Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toonkee

Coronavirus - Positive News

26 minutes ago, Broncomare said:

Good news!! I got tested and everything came out fine!!!

FB_IMG_1584829826414.jpg

Super!  But what happend to that small town Laramie girl?  The fast living in the Treasure Valley has corrupted you :P

Here's some positive news. 

1. The Anderson School of Business released a report this week that forecasts a Q4 growth of 4%. 

2. A friend took part in a leadership call with White House staffers this week where they were given a rosy prediction for the S&P by year's end.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

3 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Dogs just had the best week ever.

58 minutes ago, renoskier said:

I know mine did 

Image result for brittany spaniel

3 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

For sure. My dog gets out daily to meet old friends and lots of new ones. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/notorious_KRG/status/1239685850058895360

:USFlag:

Newsom says California enlisting Elon Musk, Tim Cook for coronavirus help

SAN FRANCISCO — Gov. Gavin Newsom said on Saturday that California is enlisting technology industry titans Elon Musk and Tim Cook in his state’s coronavirus defense as he issued a warning about public gatherings.

Days after cryptically alluding to an unnamed tech executive who had offered help in manufacturing needed medical equipment, Newsom confirmed that Musk — the founder of California-based Tesla and SpaceX — is “working overtime” to produce ventilators. Musk pledged to procure 250,000 masks, Newsom said, while Apple CEO Cook committed to providing 1 million.

Link

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

I've noticed many more families walking together for activity/exercise . (Obviously a forced form of physical activity/exercise, currently, but nice to see, nonetheless.) Also, a significant increase in "hi/hello" and friendly smile from people out walking.

1 hour ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

I've noticed many more families walking together for activity/exercise . (Obviously a forced form of physical activity/exercise, currently, but nice to see, nonetheless.) Also, a significant increase in "hi/hello" and friendly smile from people out walking.

Is that novel in California? It happens all the time in Idaho. 😀

11 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Is that novel in California? It happens all the time in Idaho. 😀

You highlighted, but still missed significant increase. It is highly probable that the state of Idaho would see an increase too, if the shelter at home is mandate proclaim. 

2 hours ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

You highlighted, but still missed significant increase. It is highly probable that the state of Idaho would see an increase too, if the shelter at home is mandate proclaim. 

I think what he is saying is that here in Idaho you say hi to everybody, all the time whenever you encounter them you at the least acknowledge them.  In many idaho towns it is unwritten law if you see somebody driving on the road, you raise a hand in a wave like gesture as a form of acknowledgment and greeting.  It freaks Californians out their first summer in Idaho. 

People always say hi in Wyoming....add to that "stay heathy"...more than once.

Also, for some reason years ago, I bought an extra case of TP and just remembered it in storage.  We now have 80 rolls and are offering to share w/ friends.

We also bought a dozen eggs

28 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I think what he is saying is that here in Idaho you say hi to everybody, all the time whenever you encounter them you at the least acknowledge them.  In many idaho towns it is unwritten law if you see somebody driving on the road, you raise a hand in a wave like gesture as a form of acknowledgment and greeting.  It freaks Californians out there first summer in Idaho. 

What's being missed here, is the emphasis on increase. Meaning it is common in CA, but has become more frequent. Just like it's common in Idaho, but frequency of it will increase too, if the same mandate is applied. 

2 minutes ago, Jackrabbit said:

People always say hi in Wyoming....add to that "stay heathy"...more than once.

Also, for some reason years ago, I bought an extra case of TP and just remembered it in storage.  We now have 80 rolls and are offering to share w/ friends.

I've been making runs to the store at night- my wife is considered an essential employee by the public agency she works for, so I have to hunker down with the kids during the day. Any way. neighbor from across the street text my wife that she has had a hard time finding flour tortillas. We scored some for her. :cheer:

Currently on the road driving north to deliver groceries to my mother-in-law in Visalia. There aren't a lot of cars on the road, but there are A LOT of big rigs and I saw a few with Idaho plates. Glad to see Trucker U let their graduates finish their finals early. :P

In all seriousness though, I tip my hat to the truck drivers they are doing a fantastic job at keeping the supply chain moving. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

23 hours ago, Broncomare said:

Good news!! I got tested and everything came out fine!!!

FB_IMG_1584829826414.jpg

You've been busy! Keep up the good work!

and if you want to share call 555-1212. :D

except the cannabis,lol, we've got plenty here.

and the opiates.

or the cocaine and benzodiazepines.

so never mind, we good.