Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toonkee

Coronavirus Politics

On 4/19/2020 at 8:30 AM, RogueStout said:

Sheeple gonna sheeple. These protesters are drones being manipulated by political machines.

Thanks for posting this... I was looking for it after I saw it a day or so ago. I just want to repost it in case others missed it the first time.... This shows these protests aren't spontaneous grass roots protests. These are backed by political operatives(perhaps foreign operators) to divide the country more. 

16 hours ago, mugtang said:

Kinda happy to be in the professional class tbh.  Not to brag. 

I mean this is a bigger part of why our parents said "go to college" right? The lack of physical demand and overall stability of white collar jobs used to be much more advertised draws. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

20 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

I don’t think that’s a MAGA hat. It’s just red. 

No Biden supporter with an ounce of brains would wear something that could be mistaken for a MAGA cap to a public gathering.

Boom goes the dynamite.

All these protests are just a slap in the face to medical workers. They are working their asses off. Understaffed, limited protection equipment, scared to infect loved ones, etc. They need to be supported now, these are trying times for everyone.

8 minutes ago, Stealthlobo said:

All these protests are just a slap in the face to medical workers. They are working their asses off. Understaffed, limited protection equipment, scared to infect loved ones, etc. They need to be supported now, these are trying times for everyone.

These protesters aren't thinking about anyone but themselves.

One of the Final Five..........

17 hours ago, THEUniversityofNevada said:

For those who also didn't understand exactly what was going on, it was apparently this. Those two healthcare workers had been venturing into the crosswalk during red lights to protest the absence of better safety equipment for them such as more sophisticated masks. The women in the truck apparently heard about them doing so and took it upon themselves to go out there to shout their disapproval. To my knowledge the healthcare workers weren't stopping traffic nor were they advocating that whatever facility they work at be shut down and  whatever the woman riding shotgun was yelling is beyond me.

Boom goes the dynamite.

1 minute ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

Can somebody try to explain why they're carrying guns?

Toting their guns & camo seems to be a thing among the right wing ?!?!

Low self esteem?

Small Penis Syndrome & the gun mentally reinforces their shortcomings? 

Just a full on gun fetish, where their very being is defined by their guns?

Wanna be revolutionaries?

Intimidation factor ?

Couldn't cut it in the military so this is their acting out?

Makes them think they look manly?

:shrug:

20 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Toting their guns & camo seems to be a thing among the right wing ?!?!

Low self esteem?

Small Penis Syndrome & the gun mentally reinforces their shortcomings? 

Just a full on gun fetish, where their very being is defined by their guns?

Wanna be revolutionaries?

Intimidation factor ?

Couldn't cut it in the military so this is their acting out?

Makes them think they look manly?

:shrug:

IIRC, I had just started college when four students were killed at Kent State protesting the Vietnam War. Before then there had been a lot of such protests at which people had been beat up but I don't think anyone had previously been killed and the fact they were was so shocking that Neil Young wrote his song Ohio about it.

In all or most previous demonstrations order was kept by using police officers who had riot training. However, Ohio's idiot governor called out the National Guard and it was their guns which did the killing. People showing up with guns at these protests are certainly no more trained in riot control than the National Guard troops were back then so if they claim they're packing heat as a means of helping cops keep the peace, they're totally FOS.

Whatever is the case, I think your guess that I've highlighted is at least part of their motivation for doing so.

Boom goes the dynamite.

1 hour ago, Bob said:

As soon as public employees start getting laid off we'll see the country open back up real quick

Starting to see some municipality cutbacks.  I agree, that has to reach a critical mass before some governors loosen up restrictions.

https://www.dailynews.com/garcetti-urges-furloughs-for-city-employees-to-help-l-a-fend-off-attack-from-coronavirus

33 minutes ago, son of a gun said:

Facebook is free to control what people post on its own site to protect innocent people from idiots.

So if FB says you can't tell people that there will be a protest going on, your okay with that because you don't want the protest to occur and you don't want people to make their own choice on the matter.   
So you should be watching Trump then so he can tell you what you should be doing right?