Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

happycamper

TROLL DERBY NOMINATIONS 2020

1 hour ago, happycamper said:

nominations end wednesday. 

Let's get this going.

I'm ready to blow a gasket with no sports and everything being closed down.

Stressed Over It GIF by HULU

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

6 minutes ago, Maynard Delecto said:

Drop the "dumb act" AA.

You were one of the main actors. Dont anyone take my word for. Read the threads I linked to.

Why ? 

And why all the deep research ?

You, my friend need a different hobby.

Happy Hour Drinking GIF

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

11 minutes ago, Maynard Delecto said:

Drop the "dumb act" AA.

You were one of the main actors. Dont anyone take my word for. Read the threads I linked to.

sure - i admit you got me.  i didn't know it was all a setup.

why, tho?  why do this?

Ok, so May 16 and I'm giving it all I got, full on MELTDOWN mode. Thread upon thread, post after post. I was selling it so hard even I felt bad for all the abuse @happycamper was getting from me.

Nearly two years removed, these are the next two PMs I made that are suitable for viewing, AFAICT.

20200323_093057.png.912b7a111dbe90937c6a7f71adc41bfd.png20200323_093501.png.7203371d44f020ac80339f84a02ef44c.png

And here is the long haul truckin' thread I started a few weeks later on June 6.

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif

36 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

sure - i admit you got me.  i didn't know it was all a setup.

why, tho?  why do this?

Wrong wrong and wrong. In not out for any "gotcha" moment. The fact ppl seem to have this perception shows how effective my act was. FWIW, I take my hat off to all socks and trolls especially when I am the victim. I

23 minutes ago, Maynard Delecto said:

Wrong wrong and wrong. In not out for any "gotcha" moment. The fact ppl seem to have this perception shows how effective my act was. FWIW, I take my hat off to all socks and trolls especially when I am the victim. I

why do it?

@happycamper and @Nevada Convert have pretty good chemistry and history re: trolling. They were def'ly important elements in that derby. But, INMSHO, it wasn't as ADDING to the dynamic as much as my angle was. And that's important when so many long timers were complaining the TD was a boring same ole same ole parody of itself.

HC  and NC were rehashing the same events from ten years ago, whereas mine was something different.  Not necessarily better or worse, because the historical gags are popular for a reason, just different. 

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When the troll derby gives you HC and NC, make a thread about "The Truth about Happycamper" which contains PROOF that convert is actually happy's sock. So I did that on finals Sunday. That thread isnt visible bc of bans, but Here is PM from day before:

20200323_102507.png.2427b2e5b1872666b0a76e13e1ad2e06.png

@SleepingGiantFan, I've always appreciated your contributions to the board. You're a Southern California guy who breaks the mold of the overmedicated under inspired SoCal dude stereotype. You can sually be counted for that stinging comeback, or low blow when need be. If only a few more SUDS dudes weren't "too cool to care", the board would be a lot more fun for all us CSU system ppl.

But I have to say i don't remember you carrying your weight in the last derby #ohwhatcouldhavebeen

And your two "pea6" schools dig may end up being very prophetic.

Ole kuz did attend one P5 school. And if SJS continues its current facilities renaissance, it's only a question of when and not if the P5s will be looking to get in on that Silicon Valley action.

On 3/18/2020 at 10:16 AM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I think troll derby needs to be in the thread title somewhere.

I second all the above nominations.

I will nominate (or second if they were nominated and I missed it)

@Rocket for being undefeated in every flight and never once having told a lie.  At least I think that is what he said.  He is always so sloshed it leaves a lot to the readers interpretation.

@madmartigan and @AndroidAggie for their massive packages they flaunt all over the place.

@TheTedfordTrain for his disappearing act.

@LaradiseCowboy 

@SleepingGiantFan for his bizzare takes that are pretty moderate when looked at as a whole but would just destroy the country.

Oh wnd I remembered the name of the boise fan who played make believe sources.  @Ibanez.  That was a good troll.  

Thanks for the nomination with no explanation...although I completely understand.
I haven’t provided much content to support it! Life has been busy with work, a new house, and a baby boy on the way!

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

22 hours ago, AndroidAggie said:

why do it?

Words mean things - Troll:

"Someone who deliberatly pisses people off online to get a reaction"

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Troll

The before and after reactions to that troll derby answer "why?"

Before, all the old timey trolling experts like @slappy@halfmanhalfbronco and bluetools were bemoaning the fact there weren't any good trolls any more, and the troll derby was a joke and should be done away with.

The 2018 Troll Derby changed those opinions:

Screenshot_20200319-150214_Chrome.jpg.e3d1ce24d81a524e7de08a75f529278d.jpg

Those "melts" were in large part mine. You could imagine the spittle flying through my gnashing teeth as i hacked away the keyboard, and could picture me smashing my internet connected device to bits in anger, that's how pissed I seemed. You wouldn't have been offering me your counseling services if you hadn't bought in.

So why? Fun, why else? I helped take something that was becoming very unfunny and unenjoyable become fun and entertaining again. Anything wrong with that? 

1 minute ago, Maynard Delecto said:

Before, all the old timey trolling experts like @slappy@halfmanhalfbronco and bluetools were bemoaning the fact there weren't any good trolls any more, and the troll derby was a joke and should be done away with.

Those "melts" were in large part mine. You could imagine the spittle flying through my gnashing teeth as i hacked away the keyboard, and could picture me smashing my internet connected device to bits in anger, that's how pissed I seemed. You wouldn't have been offering me your counseling services if you hadn't bought in.

So why? Fun, why else? I helped take something that was becoming very unfunny and unenjoyable become fun and intersting again. Anything wrong with that? 

i think it'd be cool only if _everyone_ was in on the joke.  but even after all these screenshots i'm just not really convinced you masterminded and pre-planned getting other people worked up.  i am concerned there's a disconnect between how you perceive your actions and and the common greater perception.  that's just me tho.

@AndroidAggie "mastermind" is your word, not mine. I'm just a troll, and pretty good one if you admit to having concerns about my trolling.

And if everyone was required to be in on every joke, then it would be the Inside Joke Derby, not a troll derby. One could argue that EVERYDAY is the inside joke derby on the MWCBOARD. But it takes a lot more than just camaro references to be a complete troll.

1 hour ago, Maynard Delecto said:

So why? Fun, why else? I helped take something that was becoming very unfunny and unenjoyable become fun and entertaining again. Anything wrong with that? 

Please dont ever lump me together with that drug dealer halfman.  Guy is a small time drug pusher that thinks it is ok to hook kids on that crap. 

On 3/17/2020 at 6:12 AM, Jeffkills said:

No photo description available.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard.