Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4UNLV

Marvin Menzies named interim coach

34 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

Yes, I think he probably got about 20 minutes of playing time, lol. However, even then I would have liked to have seen him on the court more than he was.

Him, Bham and Woodbury should have all played more. 

I get what you are saying.

14 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

I was listening to Cofield on the way home a little while ago, and Adam Hill was talking about the list of coaches that have already expressed interest in the job. At the top of the list was Pitino. He said Pitino might even work for just a couple mill, with the contract that his kid would be the coach in waiting. GCU would pay it in a heartbeat, and wouldn't even care if he cheated to get them deep into the tournament, lol. Probation? worth it to get the recognition. :D

Hmmm. That model sounds familiar. 

19 hours ago, 1066 said:

How old is Patino now?  He must be 70 at least. I know this is a joke but would they even think of the guy?

It isn't a joke.  You just know a highly competitive scumbag like Pitino wants to get back into the NCAA so he can be "vindicated.". You know he probably felt he was wronged.  

7 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

It isn't a joke.  You just know a highly competitive scumbag like Pitino wants to get back into the NCAA so he can be "vindicated.". You know he probably felt he was wronged.  

People are saying Pitino is not going to be the next coach of GCU

4 minutes ago, PlayersinVegas said:

People are saying Pitino is not going to be the next coach of GCU

He probably won't, but isn't out of the realm of possibility.  I still think my statement holds true.  He wants to rehab his image for his ego.  Certain ADs will kick the tires.  

1 minute ago, Wyobraska said:

He probably won't, but isn't out of the realm of possibility.  I still think my statement holds true.  He wants to rehab his image for his ego.  Certain ADs will kick the tires.  

Nah you right. It's going to take the right school but I think there's going to be a higher level institution that hires him. He could be back in the States coaching next season 👀

16 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

I was listening to Cofield on the way home a little while ago, and Adam Hill was talking about the list of coaches that have already expressed interest in the job. At the top of the list was Pitino. He said Pitino might even work for just a couple mill, with the contract that his kid would be the coach in waiting. GCU would pay it in a heartbeat, and wouldn't even care if he cheated to get them deep into the tournament, lol. Probation? worth it to get the recognition. :D

Pitino definitely would take a job for only a modest salary.  Making money isn't the objective at this point, he just wants another opportunity.