Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toonkee

Coronavirus Politics

3 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Dude China was in lock down and people could not get flights out.  Exactly how was the WHO minimizing this thing.  I have messages to people in China starting in Nov.  Not to mention the US had their own intelligence data.

Nor do you or I know what the WHO was saying privately to intelligence agencies.  Yes global political statements regarding China have to be handled delicately as the NBA found out or you can end up with no data.   

Ahem

It would be another week before they changed their tune right when the CCP finally admitted what it knew for weeks. Within 12 days we have multiple confirmed cases in the US and Southern Europe was already screwed. 

It’s curious you have messages in November when the WHO didn’t make any announcement there was even possibly a problem until January 5th. Again, they have one job and yet you were apparently more on top of this than they were.

China didn’t lockdown Hubei until January 23rd. A day earlier the WHO was praising China for what a great job they’d done. But they were not doing a great job, were they. The data we got was useless and the WHO sold the world up the river to be a puppet for the CCP. 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

24 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Dude China was in lock down and people could not get flights out.  Exactly how was the WHO minimizing this thing.  I have messages to people in China starting in Nov.  Not to mention the US had their own intelligence data.

Nor do you or I know what the WHO was saying privately to intelligence agencies.  Yes global political statements regarding China have to be handled delicately as the NBA found out or you can end up with no data.   

https://www.wsj.com/articles/lost-in-beijing-the-story-of-the-who-11586365090?mod=hp_opin_pos_1

While Washington pays, Beijing works behind the scenes to influence WHO leaders. The current director-general, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, was backed strongly by the Chinese government during his campaign for the job. Mr. Tedros was a controversial pick, dogged by allegations of having covered up cholera outbreaks in his native Ethiopia, where he served as health minister (2005-12) and foreign minister (2012-16). During those years, China invested in Ethiopia and lent it billions of dollars. Shortly after winning his WHO election, Mr. Tedros traveled to Beijing and lauded the country’s health-care system: “We can all learn something from China.”

Under Mr. Tedros’s leadership, the WHO has accepted China’s falsehoods about the coronavirus and helped launder them into respectable-looking public-health assessments.

1 minute ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Ahem

It would be another week before they changed their tune right when the CCP finally admitted what it knew for weeks. Within 12 days we have multiple confirmed cases in the US and Southern Europe was already screwed. 

It’s curious you have messages in November when the WHO didn’t make any announcement there was even possibly a problem until January 5th. Again, they have one job and yet you were apparently more on top of this than they were.

China didn’t lockdown Hubei until January 23rd. A day earlier the WHO was praising China for what a great job they’d done. But they were not doing a great job, were they. The data we got was useless and the WHO sold the world up the river to be a puppet for the CCP. 

Sorry my fault.   Those messages were early January.   Just checked my WeChat log.   But, again when dealing with China you have to be sensitive.  It's like dealing with Trump.  If you piss them off you get nothing.   I have no problem blaming China but the WHO risked being kicked out completely as you well know.

1 minute ago, Joe from WY said:

The ChiCom apologists can’t be swayed by facts. What the hell is wrong with you guys! 
The Chinese should be shunned by the rest of the world for their crap.

4 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Interesting.  Thanks for the link on the Doctors links to China.  I did not have that information.   I will say that even with that context dealing with China is a huge challenge.  It seems to me the focus should be on China not on the WHO.   That is the tact taken by the Europeans and the fundamental root cause.

1 minute ago, sactowndog said:

Sorry my fault.   Those messages were early January.   Just checked my WeChat log.   But, again when dealing with China you have to be sensitive.  It's like dealing with Trump.  If you piss them off you get nothing.   I have no problem blaming China but the WHO risked being kicked out completely as you well know.

Maybe it’s China that should be kicked out of the WHO or else we shouldn’t fund them if they can’t do their job in alerting the world to a looming global catastrophe. It’s literally the only thing they’re there to do. Not to be useful idiots.

Taiwan said China was lying from the get go and acted accordingly. Maybe we should be listening to them instead of the WHO if it means being indelicate. The WHO also won’t recognize Taiwan because China said so.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

4 minutes ago, sean327 said:

The ChiCom apologists can’t be swayed by facts. What the hell is wrong with you guys! 
The Chinese should be shunned by the rest of the world for their crap.

Who is apologizing for China???   I am saying directing your ire at the WHO is missing the root cause which is China.

Maybe it’s China that should be kicked out of the WHO or else we shouldn’t fund them if they can’t do their job in alerting the world to a looming global catastrophe. It’s literally the only thing they’re there to do. Not to be useful idiots.

