Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toonkee

Coronavirus Politics

16 hours ago, FresnoFacts said:

Gotta admire Trump for two things. One, he somehow still has solid support from 40% of Americans despite his performance in office. And two, dude's got chutzpah.

On the latter point, he demonstrated in the first video that he actually doesn't know diddly squat about what medication might be given to Boris Johnson yet in the second video he berates that young reporter because she doesn't know the name of his inspector general.

Conclusion: The man's a genius politically. Stable? Not so much.

Boom goes the dynamite.

13 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

Trump is now attacking the DHHS Inspector General. Interesting that he feels a need to mention H1N1 had 17,000 deaths after saying just last week about how he is doing on coronavirus "If we can hold that down, as we’re saying, to 100,000 … we all, together, have done a very good job,

By the time Trump is done all the Inspector Generals who actually do their job will have been fired, quit or cowed into not doing their jobs.   

And the good governance Republicans remain silent.   

2 minutes ago, retrofade said:

And now he's ousted the IG who was supposed to be overseeing the stimus distributions. How the +++++ do so many people still support this corrupt mother+++++er? 

Not to mention issue a signing statement saying he will ignore the Constitutional Duty of Congress to provide oversight of the program.   He is basically a third world dictator.  The hypocrisy of the Republican Party knows no bounds.

27 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

By the time Trump is done all the Inspector Generals who actually do their job will have been fired, quit or cowed into not doing their jobs.   

And the good governance Republicans remain silent.   

The job of an inspector general is to provide oversight and identify mismanagement, misconduct, waste, fraud, etc.

In other words an IG is supposed to identify problems and what is wrong. Then it can be corrected by leadership/management.

Trump does not like being told things are not perfect or that he (or his people) are wrong.

I don't think Trump will ever like any independent Inspector General who does their job.

A good IG will always be critical and Trump can't handle criticism.

1 hour ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

Gotta admire Trump for two things. One, he somehow still has solid support from 40% of Americans despite his performance in office. And two, dude's got chutzpah.

On the latter point, he demonstrated in the first video that he actually doesn't know diddly squat about what medication might be given to Boris Johnson yet in the second video he berates that young reporter because she doesn't know the name of his inspector general.

Conclusion: The man's a genius politically. Stable? Not so much.

It's like the gorilla at the zoo who craps in his hand and toss it at the crowd who remain there, laugh and cheer at every fling of feces that comes their way.

Cult 45 is so indoctrinated they are going nowhere ........and sadly a once proud republican party has been taken over by a new lunatic fringe called trumpsim 

22 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

It's like the gorilla at the zoo who craps in his hand and toss it at the crowd who remain there, laugh and cheer at every fling of feces that comes their way.

Cult 45 is so indoctrinated they are going nowhere ........and sadly a once proud republican party has been taken over by a new lunatic fringe called trumpsim 

I disliked Hillary so much that had Jeb Bush been the Republican nominee, I would have voted for him. However, as Rick Wilson said in Everything Trump Touches Dies, Mr. Grumpy intimidated the hell out of every Republican leader who didn't run for president so as much as they detested the guy, when push came to shove, they all got on board the Bad Ship Trump. When Trump began to lead in the polls but it was still early enough to get the party behind a non-lunatic, guys like Graham the Graham, McConnell and Scott Walker all lacked the balls to point out that the wannabe emperor didn't have any clothes.

That said, the Democratic Party was almost as bad with its annointing of Hillary to be its candidate, its caving in to political correctness and its determination to not just save the ACA from Republican gutting of it but to try to force a one size fits all national medical plan onto Dems as I then was who didn't want that.

Boom goes the dynamite.

9 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

I disliked Hillary so much that had Jeb Bush been the Republican nominee, I would have voted for him. However, as Rick Wilson said in Everything Trump Touches Dies, Mr. Grumpy intimidated the hell out of every Republican leader who didn't run for president so as much as they detested the guy, when push came to shove, they all got on board the Bad Ship Trump. When Trump began to lead in the polls but it was still early enough to get the party behind a non-lunatic, guys like Graham the Graham, McConnell and Scott Walker all lacked the balls to point out that the wannabe emperor didn't have any clothes.

That said, the Democratic Party was almost as bad with its annointing of Hillary to be its candidate, its caving in to political correctness and its determination to not just save the ACA from Republican gutting of it but to try to force a one size fits all national medical plan onto Dems as I then was who didn't want that.

After the Hillary loss to upstart Obama in 2008..........the establishment pretty much was behind Hillary in 2016 by default.............and in way early polling leading up to the 2016 Hillary was shown beating most republicans when those polls came out in 2013-14-15 ..........so on paper she looked like a pretty sure win, then the trump things came along and shook up the GOP and the "outsider" was enough to win the White House 

9 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

After the Hillary loss to upstart Obama in 2008..........the establishment pretty much was behind Hillary in 2016 by default.............and in way early polling leading up to the 2016 Hillary was shown beating most republicans when those polls came out in 2013-14-15 ..........so on paper she looked like a pretty sure win, then the trump things came along and shook up the GOP and the "outsider" was enough to win the White House 

Just because polls showed Hillary would beat any Republican candidate easily was no reason for Brazille, Wasserman-Schultz and other party leaders who were determined to have a woman elected president and for it to be Slick WIlly's wife had any business dissuading other Dems from running and manipulating the process so Bernie couldn't get the nomination. Their behind the scenes actions in favor of Hillary are almost as disgusting to me as the eunuchfication of the Republican leaders.

Both parties pretty much suck these days. Which is why I fail to understand how so many on this board can support one or the other hook, line & sinker.

Boom goes the dynamite.

3 hours ago, retrofade said:

And now he's ousted the IG who was supposed to be overseeing the stimus distributions. How the +++++ do so many people still support this corrupt mother+++++er? 

Calm down, Frances - he replaced him.  

Whelp

Firing the IG

Might as well open your pockets for trump and his nepotists to vacuum out wads of taxpayer money.

He's been a sinkhole for SS at his hotels, not to mention foreign interests. Now he and his buddies have a direct line to the money.

I wonder what McConnells cut is.

One of the Final Five..........

1 hour ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

The R's who opposed The Donald caved because of their core issues. They not only held their noses, but they also squeezed their butt cheeks when they voted for him.

Like the German Conservative leadership that thought they would be able to restrain Herr Hitler, so did the recently sidelined Moderate Conservative core of the party.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

31 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Calm down, Frances - he replaced him.  

With his Toadie.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

26 minutes ago, Bob said:

EVBX8x_WAAAle1Y?format=jpg&name=small

Chuck Schumer is not too smart

Wow — I thought that might have been photoshopped but it’s real. Lol

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

4 hours ago, retrofade said:

Hillary killed several people.

Marisa Tomei Fact GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY