

Again, F**K China for this.

1 minute ago, CV147 said:

I predict:

It will die down, people will go out and there will be a second wave scare. After that dies down, we'll watch football, just in time to see China blow up with a second round of this bullshit.

in 2021 we'll quarantine the vulnerable/aging folks, and the healthy will bear the brunt.

Eventually everyone will get it. Hopefully we'll have a good vaccine by the next go-round.

Seriously, +++++ China.

3 minutes ago, CV147 said:

I predict:

That’s where I’m at except I don’t think everyone will get it just a very high percentage that will develop an immunity so that it isn’t passed on so easily. 

wild guess.  goes through US.  calms down by early june, late may.  antibody treatment allows us to get death count down by late april. 

another surge by winter time but again antobody treatment prevents a lot of death until vaccines roll next may

37 minutes ago, fbpack said:

How do you guys predict the whole “Coronavirus” situation ends??

WTF? Have you not (re)watched Contagion or World War Z yet? :D

5 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

That’s where I’m at except I don’t think everyone will get it just a very high percentage that will develop an immunity so that it isn’t passed on so easily. 

Yeah that's probably more accurate.

I'm resigned to the fact that I'll likely get it.

It makes it easier to deal when you settle on that, with this virus that is probably more virulent than the flu.

36 minutes ago, CV147 said:

Still would be difficult to quarantine that many people.

High-risk groups include:

• Over 65. That is about 51 million people.
  • Many pregnant women. At any one time there are about 6 million pregnant women in the US.
  • The immunocompromised. Researchers estimate that at about 10 million Americans.
  • Severe obese (BMI over 40). About 20 million adults and children.
  • Chronic Lung Disease or Moderate to severe asthma. About 30 million Americans
  • Serious heart conditions. I don't know a good number for "Serious" category.

I don't know all of the overlaps where people are in multiple categories.

But we would still be looking at quarantining about 1/3 of US adults and children.

1 hour ago, Billings said:

wild guess.  goes through US.  calms down by early june, late may.  antibody treatment allows us to get death count down by late april. 

another surge by winter time but again antobody treatment prevents a lot of death until vaccines roll next may

I think this is the most accurate. 

We'll fumble along. It will be bad at times. Hospitals overrun. Treatments may arise in a few months and that will help but this mess of some sort will go on until we all pretty much all get it or a vaccine is developed.

I predict we're shut down until well into June, and there are fewer than 150,000 deaths by the end of summer. 

Trump gets re-elected by blaming the economic collapse that is still underway in November on the Democrats and immigrants. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

3 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Seriously, +++++ China.

And phuck the WHO too!

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

59 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

I predict we're shut down until well into June, and there are fewer than 150,000 deaths by the end of summer. 

Trump gets re-elected by blaming the economic collapse that is still underway in November on the Democrats and immigrants. 

If the economy hasn’t mostly recovered by November, Trump gets crushed in the election.  I’ve been consistent in my belief that the only way Trump loses is if the economy tanks.  While this virus isn’t necessarily his fault, if there’s not a significant recovery underway by then he loses in a Reagan landslide.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater