Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

Have you or a family member been laid off due to Coronavirus world situation?

Have you or a family member been laid off due to Coronavirus world situation?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Have you or a family member been laid off due to Coronavirus world situation?

• YES. I have been laid off.
    • NO. I have not been laid off, BUT, I am on a mandatory furlough, WITHOUT pay.
    • I haven't been laid off, but my direct family member has.
    • No one in my direct family has been laid off. But extended family member has been laid off.
    • NO. I have not been affected.
    • I haven't lost my job, but I have lost income from other sources....
    • Other. (share or don't share below)

1 hour ago, Broncomare said:

I'm luckily working from home, as I have asthma and my doc ordered me to stay home.  We have been fighting SS for my husband's disability, as he has not worked in over a year and probably never will again.  So this just slows down the disability even slower.  My fear is if the economy continues to be shut down, that eventually there will be lay offs.  We are a garden & pet company.  Amazon sent a push email saying they are just focusing on household essentials and will not be purchasing from us for a least a couple of months.  One of our products that they buy from us is dog/cat food and I'm thinking people aren't going to stop buying dog/cat food.  Most people I know, sadly, would feed their pet before themselves - of course I'm one of them....

What type of Dog food / Cat food do you sell?  Between the three dogs, couple barn cats and peacocks we are always busy.  Send me a PM and we can buy some most likely.   Wife’s a Vet so she will look at cost and ingredients.  

17 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

What type of Dog food / Cat food do you sell?  Between the three dogs, couple barn cats and peacocks we are always busy.  Send me a PM and we can buy some most likely.   Wife’s a Vet so she will look at cost and ingredients.  

Sorry, I may have misrepresented, we are a large international corporation.  The dog food we sell is high end called Avoderm and it is made in the LA area out of avocados.  One of our other brands we own is Nylabone.  We sell directly to large retailers, like Chewy, Petco, PetSmart.  But I feed Avoderm to my dogs and my female pitty had allergy problems and would get hives, she doesn't with this, plus their coat, eyes, etc are shiny.  Thank you for you concern!  But if you are interested, Chewy sells it, so does Petco and PetSmart but I don't recommend PetSmart as they have rules against allowing bully breeds - even puppies in! 

down in a hole.jpg

I am at the end of my career, planning on retiring soon.  With luck, I will get laid off with a nice severance.  I will give up a retirement luncheon for that.

110926run_defense710.jpg

My wife is actually changing jobs in this midst of all this.  She's a social worker, and she's moving from the transplant program at a big hospital in Dallas to the children's hospital in Dallas, where she'll be working with CF patients.  Crazy timing, but 3 weeks ago (when she took the gig) is a long time ago now.  She starts Monday.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

I actually landed a job offer in the midst of all this chaos. I had an interview, they offered me the position, then all hell broke loose over the next week, things got delayed a week and I was kept on ice the whole time and shitting bricks. I finally got the written offer on Monday. 

Lots of other people I know though, just got iced out in the middle of the whole job search. It's a pretty brutal situation out there right now. 

We just went to two team pods. 

Chief engineer, guest services manager, 2 maint techs and 2 guest service agents on one pod.

Me ( engineering supv.), 2 maint techs and 2 guest service agents on the other. 

Each pod works separate days. Minimizes contact.

All guests remaining at our properties have until April 1st to leave. Thankfully there are only a handful who've decided to stay.

After April 1st....I don't know. 

Bartender here. Laid off on the 18th.

In an effort to save my small emergency fund for absolute necessities, I've cancelled my health insurance (very high deductible anyways), cancelled an auto insurance policy on one of my vehicles and reduced the coverage to next to nothing on my other, cancelled all other non essential bills/subscriptions, trying to skip a couple car payments, and made arrangements with my landlord to pay minimal rent, but will have to make up for it later. 

For the first and hopefully only time ever, I've applied for unemployment. Expecting $350/wk for that. If I qualify for the extra $600/wk in the stimulus which I think I do, that will be close to what I average weekly and will save my ass. That, the $1200 stimulus, and hopefully a grant that I applied for through the US Bartenders Guild would give me the ability to go back to normalcy on my bills and not lean on credit cards in a last resort scenario...for a couple months anyways. 

I really hope to get back to work asap but for now I'm enjoying my free time to play and record music and other things.

I think, therefore I'm.

14 minutes ago, ClevelandBrown said:

In an effort to save my small emergency fund for absolute necessities, I've cancelled my health insurance (very high deductible anyways), cancelled an auto insurance policy on one of my vehicles and reduced the coverage to next to nothing on my other, cancelled all other non essential bills/subscriptions, trying to skip a couple car payments, and made arrangements with my landlord to pay minimal rent, but will have to make up for it later. 

For the first and hopefully only time ever, I've applied for unemployment. Expecting $350/wk for that. If I qualify for the extra $600/wk in the stimulus which I think I do, that will be close to what I average weekly and will save my ass. That, the $1200 stimulus, and hopefully a grant that I applied for through the US Bartenders Guild would give me the ability to go back to normalcy on my bills and not lean on credit cards in a last resort scenario...for a couple months anyways. 

I really hope to get back to work asap but for now I'm enjoying my free time to play and record music and other things.

Good luck Brown, seems like you're on top of it.

Enjoy the time, none of us has control over the big picture. 

I work in TV production (freelance camera & sound) and work has definitely slowed down. It's a feast or famine business. My wife works for a charity and her hours have been cut in half. Best wishes to you all. 

35 minutes ago, ClevelandBrown said:

I believe that extra $600 goes to anyone receiving benefits. At least I hope so. The job market is crappy for everyone looking, so we're all affected.

Check out on the ACA what the government would contribute (subsidy)? You've had a change in earnings so that triggers a re-evaluation.

One of the Final Five..........

1 hour ago, ClevelandBrown said:

If you have enough get health insurance back.  Not the time to go without.