Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

Have you or a family member been laid off due to Coronavirus world situation?

Have you or a family member been laid off due to Coronavirus world situation?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Have you or a family member been laid off due to Coronavirus world situation?

• YES. I have been laid off.
    • NO. I have not been laid off, BUT, I am on a mandatory furlough, WITHOUT pay.
    • I haven't been laid off, but my direct family member has.
    • No one in my direct family has been laid off. But extended family member has been laid off.
    • NO. I have not been affected.
    • I haven't lost my job, but I have lost income from other sources....
    • Other. (share or don't share below)

Guest #1Stunner

Posting this thread to understand the economic struggles of our board members, and to offer support and encouragement.

(please don't make this into a Donald Trump thread....thanks).

If you have feedback on changing the poll, let me know.

(also, poll is anonymous).

I have a sis. in law that was a server at Maddox (somewhat famous steakhouse in northern Utah).  Technically she and others there aren't laid off yet (depends on how long the shut down is), they just aren't working or getting paid, so you know semantics and stuff.  Some staff there are still working take-out side of things.  Her husband is a police detective, so I don't think he will be likely to be out of work anytime soon, but they will be definitely tightening their budget.

I was let go a few weeks prior and while it wasn't coronavirus related, it's had an impact on my job search. I've decided to switch from process engineering (semiconductor/electronics) to Medical Coding. Pay cut but eventual option for remote/work from home. Taking an online course.

Obviously my back surgery, being elective, is on hold.

My brother is a pilot for Delta and his schedule is dramatically reduced. His older daughter is at college in England and hasn't decided when to come home.

One of the Final Five..........

Guest #1Stunner
9 minutes ago, AG Blue said:

I have a sis. in law that was a server at Maddox (somewhat famous steakhouse in northern Utah).  Technically she and others there aren't laid off yet (depends on how long the shut down is), they just aren't working or getting paid, so you know semantics and stuff.  Some staff there are still working take-out side of things.  Her husband is a police detective, so I don't think he will be likely to be out of work anytime soon, but they will be definitely tightening their budget.

I've been to Maddox a few times and know it well.  I know they do a lot of weddings, as well.

Tough situation. 

2 minutes ago, Nevada6077 said:

My hours have been cut and I am oncall!  I work in a hospital of all places and our procedures have been cancelled!

They are laying off 30 nurse anesthetists here because they have shut down all elective surgeries in the area.

5 minutes ago, Nevada6077 said:

My hours have been cut and I am oncall!  I work in a hospital of all places and our procedures have been cancelled!

Any chance you get repurposed?   It’s happening in New York and my daughter thinks it might happen to her. 

6 minutes ago, Nevada6077 said:

maybe I will check. it is very boring sitting at home, not to mention no money

Are people no longer cross trained for other areas?

Don't they "float" people anymore?

49 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Other than canceling a spring break trip with my kids, I haven't been affected.

All tenants had paid rent for March, we'll see what April brings.

Residential or commercial tenants ? 

As I mentioned in the other thread mwcboard revenue has collapsed because of this.  But I’m really happy to still have a job.  

My nephew owns a gym and it’s closed. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Luckily I'm in education so I'm still getting paid, but most of our money comes from overtime and summer school so we will be making a lot of financial cuts this year. I've made another topic about it, but my uncle is on the verge of losing his business because he's in the entertainment sector. He's picking up small jobs to keep the lights on, but until the stimulus package kicks in he's living on the edge. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

3 hours ago, sactowndog said:

My daughter is a PT part time and her Clinic got closed.  My son is a professional water polo player in Greece and his season was ended.   

My fiancee is a Physical Therapist Assistant and her clinic is staying open. It's a private practice run by a husband and wife. Suffice to say she doesn't feel comfortable going into work right now. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg