Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toonkee

Coronavirus Politics

9 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

https://www.foxnews.com/world/china-germanys-bild-in-war-of-words-after-newspaper-scorched-xi-over-coronavirus

Germany is the superpower of factory tooling and China is obviously their biggest customer for that.  So they've always looked the other way just like we have.  

I think the Chinese heavy handed propaganda response has backfired.

Kudlow has already talked about doing what Abe is doing.  I get your concerns, I have them too, but I think the train has already left the station.

I have been saying for years we need to figure out a way to force China to do the right thing on the world stage and that companies have become apologists for them. Because of the money involved. I just dont trust trumps approach that he alone will be able to negotiate a bilateral deal that achieves anything, and I dont trust that stoking nationalism and anti-other sentiment will achieve this either. So we have a complex problem and all signs point to an attempt to solve it with an ineffective solution that is simple and populist. Not good.

18 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Bob. This isn't communism. Communism is bad in a different way. Right now you're the "everything I don't like is a nazi" meme

5kqfmmht01u41.jpg

15 hours ago, son of a gun said:

The Orange Menace would rather pat himself on the back then answer simple questions.

As for Facebook protest; if idiots want to congregate, infect each other, infect their loved ones, and then people simply in proximity, they should find their own platform to talk on. Facebook complied with a common sense request.

So FB should be the ones to decide this then ,  thats your point right?  Lets leave it up to FB to allow or disallow posts.   Apparently you just do what they tell you then, hope that works out for you. 

Just now, tspoke said:

5kqfmmht01u41.jpg

eek. And I've been listening to behind the bastards so I've been well informed on the whole "jewishness and bolshevism IS THE SAME" thing. yikes. 

2 minutes ago, happycamper said:

eek. And I've been listening to behind the bastards so I've been well informed on the whole "jewishness and bolshevism IS THE SAME" thing. yikes. 

so your comparing people complaining about social distancing and congregating to racism and nazism huh.  You should apply for a job at the Washington Post.  

Just now, pokerider said:

so your comparing people complaining about social distancing and congregating to racism and nazism huh.  You should apply for a job at the Washington Post.  

not even remotely close but nice try I guess

32 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Bob. This isn't communism. Communism is bad in a different way. Right now you're the "everything I don't like is a nazi" meme

You're right. The meme would have been better if it said "fascism".

12 hours ago, FresnoFacts said:

Maybe he is just getting old and forgetful. I've been concerned about the age of both major candidates. :oldman:

President Trump in the past - "I have one of the great memories of all time."

But today "I haven’t left the White House in months except for a brief moment to give a ship the Comfort..."

Maybe if Trump had said "weeks", but "months" is stretching it.

Campaign Rallies - 3/2/2020 Charlotte NC; 2/28/2020 North Charleston SC; 2/21/2020 Las Vegas NV; 2/20/2020 Colorado Springs CO; 2/19/2020 Phoenix AZ; 2/10/2020 Manchester NH

Golf Outings - 3/08/2020 Trump Intl, West Palm Beach, FL; 3/07/2020 Trump Intl, West Palm Beach, FL; 2/15/2020 Trump Intl, West Palm Beach, FL

Other travel in Feb and March: 3/6//2020 Nashville TN & Atlanta GA; 3/5/2020 Scranton PA; 3/3/2020 Behesda MD; 2/29/2020 National Harbor MD; 2/24-25/2020 New Delhi India; 2/19/2020 Bakersfield & Rancho Mirage CA; 2/18/2020 Beverly Hills CA; 2/16/2020 Dayton Beach FL; and more in February

It's been a slow progression but the guy is losing it and unlike Biden, he has no stuttering problem to use as an excuse.

Will be a potential clusterphuck if Trump gets reelected. Unlike Reagan, he won't quietly acknowledge his mental deficiencies but do the opposite ("I'm a stable genius") and let others make decisions which he'll simply announce. Instead Mr. Grumpy will do even more stupid ass things than during his first term in office.

1 hour ago, tspoke said:

5kqfmmht01u41.jpg

Major props.

She may not be a bigot but the woman holding up that sign is just as GD stoopid as those rednecks from the sixties. 

46 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Bob is right.

Also, I could win the troll derby if I wanted to, I just choose not to.

Uncle Rico GIF by memecandy

2 hours ago, pokerider said:

So FB should be the ones to decide this then ,  thats your point right?  Lets leave it up to FB to allow or disallow posts.   Apparently you just do what they tell you then, hope that works out for you. 

Considering its their platform, yes. It is up to Facebook.

Personally though? Haven't used Facebook, other than having an account, in about 2 years. Simply don't care for it.