Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ph90702

MW Basketball Transfers

8 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Did you fall asleep during Rice’s tenure?  He landed a McDonald’s All-American in every recruiting class he had.

UNLV transcends conference and carries a lot of weight.

Our fan base has a low self-esteem.

You guys always got the selfish ones who were all about showcasing their individual talent and probably chose UNLV because they knew they could walk all over Rice.  Those recruits didn't amount to shit for you guys.  

The quality McD AAs go to the elite programs.  

On 3/27/2020 at 1:21 PM, ph90702 said:

Did you fall asleep during Rice’s tenure?  He landed a McDonald’s All-American in every recruiting class he had.

UNLV transcends conference and carries a lot of weight.

Our fan base has a low self-esteem.

Listen, this has nothing to do with our reputation or UNLV in general.  This has completely to do with Coach Otz.  He is a lot like Lon Kruger.  Blue collar, has a system, will recruit players to fit into that system.  It will take a special type of high level player to play for him.  Most of those McDonald AA's while being good players, would not fit well with Otz.  Not saying he won't be able to snag one here or there, but much like Kruger, our recruiting classes will be based on getting the best overall system players than just getting the highest rated players we can.  I, for one, am glad to see this type of recruiting return.  I'm over being off season champs.  

6 hours ago, Poster17 said:

Listen, this has nothing to do with our reputation or UNLV in general.  This has completely to do with Coach Otz.  He is a lot like Lon Kruger.  Blue collar, has a system, will recruit players to fit into that system.  It will take a special type of high level player to play for him.  Most of those McDonald AA's while being good players, would not fit well with Otz.  Not saying he won't be able to snag one here or there, but much like Kruger, our recruiting classes will be based on getting the best overall system players than just getting the highest rated players we can.  I, for one, am glad to see this type of recruiting return.  I'm over being off season champs.  

My end goal is to win another NCAA Tournament.  If he can develop recruits into NBA players who were not thought of as such coming out of high school, then that’s great.

In addition, there are plenty of high level players who would fit his system.

15 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Paul Weir has to turn over the roster.  Unfortunately, the pandemic makes it A LOT harder.

Yeah it appears New Mexico will be in the market for a new coach soon. 4 years without winning twenty games won’t cut it at UNM. I really hope they can find someone to build the program.

2 hours ago, Lobonado said:

And Vance Jackson is going to Arkansas to play for Musselman.

Kind of ironic considering Weir was really trying to replicate Musselman's model. Arkansas looks like they should be really good next year.

6 hours ago, dshawfan said:

That's a huge get for them. They desperately needed some size. I don't think he'll start over Mensah, but he should give quality minutes. 

5 hours ago, jdw said:

Carolina PG transferring to UNM. Question is, will his knees hold up? Worthwhile gamble.

https://www.abqjournal.com/1453228/former-unc-tar-heel-announces-transfer-to-lobos.html

Seems like a lot of MW schools now following the Musselman plan of building a roster through transfers. 

43 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Seems like a lot of MW schools now following the Musselman plan of building a roster through transfers. 

And it’s NOT working for them.  What a shocker!!!