Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toonkee

Coronavirus Politics

4 hours ago, renoskier said:

Maybe if Trump didn't focus so much on the media and instead focused on doing his phucking job?

Especially since the outcome was a foregone conclusion.  Trump focusing on his own news clippings and ignoring the state of the country?  Say it’s not so.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

10 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

I don't really agree with that.  I have lots of GOP friends on Facebook spewing "stay in your phucking house".  And when I hopped the barricade at the lake to take a walk with my boy the others doing the same were mostly working class chicanos, who definitely tilt Democrat. And then I have my conservative customers doing whatever they can to make payroll and keep their doors open.  That's all anecdotal I know, but it just hasn't been my experience that it is a left or right issue.

2 hours ago, Los_Aztecas said:

Here is good read from The Atlantic. https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/04/republican-party-discovers-virtues-stimulus/609244/

TLDR

McConnell is soulless, but crafty.

Good read, Republicans really are souless, amoral, ideoligically flexible scum.  They love massive bailouts if it keeps them in power.  Power is all they crave.  Just dont give any stimulus while the black democrat is in power.

Posted Image

2 hours ago, Akkula said:

Good read, Republicans really are souless, amoral, ideoligically flexible scum.  They love massive bailouts if it keeps them in power.  Power is all they crave.  Just dont give any stimulus while the black democrat is in power.

Lol — yeah, a large majority of the Republicans in office are disgusting. But so are the Democrats. Anyway, continue with your teams and shit. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

18 hours ago, pokerider said:

expect Trump didn't call the virus a hoax, he said Dems were using it as their new Russia hoax.  Now don't forget how NY Health official in early Feb. out telling people it was safe to congregate and go to restaurants,  and Nancy Pelosi in San Fran telling people there the same thing.  Trump shut down flights from China very beg. of Feb. and set for anyone who had been in China last 14 days to be screened.   Why wasn't the US, including the media and everyone else looking at this more seriously before the middle of Feburary?  Oh, the impeachment was taking all the news, remember?  Yeah. 

Lot of blame to go around for both sides. Maybe rather than playing the “Yeah but the other team is worse” game, the partisan Republicans and Democrats can start looking at what needs to be improved with their own side first?

Just a suggestion that will be ignored.

29 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Lot of blame to go around for both sides. Maybe rather than playing the “Yeah but the other team is worse” game, the partisan Republicans and Democrats can start looking at what needs to be improved with their own side first?

Just a suggestion that will be ignored.

You can look back to Gates’ 2015 Ted talk (during the Obama Adminstration) that stated the US/world was not prepared for a mass epidemic.  

7 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

That whole article is anecdotal and is the author just making up the world according to his bias.  I think we have gone too far, and I will tell you that.  However, I am following the rules.  If we are going to do it, then we might as well get the most benefit for the damage we are causing. I don't know one conservative friend that thinks any different.

The fact this isn’t 100% is pretty telling.  Ultimately the spread of this virus is 100% on China and they deserve 100% of the blame for it spreading throughout the world and lying to the world about it.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Lol — yeah, a large majority of the Republicans in office are disgusting. But so are the Democrats. Anyway, continue with your teams and shit. 

Are you sure you aren't part of the media with your constant "bothsiderism" that Trump is so fond of spewing as well?  Let's just look at the facts before we start hand waving the bothsiderism

Posted Image

Just now, Akkula said:

Are you sure you aren't part of the media with your constant "bothsiderism" that Trump is so fond of spewing as well?  Let's just look at the facts before we start hand waving the bothsiderism

lol — your constant “ALL NON-COMMUNISTS ARE EVIL, GREEDY, CAPITALIST PIG LIARS WHO PREFER PROFITS OVER PEOPLE!!!!” bit is entertaining, I’ll give you that. 

8 minutes ago, mugtang said:

The fact this isn’t 100% is pretty telling.  Ultimately the spread of this virus is 100% on China and they deserve 100% of the blame for it spreading throughout the world and lying to the world about it.  

That is kind of like saying Trump is 100% to blame for the virus getting into the USA.  The fact is that this was a natural event but different countries and leaders screwed up in various ways.  The Chinese response of happy talk and coverup is not that much different than Trump's early response.  The reason people blame China is because that is where the virus originated.  That is kinda like blaming Kentucky for Crystal Meth existing.  

Posted Image

20 hours ago, pokerider said:

expect Trump didn't call the virus a hoax, he said Dems were using it as their new Russia hoax. 

Honey, I didn't call you a c**t. I said you're acting like that other c**t.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

I do not believe this was created by humans. 

China did lie but I believe ultimately  the virus would have gotten out anyway. That's just the way these things work.

One of the Final Five..........

7 minutes ago, Akkula said:

That is kinda like blaming Kentucky for Crystal Meth existing.  

Fake news. The central valley invented crystal meth.

14 minutes ago, Akkula said:

That is kind of like saying Trump is 100% to blame for the virus getting into the USA.  The fact is that this was a natural event but different countries and leaders screwed up in various ways.  The Chinese response of happy talk and coverup is not that much different than Trump's early response.  The reason people blame China is because that is where the virus originated.  That is kinda like blaming Kentucky for Crystal Meth existing.  

I blame China because they lied to the world, concealed what was happening, have lied about their numbers and have gaslighted the world.  Many of the decisions the world made was based the fake numbers the Chinese government was giving out to everybody.   I don’t blame China because the virus originated there.  I blame China because their lies have caused world wide destruction.  China tried to suppress the information and it wasn’t until their scientists broke with the CCP and alerted the world did we learn about this after it was too late.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater