Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Productive shit you are doing while social distancing thread.

4 minutes ago, happycamper said:

It doesn't work if you click the quoted post, but I can download it on other devices if I click the original post...

It says this when I click on it (original post):

Sorry, there is a problem

This attachment is not available. It may have been removed or the person who shared it may not have permission to share it to this location.

Error code: 2C171/1

1 hour ago, happycamper said:

@MetropolitanCowboy

Here's a very basic plan, elevation, and post embed sketch. If you have questions, let me know. I designed the members for a 40 psf roof snow load (for reference, Casper uses 30 psf) and just typical wind. 

DOC012.pdf 176.47 kB · 4 downloads

Edit- I don't know why the scanner didn't scan 1/4 of the second page and weirdly some Ts. but... there was no information there so it's all good

11 minutes ago, happycamper said:

did it not just download to your downloads folder?

3 minutes ago, happycamper said:

It doesn't work if you click the quoted post, but I can download it on other devices if I click the original post...

Just now, MetropolitanCowboy said:

It says this when I click on it (original post):

Sorry, there is a problem

This attachment is not available. It may have been removed or the person who shared it may not have permission to share it to this location.

Error code: 2C171/1

@mugtang

Why can I download it when logged out on my phone but these guys can't?????!?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

15 minutes ago, happycamper said:

@mugtang

Why can I download it when logged out on my phone but these guys can't?????!?

No clue.  I can easily download it.  Let me check the settings in the admin panel. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Awesome thread. I've been getting a ton of work done, and only during working hours. Also making time to talk some breaks with my wife (who is also working from home), and my marathon training is ON POINT these days. I also signed up for a professional development certificate through a university today. Gonna be lean, mean, and educated by the time they let me back in the office!

5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg

2 hours ago, happycamper said:

@MetropolitanCowboy

Here's a very basic plan, elevation, and post embed sketch. If you have questions, let me know. I designed the members for a 40 psf roof snow load (for reference, Casper uses 30 psf) and just typical wind. 

DOC012.pdf 176.47 kB · 5 downloads

Edit- I don't know why the scanner didn't scan 1/4 of the second page and weirdly some Ts. but... there was no information there so it's all good

Thanks @happycamper and @mugtang

Once this snowstorm passes, I may have something to go pass my time with!

20 hours ago, retrofade said:

Nah, my shoes are good... I'm just not used to walking so much, so I developed some bad habits to deal with soreness.

I've been there. I thought my shoes were good, too, but it turns out they were completely wrong for my feet. It's night and day when you get some that work the way you need them to. Go to any reputable running store, get a gait analysis done, and try a ton of shoes (when we're allowed to do that again, of course). Your feet, joints, and muscles will thank you!

Most stores will have old models on super sale. I tried out some Saucony Ride 8's when I first started getting into running, but wasn't willing to spend $120 on a pair of shoes. I was very willing to spend $50 on some Ride 5's though. They are still in my rotation, albeit on the way out. I've put a ton of miles on them. Got the Ride 8's a few years later when they went on sale.

5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg

My fiancee and I literally spent all day yesterday in our pajamas playing video games. She's playing her DC Universe MMO and I'm switching between Resident Evil 2 Remake and Mass Effect 2. We baked a DiGiorno pizza for dinner with a few 805's. We are being a little more productive today, but yesterday was glorious. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

21 minutes ago, WYO1016 said:

I've been there. I thought my shoes were good, too, but it turns out they were completely wrong for my feet. It's night and day when you get some that work the way you need them to. Go to any reputable running store, get a gait analysis done, and try a ton of shoes (when we're allowed to do that again, of course). Your feet, joints, and muscles will thank you!

Most stores will have old models on super sale. I tried out some Saucony Ride 8's when I first started getting into running, but wasn't willing to spend $120 on a pair of shoes. I was very willing to spend $50 on some Ride 5's though. They are still in my rotation, albeit on the way out. I've put a ton of miles on them. Got the Ride 8's a few years later when they went on sale.

I'm probably going to head down to the to a store once all of this is over.. Right now I'm wearing a few models old Nike Pegasus, which I did have a version fitted for me at one point, but my body has changed, and their design has changed since that happened. I need to get good shoes for running, as my next goal is to transition into actual running to start training for a 10k... once I get my endurance up that is. 

