Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sdsuphilip4

Seniors playing spring sports could get year off eligibility back

1 hour ago, Nevada6077 said:

so our senior players come back next year?  that would be awesome, or only those that missed some part of their senior season?

Spring sports only... don't think this applies to football or basketball players?

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

6 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

Spring sports only... don't think this applies to football or basketball players?

It doesn't. Though they are discussing options regarding basketball too.

I don't hate the idea in principle but I have a hard time with the logistics of it next year. If you're going to do it you have to give a one time pass on scholarship limits and you have to give it to everybody (even UNM who could really use another year of Corey Manigault).  On top of that you're still going to run into issues where some teams have 18 scholarship players and some teams have 14 which is extremely unfair

22 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

Mam the Aztecs would have one hell of a veteran team next year. And, with a Utag sized chip on their shoulder.

Can't help but feel if Mensah had played this year, they would have gone unbeaten and be proclaiming themselves the National Champs.

happy celebration GIF by Nike

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 3/13/2020 at 12:03 PM, BacksThePack said:

Sucks for the new rew recruits losing play time or a scholarship

I have no specific link, but I have seen chatter that, in essence, Reprieve Seniors would not count toward a school’s scholarship limit.

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg