Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

westfan

Corona Virus potential long term impact?

Just now, Old_SD_Dude said:

Just logged on here for the first time in about a month. I only read the first couple pages. Some of the early posts didn't age well. 

I mean... typical mwcboard

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

11 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

hmmm..good job, vegas. some of you, though, not so much, lol. (and yeah, apparently they snooped.)

the bible belt is still going strong.

Thanks for posting. That's really informative and really gives an indication where the next trouble spots will be.

10 hours ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Just logged on here for the first time in about a month. I only read the first couple pages. Some of the early posts didn't age well. 

how is my posts aging cuz?

Are the Greater Lakes states anywhere near the Great Lakes states?

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 4/5/2020 at 1:36 AM, TheSanDiegan said:

Given the localized CFR and case doubling rate, I would roughly estimate the number of COVID-19 cases in Idaho at present to be somewhere around 60,000.

Could be higher.  Lack of testing here is real.

20 hours ago, kalua pig said:

how is my post aging cuz?

The wahine say that it's looking really soft and shriveled cuz. Kind of like a sad shitake mushroom suffering from clinical depression. Zoloft? More like #SoSoft. :ph34r:

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

The XFL's chief operating officer, Jeffery Pollock, said Friday that the league is suspending operations and all employees have been laid off, sources told ESPN.

The league had cancelled its regular season on March 12, following similar cancellations and postponements by the NBA, NHL, NCAA, MLS and Major League Baseball because of the coronavirus pandemic.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

https://spectator.us/covid-antibody-test-german-town-shows-15-percent-infection-rate/

seems the infection rate is only around 15%. Mortality rate in the studied population is only .37%

The cruise ship study is interesting since it has a higher elderly population and only 17% were infected.

Everything is being overblown.

Apparently, California isn’t an epicenter because there is herd immunity.  What was thought to be and early and hard flu are finding the the virus was here in October. People who had symptoms were had recovery of two weeks, instead of days.

With all the travel between California and China seems to be why they aren’t like NYC. Well, they probably were but they just considered it the flu...so you know...no big deal from infection and death of the flu.

By the way, Sweden is doing fine with their minor restrictions and achieving herd immunity.  They are not being overwhelmed and their economy is shutdown.

When the second wave hits in the fall, those regions without herd immunity will be even worse hit because not a lot of people got exposed by being locked down. 

48 minutes ago, MWC Tex said:

https://spectator.us/covid-antibody-test-german-town-shows-15-percent-infection-rate/

seems the infection rate is only around 15%. Mortality rate in the studied population is only .37%

The cruise ship study is interesting since it has a higher elderly population and only 17% were infected.

Everything is being overblown.

Apparently, California isn’t an epicenter because there is herd immunity.  What was thought to be and early and hard flu are finding the the virus was here in October. People who had symptoms were had recovery of two weeks, instead of days.

With all the travel between California and China seems to be why they aren’t like NYC. Well, they probably were but they just considered it the flu...so you know...no big deal from infection and death of the flu.

By the way, Sweden is doing fine with their minor restrictions and achieving herd immunity.  They are not being overwhelmed and their economy is shutdown.

When the second wave hits in the fall, those regions without herd immunity will be even worse hit because not a lot of people got exposed by being locked down. 

Not sure about the herd comment in Cali, but my NorCal sister in law had corona like symptoms in January and was put on oxygen. Her doctor wasn’t initially sure what the issue was, but later thought she had the virus.