Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toonkee

Coronavirus Politics

38 minutes ago, mysfit said:

I'm putting this here because it will likely dissolve into a political discussion

https://www.aei.org/research-products/report/national-coronavirus-response-a-road-map-to-reopening/

This is where the administration is failing. Maybe you disagree with the neocons here, but at least it’s a map forward. The country needs at least the vision of a path forward, even if it’s imperfect and needs to be retooled when circumstances change. 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 minute ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

This is where the administration is failing. Maybe you disagree with the neocons here, but at least it’s a map forward. The country needs at least the vision of a path forward, even if it’s imperfect and needs to be retooled when circumstances change. 

Is it the 3 post noon beers, or is it intuition? It seems like our last 3 presidents have, uh, presided over the wrong periods. I feel like a GWB all hands on deck overwhelming response would have been exactrly what the doctor ordered for this. I feel like a vaguely center left unifier would have been great in 2000. And I feel like a "+++++ it spend the money we need and i'm a 'republican' so everyone agrees' attitude would have been better post 2008 . 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

37 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Is it the 3 post noon beers, or is it intuition? It seems like our last 3 presidents have, uh, presided over the wrong periods. I feel like a GWB all hands on deck overwhelming response would have been exactrly what the doctor ordered for this. I feel like a vaguely center left unifier would have been great in 2000. And I feel like a "+++++ it spend the money we need and i'm a 'republican' so everyone agrees' attitude would have been better post 2008 . 

It doesn’t sound that crazy. Although I think just about any serious person could be doing a better job at calming nerves than Trump right now. But alas...just remember the versions of us that do get to live in that simulation. They think they have it so good, but we have the tiger movie in this timeline.

giphy.gif

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

4 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

It's all about the ratings !!! 

I have yet to watch one of his Cvirus press conferences. I know better. Do yourself a favor, don’t watch. You can get more understandable and accurate information off the web. 

I've heard many times from Trumpers that they like him because he fights back.

But he's such a gigantic pussy. He's not mad that the media is inaccurate, he's mad because they don't fondle his balls because he had a long meeting today.  Just a spolied rich kid beotch with a victim mentality.

5 hours ago, mysfit said:

I saw an article on The Gaurdian about all of his oscillations and inconsistencies. Driven by how he's being viewed rather than having a goal and sticking to it.

A goal?  How about a ****ing plan and then execute it.  A plan is not making moves, checking the polls and stock market, then speculating something 180 degrees different. 

2 hours ago, toonkee said:

I've heard many times from Trumpers that they like him because he fights back.

But he's such a gigantic pussy. He's not mad that the media is inaccurate, he's mad because they don't fondle his balls because he had a long meeting today.  Just a spolied rich kid beotch with a victim mentality.

How do you come away from that and think “yeah, he’s really got a handle on all this.” It was the same thing when the NBC reporter asked him, “what do you say to the American people who are scared?” That’s a softball question that every president would be asked, and he couldn’t manage it. 

I’ll never understand his defenders.

Thats right....no better time to be divisive than right now. 

I will say this again....all I see here is a bitch session by a bunch of monday morning qbacks who would rather see this country fail and people suffer than have the current prez..   

No admin has ever had to deal with something like this ever.  Were they perfect at the start...no....can any politician do anything better for now...no.  HRC?

This thread shows the true meaning of TDS.  What a bunch of dumb fks.

1 hour ago, Jackrabbit said:

I will say this again....all I see here is a bitch session by a bunch of monday morning qbacks who would rather see this country fail and people suffer than have the current prez..   

No admin has ever had to deal with something like this ever.  Were they perfect at the start...no....can any politician do anything better for now...no.  HRC?

Poor Trump. He might have to lead. Not just his base, but those that disgust him too like minorities and the poor. And you’re the biggest Monday morning QB on the political board so look in the mirror hypocrite. 

2 hours ago, Jackrabbit said:

But, but, but you never call people names. Lol. 

19 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Poor Trump. He might have to lead. Not just his base, but those that disgust him too like minorities and the poor. And you’re the biggest Monday morning QB on the political board so look in the mirror hypocrite. 

Add class warfare and a personal attack...nice defense.  

1 minute ago, Jackrabbit said:

And i didnt feel bad about it....you should be ashamed of yourselves....i know some other words too.

Shame on ourselves for questioning our government?! 'Merica, am I right?

2 hours ago, Jackrabbit said:

So Trump can run his mouth all day long on TV, then get on Twitter and blame everyone else for his incompetence and you get all huffed up because 3 jagoffs on a G5 message board don't lick the rainbows coming out of Trump's ass. And we're the ones with tds?

Just now, toonkee said:

So Trump can run his mouth all day long on TV, then get on Twitter and blame everyone else for his incompetence and you get all huffed up because 3 jagoffs on a G5 message board don't lick the rainbows coming out of Trump's ass. And we're the ones with tds?

Wait, are both you and me jagoffs in this scenario? I should add that I have it on good authority that some posters don't use names around here ... so I would appreciate it if you hold yourself to that same standard. :foottap: