Jump to content
toonkee

Coronavirus Politics

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

For some reason it won't let me. No biggie. And not repeating what you read is sound thinking.

Too many sharks in these waters....no need to chum for them.😷

 

Did you try opening in an incognito window?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

That’s pretty rich considering Governor Pritzker refused to close down bars in Chicago for St. Patrick’s Day—on March 14th, 45 days after Trump declared a national Heath Emergency and long after people started dying in America. 

Like Cuomo with the Chinese New Year, Pritzker wasn’t worried about COVID-19 until it became a political liability and also just like Cuomo, Pritzker’s reaction has been to blame it on someone who does not run the state he was elected to run and hope that his constituents aren’t up to speed on federalism and the role of a Governor within it.

Then he turned to the media to voice his displeasure at those that did go out and shut down the bars and restaurants the next weekend. 

Greatest showcase of his stupidity was blasting Trump on Twitter about the crowds of people at the airport immigration checkpoints but then refused to postpone the Illinois primaries.  Hmm, I wonder why - low voter turn out gives which party an advantage?
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

That’s pretty rich considering Governor Pritzker refused to close down bars in Chicago for St. Patrick’s Day—on March 14th, 45 days after Trump declared a national Heath Emergency and long after people started dying in America. 

Like Cuomo with the Chinese New Year, Pritzker wasn’t worried about COVID-19 until it became a political liability and also just like Cuomo, Pritzker’s reaction has been to blame it on someone who does not run the state he was elected to run and hope that his constituents aren’t up to speed on federalism and the role of a Governor within it.

So the difference you have with mysfit is that he/she believes Trump is worse than Pritzker and you believe Pritzker is as bad as or worse than Trump.  One just has to take into consideration Pritzker's allowing bars to be open on St. Pats and Trump's March 23, 2020 statement that people should go back tor work because the staying at home requirements were hurting the economy and therefore his reelection prospects. 

Federalism is the belief that a group of individuals is stronger than a group of united entities.  That is why the federalists believe that if one individual state was to fail it does not effect the other states.  The individual states have no responsibility nor should they have an interest in the well being of other states. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"The Acting Secretary of the Navy Thomas Modly blasted the now ousted commander of the USS Theodore Roosevelt as "stupid" in an address to the ship's crew Monday morning, in remarks obtained by CNN.

Modly told the crew that their former commander, Capt. Brett Crozier, was either "too naive or too stupid" to be in command or that he intentionally leaked to the media a memo in which he warned about coronavirus spreading aboard the aircraft carrier and urged action to save his sailors.
While Modly has publicly refrained from accusing Crozier of leaking the letter to the media in his address to the ship's crew, the acting secretary accused Crozier of committing a "betrayal" and creating a "big controversy" in Washington by disseminating the warning so widely.
"It was a betrayal. And I can tell you one other thing: because he did that he put it in the public's forum and it is now a big controversy in Washington, DC," Modly said, according to a transcript of remarks Modly made to the crew, copies of which have been provided to CNN by multiple Navy officials."
 
Trumps team no all in on attacking Captain Crozier.  And now that we know it comes from the top of the Trump administration we hear crickets about this topic from the usual team Trumpers: @modestobulldog @soupslam @CPslograd @Bob @Nevada Convert
 
Proving once again their is no bridge too far for this crew in supporting their fearless leader. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

"The Acting Secretary of the Navy Thomas Modly blasted the now ousted commander of the USS Theodore Roosevelt as "stupid" in an address to the ship's crew Monday morning, in remarks obtained by CNN.

Modly told the crew that their former commander, Capt. Brett Crozier, was either "too naive or too stupid" to be in command or that he intentionally leaked to the media a memo in which he warned about coronavirus spreading aboard the aircraft carrier and urged action to save his sailors.
While Modly has publicly refrained from accusing Crozier of leaking the letter to the media in his address to the ship's crew, the acting secretary accused Crozier of committing a "betrayal" and creating a "big controversy" in Washington by disseminating the warning so widely.
"It was a betrayal. And I can tell you one other thing: because he did that he put it in the public's forum and it is now a big controversy in Washington, DC," Modly said, according to a transcript of remarks Modly made to the crew, copies of which have been provided to CNN by multiple Navy officials."
 
Trumps team no all in on attacking Captain Crozier.  And now that we know it comes from the top of the Trump administration we hear crickets about this topic from the usual team Trumpers: @modestobulldog @soupslam @CPslograd @Bob @Nevada Convert
 
Proving once again their is no bridge too far for this crew in supporting their fearless leader. 

I haven't followed this, but I would think the outbreak and response / partial evacuation should have been kept secret.  Captain should not be broadcasting his ships impairment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

I haven't followed this, but I would think the outbreak and response / partial evacuation should have been kept secret.  Captain should not be broadcasting his ships impairment.

There wouldn't have been a response /partial evecuation if he didn't write the letter. That's the point. (and there isn't proof that he leaked the letter to the press, I'm fi e if he did but no proof he did at this point) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, tspoke said:

There wouldn't have been a response /partial evecuation if he didn't write the letter. That's the point. (and there isn't proof that he leaked the letter to the press, I'm fi e if he did but no proof he did at this point) 

What was the proper communication protocol? Did he deviate from that protocol?  If so, he was rightly removed from command.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

I haven't followed this, but I would think the outbreak and response / partial evacuation should have been kept secret.  Captain should not be broadcasting his ships impairment.

Check into it some more....   

They had sick crew members, sailors in tight quarters, and the captain correctly wanted to evacuate/quarantine all but a skeletal crew to maintain the ship which could be kept at a safe distance.  He was not being allowed to off-board the bulk of his crew. 

Lest you think this came from the military side they are revolting.  

When asked if Modly's personal attack on Crozier was appropriate, a senior defense official said Monday, "I don't know what to say." 

A defense official familiar with Modly's remarks offered his opinion of Modly's address, saying the acting secretary "should be fired. I don't know how he survives this day."

But Modly won't be fired by Trump because he reportedly was acting on Trump's orders and Trump's comments regarding this situation support that contention.  Basically, Trump was putting sailors lives at risk because he didn't want to put any gas on the fire he wasn't taking this virus seriously.      

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sactowndog said:

Check into it some more....   

They had sick crew members, sailors in tight quarters, and the captain correctly wanted to evacuate/quarantine all but a skeletal crew to maintain the ship which could be kept at a safe distance.  He was not being allowed to off-board the bulk of his crew. 

Lest you think this came from the military side they are revolting.  

When asked if Modly's personal attack on Crozier was appropriate, a senior defense official said Monday, "I don't know what to say." 

A defense official familiar with Modly's remarks offered his opinion of Modly's address, saying the acting secretary "should be fired. I don't know how he survives this day."

But Modly won't be fired by Trump because he reportedly was acting on Trump's orders and Trump's comments regarding this situation support that contention.  Basically, Trump was putting sailors lives at risk because he didn't want to put any gas on the fire he wasn't taking this virus seriously.      

Military discipline is paramount.  Did he follow protocol?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, modestobulldog said:

Military discipline is paramount.  Did he follow protocol?

Of course not.  Protocol would have meant leaving the men on the ship at risk from exposure to Corona Virus.   Trump as Commander in Chief had no intention of letting a large number of sailors off the ship which would have become immediately noticeable by the press.

Any excuse for your boy right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Of course not.  Protocol would have meant leaving the men on the ship at risk from exposure to Corona Virus.   Trump as Commander in Chief had no intention of letting a large number of sailors off the ship which would have become immediately noticeable by the press.

Any excuse for your boy right?

This has nothing to do with Trump.  People had to stay onboard cruise ships.  This could occur during wartime activity.  This particular ship and it's crew could have provided learning and lessons for adverse conditions when waving the white flag is the worst option.  Besides, most of the crew are young whippersnappers and would bounce back quickly.  More TDS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

This has nothing to do with Trump.  People had to stay onboard cruise ships.  This could occur during wartime activity.  This particular ship and it's crew could have provided learning and lessons for adverse conditions when waving the white flag is the worst option.  Besides, most of the crew are young whippersnappers and would bounce back quickly.  More TDS.

It's not like a cruise ship, they don't all have their own rooms they can stay on etc.  Too confined.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

This has nothing to do with Trump.  People had to stay onboard cruise ships.  This could occur during wartime activity.  This particular ship and it's crew could have provided learning and lessons for adverse conditions when waving the white flag is the worst option.  Besides, most of the crew are young whippersnappers and would bounce back quickly.  More TDS.

It's not wartime as was pointed out by the Captain.   

And before claiming is was TDS, let me just state that in wartime our armed forces put themselves in life risking situations.  They don't need their risk compounded by incompetent or amoral leaders.  I didn't vote for Hilary partly because Bengazi proved she was incompetent to be Commander in Chief.   This situation proves Trump is too amoral.  

Nevertheless, thank you for proving my point, along with the others on Team Trump, that Trump can take no action for which you all won't rationalize in some manner or another.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, mysfit said:

+++++ing small fingered vulgarian claiming ohhh too bad that governor (Illinois) didn't do so good.

He acts like he's doing a favor for stuff Americans already paid for 

He's lobbing paper towels at us

(I borrowed that one, in the interest of transparency)

Giant +++++wad

You’re ranting again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

That’s pretty rich considering Governor Pritzker refused to close down bars in Chicago for St. Patrick’s Day—on March 14th, 45 days after Trump declared a national Heath Emergency and long after people started dying in America. 

 

He did close them down for St Patricks Day,  Announced it on the 15th, effective the 16th.  Previous to that the city had already enacted a 100 person limit to establishments that serve alcohol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RSF said:

He did close them down for St Patricks Day,  Announced it on the 15th, effective the 16th.  Previous to that the city had already enacted a 100 person limit to establishments that serve alcohol.

How many bars fit that description? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

Image

Wait, are you telling me that PAT ROBERTSON never pleases his wife!?!?!?

2 hours ago, Bob said:

EU2IuJ-X0AEAsPW?format=jpg&name=small

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/federal-eye/wp/2014/10/07/a-brief-history-of-quarantines-in-the-united-states/ LOL literally during Washington's first term

27 minutes ago, Bob said:

So that's why all the models are being adjusted? lmfao. models are smart, models never make mistakes. durrrrr

that's how models work, bob. 

1 hour ago, modestobulldog said:

What was the proper communication protocol? Did he deviate from that protocol?  If so, he was rightly removed from command.

No, that isn't accurate. Your superiors doing something wrong is not cover for you to do it wrong. There's a pretty famous precedent for this. 

1 hour ago, modestobulldog said:

Military discipline is paramount.  Did he follow protocol?

No, it isn't. We pretty firmly established that about 75 years ago. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, WAC_FAN said:

It's not like a cruise ship, they don't all have their own rooms they can stay on etc.  Too confined.

No sh_t Sherlock.  I guess in conflict, we can just hang the white flag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

How many bars fit that description? 

In Chicago?  In the words of Carl Sagan 'billions and billions'.....

 

 

:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×