Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

Joe Biden rape allegation.

Guest #1Stunner
9 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

IMO, a great outcome would be for Sherrod Brown to be drafted to run against Mr. Grumpy. The country would get an intelligent, informed and humane president while ridding itself of one who has been anything but.

Has Brown ever run for President?

Right now I'd think Bernie Sanders deserves it the most (1B for Democrats).

And.... he's still running for President.

I'm also sort of surprised that this isn't being covered at all by the National media.  It should be a big story.

2 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

There were a lot of people making that very argument on here a while back with Kavanaugh.

Also, a lot of Democratic Presidential candidates called for Kavanaugh to be impeached, based on allegations.

Careful, pointing out such hypocrisy will cause @NVGiant to get angry enough to vote against you in the Derby!

1 hour ago, AndroidAggie said:

for the record, i never thought kavanaugh needed to be jailed over the allegations, just that perhaps he shouldn't be a supreme court judge if there was significance to the accusation. moral scrutiny for a supreme court judge: high; moral scrutiny to convict a guy: need evidence.

So Joe is unqualified, got it.

110926run_defense710.jpg

Guest #1Stunner
2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Careful, pointing out such hypocrisy will cause @NVGiant to get angry enough to vote against you in the Derby!

I already won the Troll Derby before.

Mug promised the victor great spoils of vanilla ice cream, and then I got nothing...

Never again!  The Derby is an insult to the craft.

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

IMHO preponderance of evidence should be the threshold we hold those up for office or appointments.  For similar reasons as that is the threshold of Tittle IV.  Was there a preponderance of evidence to say Kavanaugh was guilty of what he was being accused?  No, not in my estimation.  We will see about sniffy Joe.

i mostly agree.  quantity of evidence can be difficult to come by but may not have any bearing on whether or not it happened.  it only takes one time.

2 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

i mostly agree.  quantity of evidence can be difficult to come by but may not have any bearing on whether or not it happened.  it only takes one time.

Agreed, that is why preponderance is the title IV standard.  If it is 1% more likely they did it then did not do it.  Then done  Fineto.  Bye.  Enjoy the student loans/ only being a circuit judge.  Lowering the standard less than that is dangerous.  Every candidate for all time would have somebody come out against them for an opposition paycheck or promise of a book deal.

4 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

How much weight?  The same as Kavanaugh?  IMO we are just about there already.

not sure, yet.  i'd have to do more reading.

but mostly, yes.  the kavanaugh hearings and investigations seem a good starting point.

6 hours ago, AndroidAggie said:

dang man.  may vote write-in in october.

My penis is running. He's running as "the stimulus package". A solid option. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

25 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

There were a lot of people making that very argument on here a while back with Kavanaugh.

Also, a lot of Democratic Presidential candidates called for Kavanaugh to be impeached, based on allegations.

And your point is?

Boom goes the dynamite.

6 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

not sure, yet.  i'd have to do more reading.

but mostly, yes.  the kavanaugh hearings and investigations seem a good starting point.

May as well just remove voting from the criteria for succession to office.  

25 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Has Brown ever run for President?

I'm also sort of surprised that this isn't being covered at all by the National media.  It should be a big story.

Brown was urged to run by many but decided against it in late 2018 or early 2019. His public explanation was that he opposed certain positions he thought would end up being a mandatory part of the Dem policy position, precipally single payer healthcare which it's now apparent will not be a Dem policy. Although Brown denied, it's also speculated he declined to run because he's a good friend of Biden and didn't want to hamper Uncle Joe's expected run.

On your last point, to repeat, this is The Era of Trump and as such, it would be very difficult for the Republicans to try to make hay out of the accusation.

Boom goes the dynamite.

God forbid we have a candidate without a history of sexual misconduct.

You are missing the point.  If all it takes is an accusation to be removed from consideration for office or appointment, there will not be any candidates to vote for.  

4 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

Brown was urged to run by many but decided against it in late 2018 or early 2019. His public explanation was that he opposed certain positions he thought would end up being a mandatory part of the Dem policy position, precipally single payer healthcare which it's now apparent will not be a Dem policy. Although Brown denied, it's also speculated he declined to run because he's a good friend of Biden and didn't want to hamper Uncle Joe's expected run.

On your last point, to repeat, this is The Era of Trump and as such, it would be very difficult for the Republicans to try to make hay out of the accusation.

But boy can they make some hay out of the years worth of pearl clutching.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

7 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

You are missing the point.  If all it takes is an accusation to be removed from consideration for office or appointment, there will not be any candidates to vote for.  

but that's not my point.  i don't think that's anyone's point.

but that's not my point.  i don't think that's anyone's point.

If we lower the standard to be removed from consideration for public office to "that's what she said", that is exactly what would happen.  I think lowering it to a preponderance of evidence makes the most sense.  Going for a lower burden than that is dangerous and would just provide incentive for false allegations.  This does not nothing but hurt victims of sexual abuse and assault, as well.