Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toonkee

Coronavirus - Positive News

2 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Idaho positive cases peaked two weeks ago and have fallen off sharply since then. Our governor still extended restrictions until May 1.

Good to see.  I thought Colorado started earlier than Idaho and the state restrictions are in place until the 26th.  Given the recent federal CDC guidelines presented by Trump, that's subject to change.

Stay safe man.

On 4/2/2020 at 3:10 PM, BSUTOP25 said:

Wow — didn’t think I would get a stimulus check:

2769CED7-1F18-4A72-AC81-B4A2FB7C6544.jpeg.da6566e45a5c81d664d3bffffd3ed3fb.jpeg

I see what you did there.

On 4/5/2020 at 2:52 PM, TheSanDiegan said:

I tried planting Hot Pockets earlier in the year but they never sprouted. :shrug: 

You're suppose to put too picks in it; fill a cup w/ 4oz of water; insert the hot pocket into cup- making sure on 1/4 to 1/2, only, is covered by water. Plant it once once roots start growing. 

On 4/13/2020 at 3:45 PM, smltwnrckr said:

Actually, they probably would rather fine the delivery man that dropped it off.

I remember though when I was covering a county in upstate NY when the local authorities and the regional state troopers were kind of in a bit of a battle with the local Indian tribe and they were arresting little old ladies who were buying cartons of cigarettes at the reservation store and charging then with tax evasion. These people out in the Northeast LOVE their sin taxes. 

Which county out of curiosity.  My mom grew up in Marathon NY, which is in Cortland County.

36 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

Which county out of curiosity.  My mom grew up in Marathon NY, which is in Cortland County.

Cayuga County. Not far from Cortland County. And for a stretch while I was out there, I lived in Tompkins County which is right next to Cortland County. Basically the same area. I've been through Cortland Co. a ton and have definitely been in Marathon a few times. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

On 4/13/2020 at 4:36 PM, smltwnrckr said:

Do you know how many times you'd have to wait in line at the store in PA to buy that much beer under normal circumstances? I wouldn't be shocked if the state fines her or something. That state is bonkers with its liquor laws. 

Utah says “Hold my 3.2% beer!”...

v0icAvfW.jpg

15 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

Lol I dunno I've only been to Utah once and only bought beer going into zion. Does the state still own the liquor stores in utah? They do in pa, and as of a couple years ago there was a limit in total volume of beer that could be purchased at one time. No 24 packs... just buy 2 12 packs in 2 separate purchases. 

PA was a theocracy for a long time. The Quakers ran the state, and their prison policies and other laws were reflective of that. Good for abolitionism. Good for women's suffrage.  Bad if you dont like temperance. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

25 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

8 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Lol I dunno I've only been to Utah once and only bought beer going into zion. Does the state still own the liquor stores in utah? They do in pa, and as of a couple years ago there was a limit in total volume of beer that could be purchased at one time. No 24 packs... just buy 2 12 packs in 2 separate purchases. 

PA was a theocracy for a long time. The Quakers ran the state, and their prison policies and other laws were reflective of that. Good for abolitionism. Good for women's suffrage.  Bad if you dont like temperance. 

I thought Utah binned that 3.2% content shit recently? When I went to Ogden last fall for the Boise State v USU game, bought normal 5% beer from the grocery store. Wasn’t there a compromise that they just lowered the BAC % for dui? 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

13 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I thought Utah binned that 3.2% content shit recently? When I went to Ogden last fall for the Boise State v USU game, bought normal 5% beer from the grocery store. Wasn’t there a compromise that they just lowered the BAC % for dui? 

They did...

v0icAvfW.jpg

24 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

I’m a PA native and now UT resident.  Trust me, UT liquor laws are way worse.

v0icAvfW.jpg

3 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I can at least explain Utah's liquor laws now.  When I first moved here in 2002, I could not even articulate what was going on with alcohol in this state.

30 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I'll take your word for it. I grew up in ca, so anything that doesn't allow you to buy enough liquor to kill yourself at the supermarket or gas station up until 2 am is fascism imo.

3 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

I'll take your word for it. I grew up in ca, so anything that doesn't allow you to buy enough liquor to kill yourself at the supermarket or gas station up until 2 am is fascism imo.

2 am wtf is that nonsense!?

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

20 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

Close at 2 a.m.? How do you like your government masters?! 

19 hours ago, renoskier said:

2 am wtf is that nonsense!?

2 hours ago, NVGiant said:

I'm not an anarchist like you maniacs in nevada. Its like a booze Hobbesian nightmare over there. 

2 hours ago, NVGiant said:

I will resist until McDonalds is able to sell strawberry margaritas 24/7. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg