Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

MWCBoard Support Thread

@bornontheblue gave me this idea in the sports forum.

But if you need help and you’re in one of the high risk categories post it here and maybe somebody from the board can help you out by picking up groceries or something so you don’t have to risk going out.  We’re all a dysfunctional family here and need to help each other out if we can. 

So if you’re in the Reno/Sparks/Carson City area and are considered high risk for complications with the corona virus feel free to PM me and I will do what I can to pick up groceries or Household supplies for you so you don’t have to go out. 

Stay safe everybody and make sure you check in on the board as often as possible (since most of you are working from home) so I know you’re ok. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

29 minutes ago, mugtang said:

But if you need help and you’re in one of the high risk categories post it here and maybe somebody from the board can help you out by picking up groceries or something so you don’t have to risk going out.  We’re all a dysfunctional family here and need to help each other out if we can. 

So if you’re in the Reno/Sparks/Carson City area and are considered high risk for complications with the corona virus feel free to PM me and I will do what I can to pick up groceries or Household supplies for you so you don’t have to go out. 

Stay safe everybody and make sure you check in on the board as often as possible (since most of you are working from home) so I know you’re ok. 

That's very noble of you, Mugtang.  However, how is the deliverer protected if the recipient is high risk? 

5 minutes ago, aztech said:

That's very noble of you, Mugtang.  However, how is the deliverer protected if the recipient is high risk? 

If the recipient is holed up in their home they are probably fine to have brief contact with. If somebody needs help, those of us who are able and willing to help should. 

24 minutes ago, aztech said:

I would leave them on their doorstep, they can pay me via PayPal or Venmo or whatever and they can bring them in on their own time. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Albertsons in Boise has online ordering and delivery service for groceries or you can pick them up yourself so the only contact is the guy who brings them out to your car. I suspect most grocery stores in a sizable city have the same service. It’s a great service that saves the hassle of in store grocery shopping. My wife and I use it all the time. 

8 hours ago, aztech said:

There are two “magic numbers” for the virus: 6 feet, and 15 minutes of close contact.  So you could be standing on opposite sides of a door threshold for long enough for the payment to be made and there’s still minimal risk.  Basically none if done through a closed or screen door.

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg

15 hours ago, mugtang said:

I would leave them on their doorstep, they can pay me via PayPal or Venmo or whatever and they can bring them in on their own time. 

Every now and then I buy or sell something in an online yard sale. I’ve just left the stuff on my front porch and they leave the money under the door mat. It was mostly just a timing thing, but it could certainly be used for a situation like this. 

On 3/13/2020 at 6:25 PM, mugtang said:

To piggy back off of this...  Times like these can also be exceptionally difficult for those with any degree of depression, anxiety, PTSD, mental illness or addiction struggles. A large number of people aren’t going to be able to attend therapy, support groups, etc. 

I had been thinking of this side of things after Kevin Love’s comments about it, then today got news that a longtime friend has passed, likely from suicide.  

Take some time to think of people in your life who may need that one extra call/text/funny gif right now. For anyone here struggling with the mental health side of this pandemic, please remember there are 24/7 crisis lines available. 

27 minutes ago, Mad_Hatter said:

To piggy back off of this...  Times like these can also be exceptionally difficult for those with any degree of depression, anxiety, PTSD, mental illness or addiction struggles. A large number of people aren’t going to be able to attend therapy, support groups, etc. 

I had been thinking of this side of things after Kevin Love’s comments about it, then today got news that a longtime friend has passed, likely from suicide.  

Take some time to think of people in your life who may need that one extra call/text/funny gif right now. For anyone here struggling with the mental health side of this pandemic, please remember there are 24/7 crisis lines available. 

Good point.  Times like this exacerbate many neuroticisms.  (Note: that’s not a commentary on any conditions.  I refer to the psychology term.)

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg

23 hours ago, akbballfan said:

Bettles Alaska. 

Go out and be a man and get your own damn food.

Shoot a moose. 

Thanks.  I just left the zoo.

In handcuffs.  Way to go.