Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ph90702

MW Basketball Transfers

17 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

Certainly not a surprise given his connection to the previous regime.  Do think he could have turned into a good role player, glue guy.  Seemed willing to do some of the not so glorious things (rebound, defend) that teams need to be successful.

1 hour ago, Ernie Baer said:

Certainly not a surprise given his connection to the previous regime.  Do think he could have turned into a good role player, glue guy.  Seemed willing to do some of the not so glorious things (rebound, defend) that teams need to be successful.

Definitely. I have mixed feelings about seeing him go, I thought his defense was actually pretty dang good.

I think if we have a transfer candidate, it's probably Joel Mensah. It looks like he's buried on the bench. Never say never when it comes to college kids but unless something drastic happens I don't see that changing.  I can see Dutch bringing in another transfer to play in front of him and Keshod will be absorbing minutes at the 4/5.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 3/14/2020 at 11:37 AM, NevadaFan said:

Why is that crazy? He’s old enough to have graduated undergrad and gone through med school? That’s how it works. 

He is older than most juniors because of his mission, but it isn't like he was taking college classes as a missionary. He had a redshirt season, but he still managed to finish his bachelors and two masters degrees during four years while he was playing basketball. That is pretty impressive in my book.

On 3/15/2020 at 7:07 AM, Swoll Cracker said:

Why does Otz hate Aussies?

That's a good question and so is this one. Who is Mike Grimala and how much is he paying UNLV fans to link his tweets to mugtang's board?

Boom goes the dynamite.

2 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Hey @ph90702 was he going to be a starter next year?

No.  Sounds like he wasn’t in the plans.

I have faith in what Otzelberger is doing.  They have Hamilton and Hardy to provide scoring punch from the perimeter.  Plus, they have Moses Wood, whose dad spent about a decade in the NBA.  I also really like Nick Blake.

5 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Hey @ph90702 was he going to be a starter next year?

I said he was a goner over a month ago. If we have to choose between one high-volume scorer/ballhog between David Jenkins Jr. and Hardy, we choose Jenkins all day long.

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

Josh Hall, who was at Nevada for two years under Musselman (and was a hero during our NCAA tournament run), is transferring out of Missouri State as a grad transfer.

Im not sure who else Alford is looking at, but we could definitely do worse. We desperately need an experienced wing next year, and Hall would be a pretty good fit.

It would be a cool story if he came back.

15 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

One of the biggest and most difficult job for new coaches these days is just recruiting the existing team back. Nevada's whole team entered the portal when arrived, luckily he was able to get most to return.

5 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Huge gain or loss for AF depending on what he does. He is a sophomore and cadets have zero commitment to the AF until day 1 if arriving for their junior year. NEED TO FIND OUR NEW COACH ASAP #findnewAFBBallCoach

https://gazette.com/sports/air-force-basketball-could-lose-sophomore-point-guard-a-j/article_492000b6-6a0c-11ea-bef9-5fc6af926057.html

( Sent from The Gazette )

..GO FALCONS..

Just now, ltcpilot said:

Huge gain or loss for AF depending on what he does. He is a sophomore and cadets have zero commitment to the AF until day 1 if arriving for their junior year. NEED TO FIND OUR NEW COACH ASAP #findnewAFBBallCoach

https://gazette.com/sports/air-force-basketball-could-lose-sophomore-point-guard-a-j/article_492000b6-6a0c-11ea-bef9-5fc6af926057.html

( Sent from The Gazette )

I'm always just amazed when a young person who's worked so hard to become eligible for the academy, and then gone thru the first two most difficult years, bails out.

Please tell me this doesn't happen very often.

1 hour ago, renoskier said:

I'm always just amazed when a young person who's worked so hard to become eligible for the academy, and then gone thru the first two most difficult years, bails out.

Please tell me this doesn't happen very often.

Or, they find out military life isn’t what they thought it would be. It took me about a week to figure that out.