Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thedude15

A fanless sports year? Is it possible?

On 3/20/2020 at 10:16 AM, toonkee said:

Oh it's possible. San Jose does it all the time.

Yeah! Welcome to our world!

On 3/22/2020 at 9:55 AM, soupslam1 said:

It’s funny but I don’t miss it as much as I thought I would and I watch a lot of sports. I’ve found other diversions. 

Losing the NCAAT hurt but the rest of it isn't really a big deal to me. Basically I watch an insane amount of college football and college men's basketball. For everything else (pro sports and other college sports) I just tune in if my team is good. Might catch some of the playoffs but it is not a must see unless my team is involved. 

I can swallow losing one NCAAT but if this cancels college football that might be my breaking point lol. But I highly highly doubt they would do that. To me the most extreme measure would just be a year without fans in the stands (hence the reason I started this topic). 

9 minutes ago, thedude15 said:

Losing the NCAAT hurt but the rest of it isn't really a big deal to me. Basically I watch an insane amount of college football and college men's basketball. For everything else (pro sports and other college sports) I just tune in if my team is good. Might catch some of the playoffs but it is not a must see unless my team is involved. 

I can swallow losing one NCAAT but if this cancels college football that might be my breaking point lol. But I highly highly doubt they would do that. To me the most extreme measure would just be a year without fans in the stands (hence the reason I started this topic). 

I just realized it’s not coming back anytime soon, so I just pushed it out of my mind. I still play tennis as an outlet as you are in a small group outdoors with good spacing. It’s low risk, a way to get exercise, and forget about the current situation for a couple of hours. And even at an older age I’m always experimenting with ways to get better. 

I think as things slowly return back to normal as much as possible, people going back to work etc. Large groups will still be banned and I fear it will continue much longer than we expect. So with that in mind how do you field a football team for pro,college, even high school? Heck for all we know some colleges won't even have on campus Fall classes, stay tuned.:shrug:

I invented an indoor sport called coronaball. I use a slightly deflated rubber ball, stand against one of our walls, and toss the ball off an awning on the opposite side of the room. The goal is to catch it on the fly without moving your feet 19 times (for covid-19). The player who does this the fastest wins. 

Create ground rules based on your own indoor environment. Not recommended for shared walls.