Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

Baseball and corona virus

When the COVID  19 crisis passes in the next few weeks (hopefully) MLB has the marketing opportunity of a lifetime. There is no better way to welcome back normalcy to America then good old fashioned baseball! I miss sports😐

The Japanese and South Korean professional baseball leagues are scheduled to begin their seasons in April.

https://www.axios.com/coronavirus-baseball-japan-south-korea-6302cd4b-dde3-43d5-8741-80f6ebafbe91.html

2 hours ago, Wyobraska said:

They won't play real games for at least a month, probably closer to 2 and that is probably the best case scenario.  I would welcome baseball with no fans if it gets it back sooner.

Opening day Memorial weeked?  I hope the virus slows long before this but I think you're right about the 2 months.

13 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

When the COVID  19 crisis passes in the next few weeks (hopefully) MLB has the marketing opportunity of a lifetime. There is no better way to welcome back normalcy to America then good old fashioned baseball! I miss sports😐

After MLB sanctioned a cheating astros world series win I cant stomach to watch again.   Done with it for good.  

18 minutes ago, slappy said:

After MLB sanctioned a cheating astros world series win I cant stomach to watch again.   Done with it for good.  

You sure you want to go down that road ... on a COLLEGE message board?

1 hour ago, NVGiant said:

You sure you want to go down that road ... on a COLLEGE message board?

Cheating is cheating.   They ruined the game for many fans.  Bot sure what's worse.  Barry Bonds or the Astros. 

1 hour ago, slappy said:

Cheating is cheating.   They ruined the game for many fans.  Bot sure what's worse.  Barry Bonds or the Astros. 

As an A’s fan- I hate both.