Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

Joe Biden rape allegation.

3 hours ago, WAC_FAN said:

Several of those women have filed suits against Trump, but they are being held up in court while he is President.  It's one of the many reasons that he needs to win this time.  Because he's going to hit left and right once he gets out.  And they didn't want to impeach Trump, for obvious reasons until their hands were forced.

But the allegation against Biden is now just as credible as Ford's was against Kavanaugh.

God, you’re stupid. 

kat.jpg

There’s  A LOT of variables in play that make all situations unique. So a one size fits all judgment is dumb. I think the amount of time gone by is a huge factor. Culture changes occur over the years, people can learn from their mistakes and grow up, etc. If Biden did what he was accused of waaaaay back then, there hasn’t been shown to be a continuing pattern of that level of violation, so it wouldn’t register one little bit as a negative for president to me. Culture changed and he’s mellowed on violating women’s personal space. So honestly Biden is clean as a whistle with women to me.

I fvcking HATE this kind of gotcha politics. Both sides have done it, but the Dems have taken it to new stratosphere’s in the last 15 years primarily by activists, but since Trump has come along it’s become deeply entrenched in the DNC itself. Most troubling are the number of women coming forward with completely made up stories such a few Kavanaugh women. At least one one has been recommended for prosecution, but still not much news on that, yet. 

Sadly, since it’s become a part of the game, I have no problem with Biden getting treated the same way as any other GOP related individuals have been. So I hope it crushes him, although simple gravity has been doing a pretty damn good job of that. 

kat.jpg

2 hours ago, WAC_FAN said:

There were multiple people who she told in 2013, 2016 and 2017 who came forward, as well as someone who said he was at the party, as well as other witnesses who said he was an angry junk.  The Justice Department limited the scope of the investigation so they never testified.  Anyway, It's in the same vein--she didn't tell anyone then but she wasn't changing her story over time.  I thought there was strong merit to her story and think there is strong merit to Reade's.  Both of them don't really have any personal gain to tell their story now.

No, there wasn’t anyone that said they were at the party. Everyone said to be there outright refuted it.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

9 hours ago, retrofade said:

I was a Kavanaugh "witch hunter" now? That one is news to me. I said there should be investigations into the allegations, and I maintain that the same thing should be true with Biden. 

It's kinda creepy to see that you're still obsessed with me though.

LOL.  You posted hourly with updates.  Every time some political hack expressed an opinion, you posted it.  I am sure I can find at least half a dozen posts where you thought Kavanaugh should step down.  It is not obsession.  No one could avoid you if they looked in the Kavanaugh thread.

55 minutes ago, BYUcougfan said:

LOL.  You posted hourly with updates.  Every time some political hack expressed an opinion, you posted it.  I am sure I can find at least half a dozen posts where you thought Kavanaugh should step down.  It is not obsession.  No one could avoid you if they looked in the Kavanaugh thread.

He’s one of the most self-unaware posters on this board.  Lots of revisionist history in this thread from folks who were all-in on the Kavanaugh witch-hunt.

v0icAvfW.jpg

Let’s remember to give Biden the same benefit of the doubt here. There is more circumstantial corroboration than Ford’s allegation, but that’s not hard because she had none. All we have is a woman calling in 1993 that is supposedly Reade’s now deceased mother who alleges vague harassment of her daughter. And a woman who was undoubtedly neighbors with Reade at the time of the alleged conversation, which is specific about what happened to Reade but doesn’t mention Biden at all.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

12 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Let’s remember to give Biden the same benefit of the doubt here. There is more circumstantial corroboration than Ford’s allegation, but that’s not hard because she had none. All we have is a woman calling in 1993 that is supposedly Reade’s now deceased mother who alleges vague harassment of her daughter. And a woman who was undoubtedly neighbors with Reade at the time of the alleged conversation, which is specific about what happened to Reade but doesn’t mention Biden at all.

Very true, but most of us remember the Kavanaugh hearings and so many had him convicted with zero evidence. Even Biden himself said women that say they have been sexually assaulted and name the person should be believed. 

13 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Very true, but most of us remember the Kavanaugh hearings and so many had him convicted with zero evidence. Even Biden himself said women that say they have been sexually assaulted and name the person should be believed. 

The point being don’t be like those people, even if it’s politically convenient. They were wrong. We need less of that, not more.

1 minute ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

The point being don’t be like those people, even if it’s politically convenient. They were wrong. We need less of that, not more.

I agree. I’m just pointing out the hypocrisy of those that convicted Kavanaugh. 

2 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I agree, but it is fun to point out the hypocrisy of sooooo many on this board.  They assured us it was not about teams, they were just concerned about the country.  They screeeeeeeeeeeeeched "Teams & $%&#" if you dared offer up a defense for Kavanaugh.  Now?  Silence.  :waiting:

4 hours ago, AndroidAggie said:

i probably won't vote for biden after this

I'm coming to this conclusion too. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

21 hours ago, NVGiant said:

But I think what @thelawlorfaithfulis saying that it is really easy to be a hypocrite when pointing out hypocrisy. 

IMO the only reason to compare the two is to score some political point. The two accusations are unique and should be dealt with on their own terms. Different circumstances, different difficulties in coroboration.

I still think it's weird that certain people are still so committed to the idea that Ford is a liar. Especially since her life was the one that got more ruined than Kav, who is on the supreme court. (edited after the fact to reflect total, objective truthiness)

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

the larry king call flipped me.

i don't believe women are in the habit of inventing wild stories for self aggrandizement or fame.  nothing in the character history of the accusers, both kavanaugh's and biden's, suggests dubious motives.

the threshold for evidence isn't enough to bring criminal charges to either (obviously) but they would convince me not to vote for the man for either seat they want to fill.

how hard is it to find someone who _doesn't_ have these accusations following them around?

4 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

i don't believe women are in the habit of inventing wild stories for self aggrandizement or fame.  nothing in the character history of the accusers, both kavanaugh's and biden's, suggests dubious motives.

the threshold for evidence isn't enough to bring criminal charges to either (obviously) but they would convince me not to vote for the man for either seat they want to fill.

how hard is it to find someone who _doesn't_ have these accusations following them around?

Is there any evidence the person on Larry King was this woman's mother or who she was talking about was Biden?

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

2 minutes ago, Mano said:

Is there any evidence the person on Larry King was this woman's mother or who she was talking about was Biden?

i would imagine that every one who knew tara reade's mother could account for the voice sounding the same.

the timeline matches up.

but -- there's no cryptographic non-repudiative signature in the chronitons and gravitons affecting space time surrounding the call, i'm afraid.

11 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

I dont disagree with this. But the nature of the allegation also means there are others if the allegation is true. If there are, they will come. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.