Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

happycamper

TROLL DERBY NOMINATIONS 2020

1 minute ago, smltwnrckr said:

Some would call it a fitting way to send the master berserker to Valhalla.

FWIW this is far from the first time he's been banned. It's just the first time he agreed with it. He did start out as just "bluerules" after all. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

14 minutes ago, happycamper said:

FWIW this is far from the first time he's been banned. It's just the first time he agreed with it. He did start out as just "bluerules" after all. 

I prefer my version.

tenor.gif?itemid=10597613

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

Just now, Wyobraska said:

There isn't even close to 64 people who should be included in this field 

maybe. This year at least. In past years there have been. Traffic in this thread seems low

@Brew_Poke you wanna nominate anyone?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

2 hours ago, Maynard Delecto said:

you can stop frontin' 

The '18 Derby was all mine and you damn well know it. If you weren't being such a smarmy azz, I wouldn't have had to spice it up by going kayfabe.

Screenshot_20200319-135746_Chrome.jpg.2bd7622d8910301fdcab28eeb5dee07f.jpg

Background: bluetools and some other longtime board members had been giving happy a hard time about the '18 derby and how it was the 'bunny hugger" derby consisting of effemminate city slickers and johnny come latelys.

Had I not said another word, I would have won the td going away. But BT et al did have a point. Happy was using the td to promote himself as some kind of puppet sock master, and it was pretty boring. Personally, I the td is to me what the d-league is to MJ. I rather throw it away having a blast than win a snoozefest

Here is the screenshot of a pm to a prominent MWCBOARDer  about my plan

458725664_Screenshot2018-06-0218_15_53.png.ae06ba4f102593ce4e09b58441112d3d.png

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif

20 hours ago, AndroidAggie said:

My Grandfather smoked his whole life. I was about 10 years old when my mother said to him, 'If you ever want to see your grandchildren graduate, you have to stop immediately.'. Tears welled up in his eyes when he realized what exactly was at stake. He gave it up immediately. Three years later he died of lung cancer. It was really sad and destroyed me. My mother said to me- 'Don't ever smoke. Please don't put your family through what your Grandfather put us through." I agreed. At 28, I have never touched a cigarette. I must say, I feel a very slight sense of regret for never having done it, because your post gave me cancer anyway.

I used to smoke about a cigar every other month until my father-in-law died of lung cancer. Mrs. SGF then made me promise not to touch those things again.

My condolences about your grandfather. Watching people you care about die from lung cancer isn't a pretty sight.

Boom goes the dynamite.

13 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

I used to smoke about a cigar every other month until my father-in-law died of lung cancer. Mrs. SGF then made me promise not to touch those things again.

My condolences about your grandfather. Watching people you care about die from lung cancer isn't a pretty sight.

Oh, sorry brother. What I wrote is called 'copypasta' which is a play on 'copy/paste' 

Total fabrication. Meme. 

29 minutes ago, Maynard Delecto said:

Background: bluetools and some other longtime board members had been giving happy a hard time about the '18 derby and how it was the 'bunny hugger" derby consisting of effemminate city slickers and johnny come latelys.

Had I not said another word, I would have won the td going away. But BT et al did have a point. Happy was using the td to promote himself as some kind of puppet sock master, and it was pretty boring. Personally, I the td is to me what the d-league is to MJ. I rather throw it away having a blast than win a snoozefest

Here is the screenshot of a pm to a prominent MWCBOARDer  about my plan

458725664_Screenshot2018-06-0218_15_53.png.ae06ba4f102593ce4e09b58441112d3d.png

Is this all? 

2 hours ago, happycamper said:

maybe. This year at least. In past years there have been. Traffic in this thread seems low

@Brew_Poke you wanna nominate anyone?

As I am morally and intellectually superior to everyone on this board, I am not sure how these troll derby threads work. Any of you plebes want to explain it to me?

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

Just now, smltwnrckr said:

As I am morally and intellectually superior to everyone on this board, I am not sure how these troll derby threads work. Any of you plebes want to explain it to me?

1. nomination thread. Here. Everyone nominated goes in; seeding is based on number of nominations and my own biased judgement.

2. derby. It's more like "May madness"; I seed each derby 1-16 in 4 regions (if we have enough, I mess with the bracket to make it work). I try to make unfair and stupid matchups, for example, I always put every UNLV fan in the same bracket because UNLV cannot do well in the tourney. 

3. Votr! Each quad gets a vote, traditionally for a 48 hour period (mirroring the 2 day schedule of the first few rounds of the tourney). E8 and further get more time. 

16 minutes ago, happycamper said:

1. nomination thread. Here. Everyone nominated goes in; seeding is based on number of nominations and my own biased judgement.

2. derby. It's more like "May madness"; I seed each derby 1-16 in 4 regions (if we have enough, I mess with the bracket to make it work). I try to make unfair and stupid matchups, for example, I always put every UNLV fan in the same bracket because UNLV cannot do well in the tourney. 

3. Votr! Each quad gets a vote, traditionally for a 48 hour period (mirroring the 2 day schedule of the first few rounds of the tourney). E8 and further get more time. 

Does this late jostling work? Like if I were to tell you that you look like a penis with a little hat on, would it help my seeding?

Does this late jostling work? Like if I were to tell you that you look like a penis with a little hat on, would it help my seeding?

buddy that ship has sailed. you have been putting in such quality, levelheaded posting for so long that you are a play in candidate at best. 

@Wyovanian is always a master at trolling in my eyes. Nominated yet?

Just now, happycamper said:

buddy that ship has sailed. you have been putting in such quality, levelheaded posting for so long that you are a play in candidate at best. 

I should have dusted off @Ishmael a few months ago and made a run. I could a been a giant killer.

I should have dusted off @Ishmael a few months ago and made a run. I could a been a giant killer.

I could pit you against lawlor or android in a play in to give you a shot

On 3/17/2020 at 11:15 AM, happycamper said:

@Bob because he admits a good point when he sees one. What kid of hellish long term play are you angling at, @Bob? that shit is unnatural 

@Bob is the best poster here. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.