1/3 cup mayonnaise 

1/3 cup ketchup 

1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder

1 teaspoon garlic salt

Culinary perfection.

Savages!

• Angry 1

Kettle Chips and French Onion Dip made from scratch:

I chopped up eight yellow onions into rings and rendered them down until they looked like applesauce (took almost an hour!). For one part of the cooked down onions I put two parts mayo and three parts sour cream, and some seasoning

grade = A++++++++++++

20200519_130204.jpg.18374a38e5d179cf2ce8f62157a1dafc.jpg 

N3xt i want to get a deep fat fryer so i can make my own chips, fries, chicken and twinkies of course!

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif

Anyone have any creative ideas for wild artichoke? We have about two dozen of them growing feral in an orchard and are going to harvest a bunch of bulbs today. I know they're edible and tasty, but that's all I got. :shrug:

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

1 hour ago, Jackrabbit said:

2 oz Jamison

1 large ice cube

1 instant smile.

39 minutes ago, Stealthlobo said:

Ftfy :D

Ha. I've been on a bourbon kick for the last few months now.

Here's my centerfold-quality tits tamarind whiskey sour:

IMG-1272-TWS.jpg

1 oz Tamarind syrup (1:1)

3/4 oz. homemade ginger turbinado simple syrup

1 1/2 oz. Woodford Reserve (substitute with your choice bourbon or Irish whiskey)

1 oz. freshly squeezed yard-to-table lemon juice

1/2 oz. aquafaba (optional; missing in above photo)

Garnish with 1 Italian wild Amarena cherry, 1 half-wheel cara cara orange, and a righteous f*cking cigar

• Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Ha. I've been on a bourbon kick for the last few months now.

Here's my centerfold-quality tits tamarind whiskey sour:

IMG-1272-TWS.jpg

1 oz Tamarind syrup (1:1)

3/4 oz. homemade ginger turbinado simple syrup

1 1/2 oz. Woodford Reserve (substitute with your choice bourbon or Irish whiskey)

1 oz. freshly squeezed yard-to-table lemon juice

1/2 oz. aquafaba (optional; missing in above photo)

Garnish with 1 Italian wild Amarena cherry, 1 half-wheel cara cara orange, and a righteous f*cking cigar

Thats some fancy scotch...i do like those but if you drink your favorite everyday ...it wont be your fav very long.  My tastes are very simple anyway

Woodford is a great whisky too.  Another one of my go too's is Eagle Rare.

My dad smoked dog turds ....hated them then and ....i still cant stand to be around cigar smoke.  Mom smoked  cigs too so I figure I smoked enough in my lifetime.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jackrabbit said:

Thats some fancy scotch...i do like those but if you drink your favorite everyday ...it wont be your fav very long.  My tastes are very simple anyway

Woodford is a great whisky too.  Another one of my go too's is Eagle Rare.

My dad smoked dog turds ....hated them then and ....i still cant stand to be around cigar smoke.  Mom smoked  cigs too so I figure I smoked enough in my lifetime.

That's my general go-too as well. But when it was discovered my wife likes whiskey sours, it started disappearing all-too quickly from the cabinet, and as I've noticed it's gone up in price by 50ish% over the last 6 months or so, we picked up a 1.75L bottle of WR at Costco just to make these.

Anyway, deep diving into quality cocktails has been a luxury of the extra bandwidth I have these days. It began with perfecting the Old Fashioned, which pairs great with a cigar. Moved to martinis. But these are the new mai tai for me. 

16 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

That's my general go-too as well. But when it was discovered my wife likes whiskey sours, it started disappearing all-too quickly from the cabinet, and as I've noticed it's gone up in price by 50ish% over the last 6 months or so, we picked up a 1.75L bottle of WR at Costco just to make these.

Anyway, deep diving into quality cocktails has been a luxury of the extra bandwidth I have these days. It began with perfecting the Old Fashioned, which pairs great with a cigar. Moved to martinis. But these are the new mai tai for me. 

Your liquor cabinet would be more interesting than ours: gin tonics, good stock of wines, merlots, cabernets, sturdy reds.  Bacardi frozen drink mixes, pinacoladas are standard fair.   We could branch out a bit more.

4 hours ago, Jackrabbit said:

Your liquor cabinet would be more interesting than ours: gin tonics, good stock of wines, merlots, cabernets, sturdy reds.  Bacardi frozen drink mixes, pinacoladas are standard fair.   We could branch out a bit more.

We still have 50ish bottles laying down, split about evenly between Bordeaux and California cabs and merlots with the random straggler in there. There are two liquor cabinets; the first is the general purpose cabinet with something for everyone. Then there's my sin cabinet, which holds my best scotch and bourbon as well as a couple outliers. 

30 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

We still have 50ish bottles laying down, split about evenly Bordeaux and California cabs and merlots with the random straggler in there. There are two liquor cabinets; the first is the general purpose cabinet with something for everyone. Then there's my sin cabinet, which holds my best scotch and bourbon as well as a couple outliers. 

LOL...behind the hidden door.

• Like 1

It was about 200 degrees at The Maynard Brand's world HQ yesterday so i chose the environmentally sustainable option offered by Jack in the Box on Bernal Rd SSJ,  hold applause till end p10x

Triple Bacon Cheeseburger 

Curly Fries with teriyaki 

Sprite ez ice

Grade = A, really good deal20200527_173503.jpg.21c095da02250c59d4bbf8eeeafe4140.jpg

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif

On 5/26/2020 at 12:25 PM, TheSanDiegan said:

Anyone have any creative ideas for wild artichoke? We have about two dozen of them growing feral in an orchard and are going to harvest a bunch of bulbs today. I know they're edible and tasty, but that's all I got. :shrug:

So we cut about a dozen bulbs and cut the hearts out of them.

Pan-seared pork chops with honey lime rosemary glaze, served with oven-baked wild artichoke hearts dredged through garlic butter and coated in a parmesan crumb:

Chops-IMG-1309.jpg

Rosemary and artichokes yard-to-table, with locally (neighborhood) sourced honey and lime.

One of the real pleasures resulting from this new normal has been our reassertion of self-reliance in some small way, shape, or form. In the instance of our home, my wife and I are taking care of the productive flora we have and with our renewed appreciation I've become increasingly reliant on using as many of our own indigenous and homegrown ingredients as possible. Not only does it fulfill that psychological desire to cull dependencies in uncertain times, but I've found deep satisfaction in bringing a real sense of our home to the table, a true terroir. 

Yesterday, I wanted to incorporate wild mountain sage, of which we have a couple patches on our property, so I made brown butter sage chicken and panfried green tomatoes served with Sriracha (homemade) mayo. One of our wild sage patches:

IMG-1422-600.jpg

Our own yard-to-table ingredients - wild mountain sage, feral rosemary, Myers lemon and green heirloom beefsteak tomatoes:

IMG-1426-600.jpg

And the finished product:

IMG-1428-600.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

One of the real pleasures resulting from this new normal has been our reassertion of self-reliance in some small way, shape, or form. In the instance of our home, my wife and I are taking care of the productive flora we have and with our renewed appreciation I've become increasingly reliant on using as many of our own indigenous and homegrown ingredients as possible. Not only does it fulfill that psychological desire to cull dependencies in uncertain times, but I've found deep satisfaction in bringing a real sense of our home to the table, a true terroir. 

Yesterday, I wanted to incorporate wild mountain sage, of which we have a couple patches on our property, so I made brown butter sage chicken and panfried green tomatoes served with Sriracha (homemade) mayo. One of our wild sage patches:

IMG-1422-600.jpg

Our own yard-to-table ingredients - wild mountain sage, feral rosemary, Myers lemon and green heirloom beefsteak tomatoes:

IMG-1426-600.jpg

And the finished product:

IMG-1428-600.jpg

That sounds amazing

• Cheers 1

2 cups of all-purpose flour, add a teaspoon of yeast, throw on some shit you grew yourself and prepare to f*cking feast.

IMG-1465-800.jpg

IMG-1466-800.jpg

IMG-1472-800.jpg

Margherita pizza made from scratch topped with three varieties of yard-to-table tomatoes and yard-to-table large-leaf basil.

• Like 1