Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Productive shit you are doing while social distancing thread.

I'm been walking 7-8 miles every day and doing body weight exercises with a resistance band. I've also been working on studying for a Salesforce Admin certification to try and help me get a job.

7 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I'm been walking 7-8 miles every day and doing body weight exercises with a resistance band. I've also been working on studying for a Salesforce Admin certification to try and help me get a job.

My last two companies have used UIs on salesforce.  It is remarkablly flexible software.  I am somewhat of a self taught wizard on it, the entire company relies on me to make to pull reports and make dashboards.  Good on ya Retro.  No homo but I feel we are kindered spirits in a lot of ways.

4 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Paint/stain/treat the rest of your fence to match the one 4x4.

It sticks out like a turd in a punch bowl.:D

Do not even get me started.  I have been trying to do that for 3 years.  I offered to do all the labor for free but I would like my neighbors to split the supply cost with me.  They will not as they are renters and the landlord in question refuses to have me do the labor, wants it done professionally.  I can never reach her to talk about it.  

The fence needs replaced not stained.

3 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

My last two companies have used UIs on salesforce.  It is remarkablly flexible software.  I am somewhat of a self taught wizard on it, the entire company relies on me to make to pull reports and make dashboards.  Good on ya Retro.  No homo but I feel we are kindered spirits in a lot of ways.

I really enjoyed using it when I was at a startup a few years ago. Developing dashboards is a blast for me, and I've also been helping my wife out with her Salesforce implementation at work to design dashboards that her boss wants but she doesn't have time for. I need a change in what I've been doing, while still sticking in IT. I enjoy IT admin work, but don't really want to be a sysadmin again, but a software admin is a different story... plus SFDC Admins, Devs, and Architects are in short supply. 

Oh, and yeah, I agree on the kindred spirit thing. 

Great thread.

My wife closed her office and is working from home.  My kids are home since school is closed.

Construction is deemed an essential industry so I'm still working normally for now.  But they aren't pouring many new slabs, so I'll take a major hit in about six weeks.  

2 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I really enjoyed using it when I was at a startup a few years ago. Developing dashboards is a blast for me, and I've also been helping my wife out with her Salesforce implementation at work to design dashboards that her boss wants but she doesn't have time for. I need a change in what I've been doing, while still sticking in IT. I enjoy IT admin work, but don't really want to be a sysadmin again, but a software admin is a different story... plus SFDC Admins, Devs, and Architects are in short supply. 

Salesforce and all other CRMs are useful if implemented throughout the company, unfortunately that's not normally the case in my experience.  So for me it's basically a call report, so I hate it.  Currently using microsoft crm but have also used salesforce.

1 minute ago, CPslograd said:

Salesforce and all other CRMs are useful if implemented throughout the company, unfortunately that's not normally the case in my experience.  So for me it's basically a call report, so I hate it.  Currently using microsoft crm but have also used salesforce.

The problem is too many companies try and implement it fix shit that ain't broke, so it gets a bad rap.  With how flexible the software is you can set it up to do just about anything but if you do not have the right people doing that it can be a cumbersome pain in the ass.

Rediscovering my vinyl collection.  Got a little painting done but mostly watching bad tv.   Still working but we are reevaluating day by day.

5 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

SFDC is technically powerful enough to run an entire company outside of an ERP, and even then there are addons that can almost fake that as well. The problem with my wife's company is that it was implemented half-ass and they have other systems for other things, so it's been a debacle project for over a year for her trying to get everyone using it and for IT to get it configured properly for that use.

2 minutes ago, retrofade said:

SFDC is technically powerful enough to run an entire company outside of an ERP, and even then there are addons that can almost fake that as well. The problem with my wife's company is that it was implemented half-ass and they have other systems for other things, so it's been a debacle project for over a year for her trying to get everyone using it and for IT to get it configured properly for that use.

CRM is widely integrated into the hotel business, so it is very useful there.  In my business it seems like just outside sales uses it, so it's not so helpful.  If credit, ISS, service, and shipping also updated it regularly, it would be a great tool.  Instead of calling shipping or my ISR, I could just check CRM.  

Productive shit I’m doing? Well, when I’m taking a shit, I try to be productive by reading about interesting historical events that I’m not totally familiar with, or if I’m going to have to fix something that day, I’ll watch some DIY YouTube videos. So when the toilet flushes, I’m read to hit the ground running. 

kat.jpg

1 minute ago, CPslograd said:

CRM is widely integrated into the hotel business, so it is very useful there.  In my business it seems like just outside sales uses it, so it's not so helpful.  If credit, ISS, service, and shipping also updated it regularly, it would be a great tool.  Instead of calling shipping or my ISR, I could just check CRM.  

Yeah, in an ideal world, you'd either have all of that running through SFDC, or at least have integrations that were properly populating that information into the CRM for users to have a unified platform to access it. 

We used it at a startup as our ticket management system, Jira was integrated for bug tracking, escalations to engineering happened through it, and a whole host of other things. It was probably the best implementation that I've seen, but they used it practically from when the company was created, so business processes were built around it rather than the other way around like most companies do things right now.

54 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

46 minutes ago, retrofade said:

gay men GIF