Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

Utah just got hit by a 5.7 Earthquake

The local NPR station  just said it was a 5.9.

I was sitting in bed reading and I felt it. The taller furniture started rocking as well. I'm glad it was not serious. 

I grew up in SoCal and small tremors were somewhat common. It has been a long while and I was initially confused when it started happening.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

NPR reporting earthquake was centered in the Magna area. Some minor power outages. 

Americans Mayor

Meanwhile, here in Ogden

earthquake GIF

Americans Mayor

KSL just reported 70k were w/o power. Down to 10k at this point.

Most outages we're caused by safety switches doing their job to prevent more widespread outages 

Americans Mayor

41 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

KSL just reported 70k were w/o power. Down to 10k at this point.

Most outages we're caused by safety switches doing their job to prevent more widespread outages 

Dammit I hate rational people like you. We need PANIC! A 9 plus earthquake is imminent! 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

20 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

Dammit I hate rational people like you. We need PANIC! A 9 plus earthquake is imminent! 

Mad, don't we have enough panic? You need to ration it out a bit, otherwise people just get over it and move on...:o

59 minutes ago, jdw said:

Mad, don't we have enough panic? You need to ration it out a bit, otherwise people just get over it and move on...:o

Mostly I made that comment TIC. We need idiots to quit making runs on stores and people locking themselves in their houses is what we need 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

3 hours ago, ole blu dude said:

The quake was felt in the Ogden- Logan area, and one aftershock also, some power has been lost and a few gas leak's, delay's at the SLC airport.. We had hail this morning, earthquakes and the virus I guess locust's is next.

Did someone say locusts?

https://interestingengineering.com/plague-like-locust-swarms-sweep-saudia-arabia-east-africa-asia

pussies

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

15 hours ago, madmartigan said:

The public response, increased hoarding, and media hyper focus will turn it into 6.3 before the weekend.

Americans Mayor

14 hours ago, madmartigan said:

Mostly I made that comment TIC. We need idiots to quit making runs on stores and people locking themselves in their houses is what we need 

More people locking themselves in their homes is a good first step.

It removes their paranoia from the mainstream..

Americans Mayor

As if the people of Magna don't have enough to worry about.

https://www.ksl.com/article/46731797/jolted-awake-magna-declares-emergency-in-wake-of-earthquake

Americans Mayor