toonkee

Coronavirus Politics

I'm really tired of white collar workers who are able to work from home, talking about their shared sacrifice.  While blue collar workers are either being layed off, or if they are lucky enough to work in an "essential industry" most of them are doing their gig and showing up to work every day.

My kids swim coach is out of work because the gym is closed, so she got a job as a runner at the hospital.

One of my buddies is a window manufacturers rep, he got his hours reduced, so he is working 3 days a week at Lowes now, to make up for the lost income.

Those there are my people.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

I'm really tired of white collar workers who are able to work from home, talking about their shared sacrifice.  While blue collar workers are either being layed off, or if they are lucky enough to work in an "essential industry" most of them are doing their gig and showing up to work every day.

My kids swim coach is out of work because the gym is closed, so she got a job as a runner at the hospital.

One of my buddies is a window manufacturers rep, he got his hours reduced, so he is working 3 days a week at Lowes now, to make up for the lost income.

I told my wife a few days ago we are going to give our hair stylist what we would pay for the haircuts we would normally be getting next week. Our stylist can't make an income right now.

I picked up take out food a couple of weeks ago and put extra money in the tip jar.

My grandparents were immigrants. My father taught me to always take care of those who do any work for me. I've always tried to do that.

• Like 6

If this poll holds............the orange crap stain is toast for a 2nd term 

1 hour ago, CPslograd said:

but do they have to push cells around a spreadsheet with 2 pre-k girls asking for water or milk or water no milk every 2 minutes and their wife cocking an eyebrow every time they're on mwcboard while clocked in?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, CPslograd said:

Fine so what donations have you made to help in the past couple weeks? 

1 hour ago, happycamper said:

but do they have to push cells around a spreadsheet with 2 pre-k girls asking for water or milk or water no milk every 2 minutes and their wife cocking an eyebrow every time they're on mwcboard while clocked in?

The struggle is real

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sactowndog said:

Fine so what donations have you made to help in the past couple weeks? 

I bet you get an answer that you don’t expect. @CPslogradis the real deal.

4 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

I bet you get an answer that you don’t expect. @CPslogradis the real deal.

What do you think I expect?   

2 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

What do you think I expect?   

I don’t know. That he’s not a man of good works. I may have inferred the wrong thing from what you said, but there is no poster I respect more than him.

2 hours ago, NVGiant said:

I don’t know. That he’s not a man of good works. I may have inferred the wrong thing from what you said, but there is no poster I respect more than him.

You would be wrong.  I suspect he well is a man of good works and would be a role model to say that is what I’ve done to help.   I rather here that than these are my people.  Perhaps it might inspire me to do more.   

1 hour ago, NorCalCoug said:

7A2D69F3-9C59-4498-9248-9EC06CF8674D.gif

All they are missing is the viewers on both sides throwing bottles and cans at the rowers.

• Cheers 2

Trump is now attacking the DHHS Inspector General. Interesting that he feels a need to mention H1N1 had 17,000 deaths after saying just last week about how he is doing on coronavirus "If we can hold that down, as we’re saying, to 100,000 … we all, together, have done a very good job,

4 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

Trump is now attacking the DHHS Inspector General. Interesting that he feels a need to mention H1N1 had 17,000 deaths after saying just last week about how he is doing on coronavirus "If we can hold that down, as we’re saying, to 100,000 … we all, together, have done a very good job,

Attack, attack, distort, lie, attack some more, and take no responsibility.

The Trump way.

16 hours ago, FresnoFacts said:

Gotta admire Trump for two things. One, he somehow still has solid support from 40% of Americans despite his performance in office. And two, dude's got chutzpah.

On the latter point, he demonstrated in the first video that he actually doesn't know diddly squat about what medication might be given to Boris Johnson yet in the second video he berates that young reporter because she doesn't know the name of his inspector general.

Conclusion: The man's a genius politically. Stable? Not so much.

And in the latest exercise in how would everybody react had Obama done it...

13 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

By the time Trump is done all the Inspector Generals who actually do their job will have been fired, quit or cowed into not doing their jobs.   

And the good governance Republicans remain silent.