Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fbpack

Granting seniors an extra year of eligibility

Just now, fbpack said:

Doug Gottlieb makes a good point. Seniors should have a option to return next year

For baseball maybe. Hoops is done except for the postseason. Half the players would only see the court one more time. I don't think that justifies another year of eligibility.

1 minute ago, fbpack said:

Doug Gottlieb makes a good point. Seniors should have a option to return next year

You talking about senior citizens or college seniors?

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

Just now, fbpack said:

So then what happens with incoming players who are meant to fill those roster spots? Would they get to expand rosters for a year? Can an incoming frosh get released from a LOI so they don’t have to sit and watch the senior they were supposed to replace?

At first glance it would be a nightmare IMO. 

2 minutes ago, Mad_Hatter said:

So then what happens with incoming players who are meant to fill those roster spots? Would they get to expand rosters for a year? Can an incoming frosh get released from a LOI so they don’t have to sit and watch the senior they were supposed to replace?

I hope it happens and they allow and exception for incoming freshman and expanded rosters.

Nevada would be legit next year in this scenario 

6 minutes ago, fbpack said:

I hope it happens and they allow and exception for incoming freshman and expanded rosters.

Nevada would be legit next year in this scenario 

I just think it would cause too much chaos with limited benefit. The regular season was played in full. 

Just now, NevadaFan said:

This will happen for baseball and other spring sports IMO. Do they scrub this seasons stats from the record book?

The regular season happened in full so the records should stay. The post-season didn't happen hardly at all, and only at the conference level so it's up to the conferences. MWC finished its tourney so those records should stay.

Just now, SharkTanked said:

The regular season happened in full so the records should stay. The post-season didn't happen hardly at all, and only at the conference level so it's up to the conferences. MWC finished its tourney so those records should stay.

I’m just talking spring sports. Not winter like basketball. Agreed on basketball though. Season is over. 

1 hour ago, Mad_Hatter said:

I would imagine the returning seniors would just not have a scholarship renewed.  They could choose whether it is worth it to pay for a year of school, or just graduate and move on.  For baseball, there are only 12.9 scholarships anyway, so a lot of them aren't on scholarship or are only partially funded anyway.

Any team that would have made the NCAA tourney this year should get the option for their seniors. Allow extra scholarships if need be. They deserve the opportunity to make it in 2021. 

For baseball and other spring sports it’s a no brained to just grant everyone a medical redshirt. Again, allow extra scholarships to accommodate incoming freshmen.