Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toonkee

Coronavirus Politics

9 hours ago, Los_Aztecas said:

canada.gif

I thought The Donald was blaming China, Obama and the media.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

16 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

The Dems seeming selection of Biden will not only ensure The Donald's reelection but the death knell of the party itself.

So many young, vital, electable candidates, yet they backed Old Joe.

I'm near the end of the Boomer cohort age group. But I have been saying for months that both parties are too dominated by "old" incumbents and "old" candidates. Even my 83 year old mother is saying the same thing.

Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Reagan, Ford, Carter, etc were all of the Greatest Generation that replaced the previous generation in politics.

Time for the Boomers in both parties to relinquish to Gen X.

1 hour ago, FresnoFacts said:

I'm near the end of the Boomer cohort age group. But I have been saying for months that both parties are too dominated by "old" incumbents and "old" candidates. Even my 83 year old mother is saying the same thing.

Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Reagan, Ford, Carter, etc were all of the Greatest Generation that replaced the previous generation in politics.

Time for the Boomers in both parties to relinquish to Gen X.

There seems to have been an older prevailing belief that you need to be older, wiser, experienced to hold a public, national office.

The social media era should have totally shattered that, as there are a shit ton of idiots (either not intelligent or not wise) in both parties holding national office.   Multiple candidates seem to have early signs of dementia, including our own president.  There should literally be no reason to be voting for 70/80/post-retirement age people are Presidents.

1 hour ago, WAC_FAN said:

There seems to have been an older prevailing belief that you need to be older, wiser, experienced to hold a public, national office.

The social media era should have totally shattered that, as there are a shit ton of idiots (either not intelligent or not wise) in both parties holding national office.   Multiple candidates seem to have early signs of dementia, including our own president.  There should literally be no reason to be voting for 70/80/post-retirement age people are Presidents.

There is something to be said for some life experience and wisdom earned along the way. But at some point you let the next generation bring in new ideas and new leadership.

That is why I also said Gen X. No offense to Millennials, your leadership time will come. But Gen X has a little more experience and wisdom right now.

14 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

And since this is the political blame game thread.  If a certain party for decades was not hell bent on regulations out the ass, we would be much further along as well.  There were private sector entities wanting to get on top of this back in December that were not able to.  We could have had a million tests ready to deploy by mid January.  But hey, a certain group of politicians for decades loved them some government regulations.  

We didn’t have tests because the reagent was bad and they had no contingency plans.    The regulation crap is a smokescreen.   When the regulatory issues were resolved will still didn’t and don’t have tests. 

1 minute ago, Jackrabbit said:

So i get slammed a bit for blaming a liberal media for much of this in another thread...there by politicizing this. 

Now we have a whole thread on it and its OK.....horseshit.

We created a separate place to vent about politics so things like academic studies and news articles about rising deaths aren’t overshadowed by blowhards. Oh the humanity. :rolleyes:

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

7 minutes ago, Jackrabbit said:

So i get slammed a bit for blaming a liberal media for much of this in another thread...there by politicizing this. 

Now we have a whole thread on it and its OK.....horseshit.

The "liberal media" is certainly your whipping boy...for pretty much everything.

https://www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/guid/B7F3BDCA-FC12-4E45-A33E-227AF71BE318?__twitter_impression=true

Nikki Haley, the former governor of South Carolina and former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, resigned from the board of Boeing Corp. BA-4.1% this week, according to a Thursday filing, because of her disagreement with the aerospace company's request for a government bailout. Boeing has said that it supports at least $60 billion in aid for its industry from the federal government amid the spread of COVID-19, and admitted in its filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission that Haley "does not believe that the Company should seek support from the Federal Government, and therefore decided to resign from the Board." "While I know cash is tight, that is equally true for numerous other industries and for millions of small businesses," Haley wrote in a resignation letter dated Monday that was included with the filing. "I cannot support a move to lean on the federal government for a stimulus or bailout that prioritizes our company over others and relies on taxpayers to guarantee our financial position. I have long held strong convictions that this is not the role of government."

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

2 hours ago, sactowndog said:

We didn’t have tests because the reagent was bad and they had no contingency plans.    The regulation crap is a smokescreen.   When the regulatory issues were resolved will still didn’t and don’t have tests. 

It takes time after the regulations are repealed to ramp up production.  Not a smoke screen.  Private entities wanted to jump on this in December.

WTF is Newsom doing and where is he getting this info?

56% times 40 million is about 22 million people.  Let's say 20% show symptoms and get tested, that's 4.5 million.  If 1% of those that get tested die, that's 45,000 deaths.

Italy has 60 million people and looks like they will stay under the 100k confirmed positive tests mark as the rate of change of the spread slows.

image.png.6eeb9e04262237fe1b621ee81e06d893.png

56 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

It takes time after the regulations are repealed to ramp up production.  Not a smoke screen.  Private entities wanted to jump on this in December.

The EUA was a problem but if you don’t have the correct reagents ramping up production doesn’t matter.  

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/02/bid-rapidly-expand-coronavirus-testing-us-agency-abruptly-changes-rules

3 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

We created a separate place to vent about politics so things like academic studies and news articles about rising deaths aren’t overshadowed by blowhards. Oh the humanity. :rolleyes:

Oh the hypocrisy....this thread mostly driven by hate....academic?....thats laughable.  I guess tweets are hard evidence.