Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fbpack

christian wood Unlv Coronavirus

3 minutes ago, quickdraw said:

Based on age and physical condition I doubt he’ll feel very much at at. Good health Chris

Yet we are letting this stupid virus crash our economy.

ONLY about 1 in 49,000 people in the world have gotten it based on published stats.

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

So stupid.  He doesn’t even have any symptoms.  You probably are the type who buys all the toilet paper, leaving others to wipe with their bare hand.

Take your meds.

There’s no question the death rates they’re claiming are a joke. Some places they say it’s 10 times that of the normal flu. In South Korea it was barely the same as regular flu there, and in Italy it was quite high because they have an old population. 

But here’s why the death rate is a joke. They’re using confirmed cases divided by number of deaths. What about all the people out there that have it but will never show any symptoms or very little? They’ll never be counted as a ‘confirmed case’. Then for those that were never tested until they died, then they’ll become a death. But there’s going to be tens of millions of people that get it but are never documented as such, nor will they ever be used in the death rate calculation. 

kat.jpg

4 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

There’s no question the death rates they’re claiming are a joke. Some places they say it’s 10 times that of the normal flu. In South Korea it was barely the same as regular flu there, and in Italy it was quite high because they have an old population. 

But here’s why the death rate is a joke. They’re using confirmed cases divided by number of deaths. What about all the people out there that have it but will never show any symptoms or very little? They’ll never be counted as a ‘confirmed case’. Then for those that were never tested until they died, then they’ll become a death. But there’s going to be tens of millions of people that get it but are never documented as such, nor will they ever be used in the death rate calculation. 

Just as with the flu many people never get any treatment and thus there is no way to be 100% certain as to how many total cases their are. I am sure there will eventually be better models to estimate how many people get the dx and never get treatment/tested. Then we can have a better idea of the actually mortality rate.  Countries that are testing more widespread (like South Korea) will help us get a truer sense.

Honestly to me it seems like in the USA the only people getting tested right now are the rich and famous and already severely ill (ie people the need to be admitted to the hospital).  So yes the mortality rate is going to be scary if it is only based off of people needed to be admitted. Hell the mortality rate of just the basic flu would also be scary if you just at people that need admission to the hospital. 

But I still think it is safe to say this is more deadly than the standard flu, if you are elderly/have more comorbidities it can get bad, and this is obviously a novel virus so it is gonna be a little bit harder for our bodies to respond to it compared to something they have already been exposed to.   

On a positive note, this is good pub for Wood. I honestly had no idea that Wood was in the league. I assumed he had flamed out at every level and was probably reliving his former glory with fellow bball players as they all sold cars together at Findlay Toyota.

19 minutes ago, TrueAg said:

On a positive note, this is good pub for Wood. I honestly had no idea that Wood was in the league. I assumed he had flamed out at every level and was probably reliving his former glory with fellow bball players as they all sold cars together at Findlay Toyota.

He actually had an excellent year. Outside of Leonard and George he might be the best MW alumni in the NBA this year.

32 minutes ago, TrueAg said:

In Feb/Mar he was on fire.  Averaging about 23 pts, 9 rebs while shooting 57% FG and 41% from 3.

Pistons were only 3-13 in those months, but Wood was playing great.