4 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I'm probably going to head down to the to a store once all of this is over.. Right now I'm wearing a few models old Nike Pegasus, which I did have a version fitted for me at one point, but my body has changed, and their design has changed since that happened. I need to get good shoes for running, as my next goal is to transition into actual running to start training for a 10k... once I get my endurance up that is. 

If you are a between a neutral and a motion control shoe I have been really happy with the performance of the Asic gel-nimbus. 

15 minutes ago, Los_Aztecas said:

If you are a between a neutral and a motion control shoe I have been really happy with the performance of the Asic gel-nimbus. 

can confirm

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

I feel like virtual races and fastpacking on-your-own mapped adventures are going to see a big rise in popularity.

@happycamper have you heard of the Ultrapedestrian Wilderness Challenge?  They have some pretty cool looking routes in the Cascades and Okanagan.

Wild Idaho Endurance Challenge is a copycat one for Idaho/Oregon.

These are basically just a collection of ultra-distance routes (40-100 miles) that you complete and 'win' a litte patch for.

2 hours ago, Los_Aztecas said:

Ohhh

The kyano has support for plantar fasciitis 

My knees don't run but I do like to walk

One of the Final Five..........

2 hours ago, ridgeview2 said:

My fiancee and I literally spent all day yesterday in our pajamas playing video games. She's playing her DC Universe MMO and I'm switching between Resident Evil 2 Remake and Mass Effect 2. We baked a DiGiorno pizza for dinner with a few 805's. We are being a little more productive today, but yesterday was glorious. 

My girlfriend and I are getting our Animal Crossing island in top shape :D

35 minutes ago, mysfit said:

Ohhh

The kyano has support for plantar fasciitis 

My knees don't run but I do like to walk

Kayano is for people with no arches and whose ankles over pronate. The roll bar really aligns the ankle well when you are running. It is a pretty stiff shoe though, at least the old gen 24s were.

There's a lot of awesome stuff people are doing in this thread. I've appreciated all the good ideas on projects to keep me busy. 

I've always wanted to work from home, and 2.5 weeks into this thing I think my wishes were spot on. Not having to commute 30-45 minutes each way (a fairly short commute, I know) has given me tons of extra time to do stuff around the house. So far that has included getting the garden prepped for planting and working on refinishing two bathrooms. I'd been planning on hiring a painter to repaint the rest of the house after the bathrooms were done, but all this extra time has made me think about doing it myself (although I hate painting). 

5 minutes ago, mondego said:

There's a lot of awesome stuff people are doing in this thread. I've appreciated all the good ideas on projects to keep me busy. 

I've always wanted to work from home, and 2.5 weeks into this thing I think my wishes were spot on. Not having to commute 30-45 minutes each way (a fairly short commute, I know) has given me tons of extra time to do stuff around the house. So far that has included getting the garden prepped for planting and working on refinishing two bathrooms. I'd been planning on hiring a painter to repaint the rest of the house after the bathrooms were done, but all this extra time has made me think about doing it myself (although I hate painting). 

no one likes painting.  we just do it because it's cheaper than paying someone else.

On 3/28/2020 at 4:30 PM, 406bleedsblue said:

Building the wife a greenhouse. I'm an iron worker and hate working with wood.

20200323_114726.jpg

I'm a carpenter. If I'm on a concrete job and somebody tries to get me to wear a wire wheel, my standard reply is "I graduated third grade on my first try, what the hale would I need that thing for?!"

No hurt feefees out there,  we wouldn't have it any other way

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif

44 minutes ago, Maynard Delecto said:

I'm a carpenter. If I'm on a concrete job and somebody tries to get me to wear a wire wheel, my standard reply is "I graduated third grade on my first try, what the hale would I need that thing for?!"

No hurt feefees out there,  we wouldn't have it any other way

I actually wish I was more handy with wood working, dry wall etc but I've been building towers for the last 25yrs (since I was 18). My hobbies are building race cars, sand rails and the likes. I can literally build you a 2000' tower or put roll cage in a car but getting an angle cut right on a 2x4 is beyond me.