Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toonkee

Coronavirus Politics

1 hour ago, Bob said:

As soon as public employees start getting laid off we'll see the country open back up real quick

Starting to see some municipality cutbacks.  I agree, that has to reach a critical mass before some governors loosen up restrictions.

https://www.dailynews.com/garcetti-urges-furloughs-for-city-employees-to-help-l-a-fend-off-attack-from-coronavirus

33 minutes ago, son of a gun said:

Facebook is free to control what people post on its own site to protect innocent people from idiots.

So if FB says you can't tell people that there will be a protest going on, your okay with that because you don't want the protest to occur and you don't want people to make their own choice on the matter.   
So you should be watching Trump then so he can tell you what you should be doing right?  

Does this trump fan grasp the irony of his dress and sign ?!?! Or are Cult 45 members really this out of touch with reality like their deal leader :hmmm:

3 hours ago, Bob said:

As soon as public employees start getting laid off we'll see the country open back up real quick

For the most part, layoffs are now passe. Government employees now get furloughed, which means they simply have their hours cut. Mayor Garcetti just announced as much for L.A. during his state of the city address yesterday. Cops and firefighters won't even get furloughed, they're simply too necessary, particularly during a crisis like this.

But don't worry, Bob. Those public employees will take a punch in the gut over the long term because in most states, cities rely heavily on sales taxes and with the exception of the occasional new car marked way down because auto dealers are really taking it in the shorts, L.A. isn't earning diddly squat these days because such a large percentage of people's expenditures is now going for food and that isn't taxable.

1 hour ago, UNLV2001 said:

Las Vegas Magat's out in force :waiting:

I always love it when guys protest the IRS who have probably paid a minute fraction as much income tax in their life as my wife and I have.

1 hour ago, pokerider said:

So if FB says you can't tell people that there will be a protest going on, your okay with that because you don't want the protest to occur and you don't want people to make their own choice on the matter.   
So you should be watching Trump then so he can tell you what you should be doing right?  

The Orange Menace would rather pat himself on the back then answer simple questions.

As for Facebook protest; if idiots want to congregate, infect each other, infect their loved ones, and then people simply in proximity, they should find their own platform to talk on. Facebook complied with a common sense request.

4 hours ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

No Biden supporter with an ounce of brains would wear something that could be mistaken for a MAGA cap to a public gathering.

Those people exist??

2 hours ago, Bob said:

Facebook is a private entity and can do whatever they want with their platform. 

2 hours ago, son of a gun said:

Facebook is free to control what people post on its own site to protect innocent people from idiots.

56 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Facebook is a private entity and can do whatever they want with their platform. 

God forbid a private company be allowed to decide how they manage content on their platform!! Lol

4 hours ago, Bob said:

Just curious. Do government workers still  receive their normal pay check if they aren’t working? If so, why? 

I'm only putting this here because it may not deserve its own thread, and it pertains to US China relations during Covid.

Keep an eye out for this, it should break into the evening news in the next day or two.  Might be nothing or could wind up being a big deal pretty soon.

Not sure if the America deployed with F35 b on it or not.

https://news.usni.org/2020/04/20/uss-america-now-steaming-near-south-china-sea-standoff#more-75601

5 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

I'm only putting this here because it may not deserve its own thread, and it pertains to US China relations during Covid.

Keep an eye out for this, it should break into the evening news in the next day or two.  Might be nothing or could wind up being a big deal pretty soon.

I'm assuming your meaning the aircraft carrier with F35 bombers?

33 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

https://news.usni.org/2020/04/20/uss-america-now-steaming-near-south-china-sea-standoff#more-75601

tumblr_m48kj1M5tG1r7tfy9o2_500.gif