Taiwan said China was lying from the get go and acted accordingly. Maybe we should be listening to them instead of the WHO if it means being indelicate. The WHO also won’t recognize Taiwan because China said so.

I have no problem with that approach but since China is the source of many of these pandemics I don't know how efficient it will be.   If you want to impact China you have to do it where it matters to them which is economically.   That means you have to encourage or prohibit US companies from moving jobs overseas to save money.   

China knows Western companies will do anything legal to improve their bottom line and will continue to use that fact to their advantage

23 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

While we’re at it making a new WHO, let’s start an extra UN called something like the League of Nations who aren’t complete assholes. We can work on the name later, but China being appointed to the UN human rights council in the midst of the pandemic with a million uighurs in concentration camps is too +++++ing much.

While we’re at it making a new WHO, let’s start an extra UN called something like the League of Nations who aren’t complete assholes. We can work on the name later, but China being appointed to the UN human rights council in the kids of the pandemic with a million uighurs in concentration camps is too +++++ing much.

The Saudis were the chair of that committee once. That's about all one needs to know about how serious of an organization it is. 

All of the multilateral organizations should go through a hard review right now. 

22 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Who is apologizing for China???   I am saying directing your ire at the WHO is missing the root cause which is China.

The WHO was complicit in the Chinese lies. Why do you refuse to see that?

40 minutes ago, sean327 said:

The WHO was complicit in the Chinese lies. Why do you refuse to see that?

How much have you dealt with the Chinese?   Complicit would indicate a desire to deceive.   Held hostage is an equally viable explanation and a more likely explanation.   Lots of desire to shoot the messenger here.  

It's possible or even likely that if the WHO hadn't parroted the Chinese propaganda that they would have been kicked out of China altogether or not be given the Virus DNA structure.  Had that been the case, we would be a lot further behind then we are now.  In fact, we would have been in deep shit.   The most critical thing was getting the DNA structure and WHO accomplished that task.  If you want to blame someone, blame US companies who jump in bed with China at every opportunity.  Those actions are what gives China influence.  

4 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

How much have you dealt with the Chinese?   Complicit would indicate a desire to deceive.   Held hostage is an equally viable explanation and a more likely explanation.   Lots of desire to shoot the messenger here.  

It's possible or even likely that if the WHO hadn't parroted the Chinese propaganda that they would have been kicked out of China altogether or not be given the Virus DNA structure.  Had that been the case, we would be a lot further behind then we are now.  In fact, we would have been in deep shit.   The most critical thing was getting the DNA structure and WHO accomplished that task.  If you want to blame someone, blame US companies who jump in bed with China at every opportunity.  Those actions are what gives China influence.  

How? Largely based on following said parroting, we ended up in the mess we are in now. We are in deep shit in case you haven't noticed.

Your apologism here is deeply disturbing.  

The head of WHO is from Ethiopia.  Ethiopia is a huge recipient of China's Belt and Road initiative as well as other investments.  It is not a stretch to think that there was some arm twisting by the Chinese....being the angels that they are.

2 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Massive amounts of anti-Chinese propaganda out there these days. Breitbart reporting that people are being burned alive.

https://www.breitbart.com/asia/2020/04/07/report-wuhan-funeral-homes-burned-people-alive/

I'm sorry, but all this seems like desperate manufactured propaganda to support Trumps America-First anti-China movement.

All anyone should need to know about Breitbart is that several years ago lifelong Republican pundit Ben Shapiro decided it was such a lowlife organization that he resigned to work at a low wattage AM station in Los Angeles for a year where he shared the mic with two complete nobodies. Shapiro still has nothing good to say about what was essentially an organization run by two lowlifes themselves, Steve Bannon and Corey Lewandowski. Naturally, Trump hired both of them. And naturally, Mr. Grumpy soon thereafter fired both of them.

Boom goes the dynamite.

3 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

How? Largely based on following said parroting, we ended up in the mess we are in now. We are in deep shit in case you haven't noticed.

Your apologism here is deeply disturbing.  

Yeah and the shit would have been significantly deeper if we didn't get the DNA sequence quickly from the Chinese.  I am not in love with the WHO but some times you do what you have to do when dealing with them.   Not playing ball and not getting the DNA sequence would have killed far more people.   

1 hour ago, BYUcougfan said:

The head of WHO is from Ethiopia.  Ethiopia is a huge recipient of China's Belt and Road initiative as well as other investments.  It is not a stretch to think that there was some arm twisting by the Chinese....being the angels that they are.

Yeah I am sure their was huge amounts of arm twisting.   Again objective number 1 had to be getting the DNA sequence.   If it took the head of WHO sucking the chairman's dick so be it.