Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

westfan

Corona Virus potential long term impact?

3 hours ago, toonkee said:

I will piggyback 4's excellent post with this...

Maybe this Adelson guy is alright after all.

Ha! You proved us wrong. That highly esteemed hospitality degree (aka beverage diploma) Vegas brags about IS worth something?!

Didn't know the Cheaters were commie-bastards too!!

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/02/patriots-retrieve-more-than-a-million-n95-masks-from-china/

You know those masks have nano-robots designed to modify, delete, and destroy Americans citizens' DNA structure... 

Seriously though, nano technology.

New-Signature.jpg

Hey guys & gals, I met with my unit manager today and we decided that it is best I stay home for the next 8 weeks being that I have asthma and my wife has Myansthenia Gravis. The medications being used right now to treat Covid 19 is contraindicated for my wife. So it is best I do not pose any risk to her period. I will stay elsewhere when I go back to work. This will help to take care of things here at home that need attention.

This will enable two OR nurses to split my shift since we are no longer doing elective surgeries and they are out of work. It will also train two more nurses on how to treat this virus. We are expecting a storm of positive patients being that too many people out there that are not taking physical distancing seriously. 

Be safe, stay home, and hang in there we are learning more and more about this virus everyday and there is light at the end of this tunnel.

8 hours ago, Jeffkills said:

Didn't know the Cheaters were commie-bastards too!!

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/02/patriots-retrieve-more-than-a-million-n95-masks-from-china/

You know those masks have nano-robots designed to modify, delete, and destroy Americans citizens' DNA structure... 

Seriously though, nano technology.

Pats always coming through.

Cowboys pitching in yet?

On 4/2/2020 at 5:12 PM, bitteraztec said:

Pats always coming through.

Cowboys pitching in yet?

I'm sure Jerry's brokering various "unenforceable" deals within the business community.

Not sure why an American patriots would ingratiate themselves to the red Communists' ideals - the appearance of impropriety is strong in this one..

RE Jerry, to be honest, I wouldn't trust that guy with $5 to buy me coffee across the street; from my observations he's a deluded, ego-maniac who's chasing a white whale, but refusing to give up the helm.

His son is worse...

Imagine Jerry Jones without the accent, charisma, and hilarious drunken out-takes..  Stephen is nothing more than a spoiled, fat child who sucks at negotiating NFL player contracts.  I'm serious, that moron uses the most asinine tactics ever.  Guy can't say the right thing, isn't a funny river boat gambler, and plain sucks at players contracts, IMO.

When Jerry dies, his boring son is going to bring the Cowboys into a new era of classless money worship and mediocrity...

I wish the Cowboys were publicly held...

Everyone must give it up to GB, those people know how to support a team..  *disclaimer - the Packers are totally gay, and I reserve the right to hate them forever...

New-Signature.jpg

The long-term effects, sports-wise, at this point, are probably a canceled NBA season, a shortened MLB season, a shortened NCAA Football Season, and all sports including high school sports without fans through 2020.

Probably 100,000 people will die from the coronavirus in the U.S., and some say that's optimistic. What boggles my mind is that the holdouts who still say its a media-driven hysteria are the very groups we're trying to protect.

That said, from what I've read even healthy people getting the disease do not report having a good time with it. I don't want it either, even though it's not likely to kill me. BUT we'll all probably get it eventually. Hopefully we can have some kind of dose of vaccine that's effective by this time next year.

So @halfmanhalfbronco, @Jeffkills, @Broncomare, and @RogueStout -- has the time come for the government to stop relying on these silly supercomputers to find a solution for COVID-19? Have we reached the point where we're ready to call in THE BIG GUN to solve this?

usatsi-13278813.jpg

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

16 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

Idaho, you guys still partying, huh? Louisiana, as well..

92136176_10157170595313634_3616304305079

We rock.   Lots of denials still around here.  North Idaho wants to sue to governor over the stay at home rule because it's 'unconstitutional'......so pretty sure they aren't complying.  But it started with the rich folk in Sun Valley as they traveled the globe.  They sponged it up and brought it here in numbers.  So we had a good source of the virus and lot of people still believing it's all political because of the 'news' they watch.

55 minutes ago, roughrider said:

We rock.   Lots of denials still around here.  North Idaho wants to sue to governor over the stay at home rule because it's 'unconstitutional'......so pretty sure they aren't complying.  But it started with the rich folk in Sun Valley as they traveled the globe.  They sponged it up and brought it here in numbers.  So we had a good source of the virus and lot of people still believing it's all political because of the 'news' they watch.

yeah, I was looking at the percentage of daily increase, you guys are still having some fun..

and big surprise, people partied at Mardi Gras, and now they're sick..

14 hours ago, roughrider said:

13 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

yeah, I was looking at the percentage of daily increase, you guys are still having some fun..

and big surprise, people partied at Mardi Gras, and now they're sick..

Given the localized CFR and case doubling rate, I would roughly estimate the number of COVID-19 cases in Idaho at present to be somewhere around 60,000.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

6 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Given the localized CFR and case doubling rate, I would roughly estimate the number of COVID-19 cases in Idaho at present to be somewhere around 60,000.

Does Idaho even have 60,000 people in the state? :D