Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ph90702

MW Basketball Transfers

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

Why is it that no matter who is the HC at UNLV, the offseason is always a mass exodus?

That wasn’t true under Marvin Menzies.  Also, Otzelberger is getting rid of guys who don’t fit.

5 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

That wasn’t true under Marvin Menzies.  Also, Otzelberger is getting rid of guys who don’t fit.

Your memory of the past is just as bad as your predictions of the future. His 2nd season he had his two best players leave early. Both his recruits, btw.

4 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

That's too bad. He would have seen zero playing time next season, but he is a long guy with shooting range. It would have been good to see him develop. I think he could have been a solid bench guy in a couple years.

5 hours ago, sdsuphilip4 said:

Nevada got Grant Sheffield from Wichita State 

Great get by Alford, I think most Nevada fans were hoping for a grad transfer but you can't turn down someone as talented as Sheffield.

8 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Why is it that no matter who is the HC at UNLV, the offseason is always a mass exodus?

Otz is getting rid of him.  He doesn't fit the system.  Nobody would leave the Rebs on their own.  This is a different regime. 

25 minutes ago, packNV said:

Otz is getting rid of him.  He doesn't fit the system.  Nobody would leave the Rebs on their own.  This is a different regime. 

Wow that was impressive, I figured it was ph until I looked at the username hahah.

47 minutes ago, packNV said:

I trust what Otzelberger is doing.  He got us in the top 100 of KenPom with a win over San Diego State despite having a roster he didn’t want.

1 hour ago, packNV said:

I was just pointing out the whoever the coach is, there always seems to be a mass exodus at UNLV 

33 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Thats too bad, he would have had a pretty instant impact. I wonder what happened? Must have been serious to waste another year of eligibility...

16 hours ago, bigd said:

Thats too bad, he would have had a pretty instant impact. I wonder what happened? Must have been serious to waste another year of eligibility...

Very good athlete but a bit of a misfit for Medved’s system. He’s very ball-centric and a less than average perimeter shooter.  CSU’s system is based on sharing the ball and strong perimeter shooting.  PJ Byrd, Ignas Sargiunas (transfer from Georgia), and incoming frosh Isaiah Rivera are considered better fits. 

Word is that Kirk is working hard to finish his degree by the end of the summer so that he can be eligible immediately.  NCAA could do a one-time waiver as well and CSU would probably support him for an immediate waiver anyway.

Hardy leaving UNLV is not a real surprise with the addition of Jenkins.  Don't like to see him leave, but if you have to choose between Jenkins and Hardy, you take Jenkins if your Otz.  No brainer there.  I do look for Hardy to land at a big program as his little bro is a very high level recruit.  Teams will pick him up in order to sway his bro to commit to them.  UNLV never had a real chance at little bro.  Too good for us at this point.  

3 hours ago, Poster17 said:

Hardy leaving UNLV is not a real surprise with the addition of Jenkins.  Don't like to see him leave, but if you have to choose between Jenkins and Hardy, you take Jenkins if your Otz.  No brainer there.  I do look for Hardy to land at a big program as his little bro is a very high level recruit.  Teams will pick him up in order to sway his bro to commit to them.  UNLV never had a real chance at little bro.  Too good for us at this point.  

Did you fall asleep during Rice’s tenure?  He landed a McDonald’s All-American in every recruiting class he had.

UNLV transcends conference and carries a lot of weight.

Our fan base has a low self-esteem.

On 3/14/2020 at 10:41 AM, ph90702 said:

There’s a reason why BYU and Utah State don’t post birthdates. 😂 

Just think how much they save not having to go to Whore Houses.