Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toonkee

Coronavirus Politics

1 hour ago, NevadaFan said:

The issue I have with the way Trumptard uses media is to discount the media across the board as fake news and then to reference those same news sources when it benefits his cause. 

Go look at what "media" the trump campaign references and links to, it's all weirdo fringe propaganda outlets like breitbart, daily caller, newsmax, fox news & newsmax.......every one f those is basically an arm of the trump administration 

2 hours ago, Bob said:

OK. You wished death on someone earlier, hypocrite. 

Making a joke about an evil, racist person in power is different than what he did.

I know false equivalences are the go-to tactic for Trumpists though so do you

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

5 hours ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

No surprise here.

As Oregon shows, voting by mail increases turnout and we all think that's good.

Plus high turnout favors Republicans.

Oh wait . . .

What was actually going through Trump's head: 200_s.gif

The whole opposition to vote by mail is based on nothing real. It’s purely a tactic to keep turnout low. Oregon’s system is better by a mile than every other state. Better turnout. Less fraud. Easier for everyone to vote. Nearly impossible to hack. Having voted in Nevada and Arizona, in addition to Oregon, it is literally better in every single way than in-person voting.

6 hours ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

No surprise here.

As Oregon shows, voting by mail increases turnout and we all think that's good.

Plus high turnout favors Republicans.

Oh wait . . .

What was actually going through Trump's head: 200_s.gif

you sure know how to cheat, mr trump!

"yes, well, i'm older than you."

Seems to me there is some left right separation on this board with regard to the degree of alarmism and I can't figure why. 

Thinker righty types are all serious and resigned to the end of civil liberties and rioting and sustained depression. Lefties are posting memes and are busy yelling at Trump.

I'm relatively chill about this actually. Just taking it day by day. Might even say I enjoy getting away from the routine. I just feel it will work out somehow.

Anywhoo I'd like some intelligent postulations on the right left disconnect here if you don't mind.

Animated GIF

7 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Okay it’s hard to say that my opinion of Trump could go lower....  but if this article by the Washington Post is true then my opinion of him just sunk to a new low...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/04/04/trump-wants-him-fired-inside-ouster-capt-brett-crozier/%3foutputType=amp

I'm not a Post subscriber. Cliff Notes version, if you please?

5 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

I’m not either but I could still read it....   I would rather you try to read it first....   I’m not willing to repeat what I read...   

I’m so disgusted if true I can’t even mention to my wife.  Still processing if this shit is true....

1 minute ago, sactowndog said:

I’m not either but I could still read it....   I would rather you try to read it first....   I’m not willing to repeat what I read...   

For some reason it won't let me. No biggie. And not repeating what you read is sound thinking.

Too many sharks in these waters....no need to chum for them.😷

19 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

For some reason it won't let me. No biggie. And not repeating what you read is sound thinking.

Too many sharks in these waters....no need to chum for them.😷

Yeah it wouldn’t let me back in either.  I have copied the entire article but posting it would be a copy write violation.  I will let @mugtang decide if he wants to allow it posted or if someone not as known anti Trump as me wants to summarize it.  

1 hour ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

It’s an opinion piece about how the acting secretary of the navy decided to fire the commanding officer of the Roosevelt and how he did it against the advice of high ranking military officers.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, sactowndog said:

Okay it’s hard to say that my opinion of Trump could go lower....  but if this article by the Washington Post is true then my opinion of him just sunk to a new low...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/04/04/trump-wants-him-fired-inside-ouster-capt-brett-crozier/%3foutputType=amp

Reading that opinion piece it doesn’t sound like Trump was really involved in the decision making process.  The WH authorized the investigation but then Modly said Trump wants him fired.  But, based on the reading of piece I don’t think Trump was involved in the firing. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

5 hours ago, toonkee said:

Seems to me there is some left right separation on this board with regard to the degree of alarmism and I can't figure why. 

Thinker righty types are all serious and resigned to the end of civil liberties and rioting and sustained depression. Lefties are posting memes and are busy yelling at Trump.

I'm relatively chill about this actually. Just taking it day by day. Might even say I enjoy getting away from the routine. I just feel it will work out somehow.

Anywhoo I'd like some intelligent postulations on the right left disconnect here if you don't mind.

Animated GIF

Nothing new to add here. It’s still tribe vs tribe at least on this board. Since the majority of Americans don’t care enough to even vote, my gut tells me most Americans care little about politics, they just want this damn virus to go away and get back to living their normal life. 

3 hours ago, mugtang said:

Reading that opinion piece it doesn’t sound like Trump was really involved in the decision making process.  The WH authorized the investigation but then Modly said Trump wants him fired.  But, based on the reading of piece I don’t think Trump was involved in the firing. 

“By Wednesday, Modly told a colleague he was thinking of relieving Crozier and that Trump “wants him fired.” He was advised by several current and former colleagues, reportedly including Gilday, that such a dismissal would be unwise, and that the matter was best left to the military.”

3 hours ago, mugtang said:

“The situation became more political Wednesday afternoon, when Esper, Gilday and Gen. Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, attended the daily coronavirus briefing at the White House to join Trump in announcing an oddly timed new anti-drug offensive. The memo about the dire situation aboard the Roosevelt had already surfaced, and Gilday was asked about it in Trump’s presence.

Gilday answered that the Navy had made “great progress” and had moved more than 1,000 crew members off the ship in Guam — a number that he said would increase to 2,700 by Friday. As Gilday was explaining these protective measures, Trump interjected: “And not too many people are going to be getting off at various ports anymore. Right?” The briefing moved on.“

Given these quotes I find it hard to believe Trump wasn’t involved and was, in fact, behind the firing.  Especially given we have heard no word of support from Trump when Gallagher proved he liked to intervene in things he finds “unfair”.  

Now a quote in Politico,

“A Navy commander’s written alarms about a coronavirus outbreak aboard his aircraft carrier “looked terrible,” President Donald Trump said Saturday, as he praised military leaders who removed the USS Theodore Roosevelt’s top officer from his post.”

it’s looking more and more likely that Trump was behind the removal of Captain Crozier.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/04/04/trump-brett-crozier-letter-165020

In Trumps world, Ghallagher should be reinstated to his post and Captain Crozier should be removed from his post.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/04/03/only-official-fired-over-virus-captain-who-tried-protect-his-crew/%3foutputType=amp

It’s hard to imagine a more loathsome person inhabiting the White House.