fbpack

Aztec Basketball offseason thread

San Diego st seems to be having a quiet offseason. I thought they would be able to parlay there success from last year into adding some high impact transfers? What’s going on Aztec fans?!

59 minutes ago, fbpack said:

San Diego st seems to be having a quiet offseason. I thought they would be able to parlay there success from last year into adding some high impact transfers? What’s going on Aztec fans?!

Give it time.  The offseason transfer list is still ongoing.

Also waiting on whether or not the seniors will get an extra year of eligibility and Malachi Flynn's NBA decision.

We have three freshmen coming in;two guards,Keith Dinwiddie Jr, Fairfax High and  Lamont Butler from Riverside and   6-7 wing Che Evans from Baltimore by way of Philly. That gives us 1 scholly for a transfer and two if Flynn goes pro.  We're in the mix on a number of kids.  If I were a betting man, Drew Buggs PG from Hawaii and Joshua Morgan, the 6' 11" Freshman from LBSU, Big West Defensive player of the year are on the menu. But, who knows.......

https://youtu.be/am4D60XyApA

https://youtu.be/hryIQgTyZOQ

https://youtu.be/znl4vMkBaQU

19 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

Also waiting on whether or not the seniors will get an extra year of eligibility and Malachi Flynn's NBA decision.

I believe only spring sport seniors will be eligible for another year. If Flynn declares and with Wetzell and Feagen graduating SDSU will come back to the pack in the MWC.

I see most MWC teams being better next year except Nevada, SDSU, Air Force and USU. Part of that is those teams were very good last year except Air Force and will lose key players. The other part is the rest weren’t that great and can’t help but be better. Here’s my way early picks:

SDSU 

Boise State

CSU

UNLV

USU

Fresno State

New Mexico

Nevada if they lose Harris

Wyoming

SJSU

Air Force

3 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

I believe only spring sport seniors will be eligible for another year. If Flynn declares and with Wetzell and Feagen graduating SDSU will come back to the pack in the MWC.

I see most MWC teams being better next year except Nevada, SDSU, Air Force and USU. Part of that is those teams were very good last year except Air Force and will lose key players. The other part is the rest weren’t that great and can’t help but be better. Here’s my way early picks:

SDSU 

Boise State

CSU

UNLV

USU

Fresno State

New Mexico

Nevada if they lose Harris

Wyoming

SJSU

Air Force

Probably a fair statement but who we get to fill our 2 schollies will play a large part in how we look. Wetzell's performance wasn't predicted by many( except me).  The staff knows what they need and have shown the ability to go out and get it.