Jump to content
toonkee

Coronavirus Politics

Recommended Posts

I'm really tired of white collar workers who are able to work from home, talking about their shared sacrifice.  While blue collar workers are either being layed off, or if they are lucky enough to work in an "essential industry" most of them are doing their gig and showing up to work every day.

My kids swim coach is out of work because the gym is closed, so she got a job as a runner at the hospital.

One of my buddies is a window manufacturers rep, he got his hours reduced, so he is working 3 days a week at Lowes now, to make up for the lost income.

Those there are my people.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

I'm really tired of white collar workers who are able to work from home, talking about their shared sacrifice.  While blue collar workers are either being layed off, or if they are lucky enough to work in an "essential industry" most of them are doing their gig and showing up to work every day.

My kids swim coach is out of work because the gym is closed, so she got a job as a runner at the hospital.

One of my buddies is a window manufacturers rep, he got his hours reduced, so he is working 3 days a week at Lowes now, to make up for the lost income.

Those there are my people.

I told my wife a few days ago we are going to give our hair stylist what we would pay for the haircuts we would normally be getting next week. Our stylist can't make an income right now.

I picked up take out food a couple of weeks ago and put extra money in the tip jar.

My grandparents were immigrants. My father taught me to always take care of those who do any work for me. I've always tried to do that.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this poll holds............the orange crap stain is toast for a 2nd term 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CPslograd said:

I'm really tired of white collar workers who are able to work from home, talking about their shared sacrifice.  While blue collar workers are either being layed off, or if they are lucky enough to work in an "essential industry" most of them are doing their gig and showing up to work every day.

My kids swim coach is out of work because the gym is closed, so she got a job as a runner at the hospital.

One of my buddies is a window manufacturers rep, he got his hours reduced, so he is working 3 days a week at Lowes now, to make up for the lost income.

Those there are my people.

but do they have to push cells around a spreadsheet with 2 pre-k girls asking for water or milk or water no milk every 2 minutes and their wife cocking an eyebrow every time they're on mwcboard while clocked in?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CPslograd said:

I'm really tired of white collar workers who are able to work from home, talking about their shared sacrifice.  While blue collar workers are either being layed off, or if they are lucky enough to work in an "essential industry" most of them are doing their gig and showing up to work every day.

My kids swim coach is out of work because the gym is closed, so she got a job as a runner at the hospital.

One of my buddies is a window manufacturers rep, he got his hours reduced, so he is working 3 days a week at Lowes now, to make up for the lost income.

Those there are my people.

Fine so what donations have you made to help in the past couple weeks? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, happycamper said:

but do they have to push cells around a spreadsheet with 2 pre-k girls asking for water or milk or water no milk every 2 minutes and their wife cocking an eyebrow every time they're on mwcboard while clocked in?

The struggle is real

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sactowndog said:

Fine so what donations have you made to help in the past couple weeks? 

I bet you get an answer that you don’t expect. @CPslogradis the real deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

I bet you get an answer that you don’t expect. @CPslogradis the real deal.

What do you think I expect?   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

What do you think I expect?   

I don’t know. That he’s not a man of good works. I may have inferred the wrong thing from what you said, but there is no poster I respect more than him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NVGiant said:

I don’t know. That he’s not a man of good works. I may have inferred the wrong thing from what you said, but there is no poster I respect more than him.

You would be wrong.  I suspect he well is a man of good works and would be a role model to say that is what I’ve done to help.   I rather here that than these are my people.  Perhaps it might inspire me to do more.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NorCalCoug said:

7A2D69F3-9C59-4498-9248-9EC06CF8674D.gif

All they are missing is the viewers on both sides throwing bottles and cans at the rowers.

  • Cheers 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump is now attacking the DHHS Inspector General. Interesting that he feels a need to mention H1N1 had 17,000 deaths after saying just last week about how he is doing on coronavirus "If we can hold that down, as we’re saying, to 100,000 … we all, together, have done a very good job,

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

Trump is now attacking the DHHS Inspector General. Interesting that he feels a need to mention H1N1 had 17,000 deaths after saying just last week about how he is doing on coronavirus "If we can hold that down, as we’re saying, to 100,000 … we all, together, have done a very good job,

 

Attack, attack, distort, lie, attack some more, and take no responsibility.

The Trump way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, FresnoFacts said:

 

 

Gotta admire Trump for two things. One, he somehow still has solid support from 40% of Americans despite his performance in office. And two, dude's got chutzpah.

On the latter point, he demonstrated in the first video that he actually doesn't know diddly squat about what medication might be given to Boris Johnson yet in the second video he berates that young reporter because she doesn't know the name of his inspector general.

Conclusion: The man's a genius politically. Stable? Not so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And in the latest exercise in how would everybody react had Obama done it...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

Trump is now attacking the DHHS Inspector General. Interesting that he feels a need to mention H1N1 had 17,000 deaths after saying just last week about how he is doing on coronavirus "If we can hold that down, as we’re saying, to 100,000 … we all, together, have done a very good job,

 

By the time Trump is done all the Inspector Generals who actually do their job will have been fired, quit or cowed into not doing their jobs.   

And the good governance Republicans remain silent.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×