Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ph90702

MW Basketball Transfers

6 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Not MWC, but Shockers just lost their top 2 scorers plus three others.

Wonder if MW could be a destination.

Gregg Marshall is on his way out the door.  Terrible recruiting classes usually cost you a job.

2 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Fired?  Or to a bigger job?  He's already making $3.5 million and they were still pretty good this year.

Perhaps both.  He would be fired down the road.  He needs a change of scenery.

10 hours ago, ph90702 said:

This one was known to start the season. Porter openly said this would be his last season as an Aggie. They honored him on Senior night (even though he's a JR) because the kid will be done with his second Masters degree and needs to move on for further education. So crazy to think that he'll be working on a PhD or third Masters and still getting it paid for by playing basketball.

3 hours ago, TrueAg said:

This one was known to start the season. Porter openly said this would be his last season as an Aggie. They honored him on Senior night (even though he's a JR) because the kid will be done with his Masters degree and needs to move on for further education. So crazy to think that he'll be working on a PhD or second Masters and still getting it paid for by playing basketball.

My guess is PAC-12 or Big Ten.

15 hours ago, TrueAg said:

This one was known to start the season. Porter openly said this would be his last season as an Aggie. They honored him on Senior night (even though he's a JR) because the kid will be done with his second Masters degree and needs to move on for further education. So crazy to think that he'll be working on a PhD or third Masters and still getting it paid for by playing basketball.

Why is that crazy? He’s old enough to have graduated undergrad and gone through med school? That’s how it works. 

18 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Will be a hot commodity with that scorching 30% 3pt shooting and turnstile defense. 

As a result of the shortened season, I wonder if EML could stick around at UNLV if the NCAA decides to give seniors another year of eligibility.

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

16 hours ago, TrueAg said:

Damn, that is really impressive.  Props to him for taking advantage of his opportunity.  That is crazy good ROI for playing basketball.  Undergrad and two masters for free?  Well done!

1 hour ago, Rebels18 said:

As a result of the shortened season, I wonder if EML could stick around at UNLV if the NCAA decides to give seniors another year of eligibility.

Won't happen and shouldn't happen. Would cause too much turmoil with team makeup, schollies,  etc. 

2 hours ago, Rebels18 said:

Will be a hot commodity with that scorching 30% 3pt shooting and turnstile defense. 

I think all of the seniors who missed out in the tournament (unnecessarily I might add) will get f-ck-d!