Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

westfan

Corona Virus potential long term impact?

9 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

I noticed clownfish, er @qwelish facepalmed a post about the importance of reducing infection rates to save lives.

Hey f*ckface - why don't you do humanity a favor and take your hemraphrodite microdick down to your local dollar store to go lick shopping carts. Lick all of them. And then lock your f*cktarded ass into an airtight room for the next two months.

I'm sure medical professionals like @Lobo Amor, or those who's family members are on the front line like @Broncomare, or those who have family members fighting this disease like @halfmanhalfbronco are all appreciative of your blatant disregard for math, science, and the welfare of others. Dipshit. :waiting:

Screen-Shot-2020-03-28-at-9-30-59-AM.png

Paging Dr. San Diegan!

Dumbshit is so smart he has all day to post on mw forum from granny's basement.

Youd think with all the free time youd be out helping patients. People are dying in the streets, man. Come on doc. Get off mw forum and get into surgery, stat.

What a limp dick.

That cheer you heard coming from NYC was the Knicks announcing owner James Dolan tested positive...

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

2 hours ago, LordPoke said:

Its going to be an ugly ride.  China did contain it - with extreme measures.  I don't think we can implement anything close to that (nor should we - welding doors closed in apartment buildings, shooting people with symptoms).   Hopefully, the fatality rate is accurate, and the long term after affects don't matter much.  Unfortunately, it looks like everyone that gets this gets some sort of lung disease/disfunction.

Only time can tell.

No they did not. They’re lying about their numbers.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

15 hours ago, qwelish said:

Paging Dr. San Diegan!

Dumbshit is so smart he has all day to post on mw forum from granny's basement.

Youd think with all the free time youd be out helping patients. People are dying in the streets, man. Come on doc. Get off mw forum and get into surgery, stat.

What a limp dick.

Our company's been in touch this week with county HHS and our congressman's office because we're repurposing our AI platform to help in the fight.

Other than facepalming posts while flicking your he-bean, whatTF have you done besides shitting all over the science that has been sounding the alarm for two months, eh f*cknuckle? :waiting:

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

3 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Our company's been in touch this week with county HHS and our congressman's office because we're repurposing our AI platform to help in the fight.

Other than facepalming posts while flicking your he-bean, whatTF have you done besides shitting all over the science that has been sounding the alarm for two months, eh f*cknuckle? :waiting:

Ficknuckle?  Isn't that a german protein bar?

1 hour ago, jdgaucho said:

Ficknuckle?  Isn't that a german protein bar?

More like a German brotein shake.

It's a colloquialism to describe a walking pap smear of a human being upon whom's ugly encrusted dome homeless hookers working the alley behind Circus Circus wipe their potpourri of giz and excrement.

So I can share this since it is public knowledge over here. One of our positive patients decided on going shopping and all around town paying bills and running errands before coming to the hospital. We are currently bracing ourselves for influx of new positive cases. 

Our Govenor shut down all school for the rest of the year because many of our positive cases were out and about before calling the hotline. We are expecting over 500 deaths from this. We have two deaths right now, both patients had underlying medical conditions.

This is serious please stay home and if you have to go out for groceries and supplies please use proper precautions, we are all depending on it.

1 hour ago, Lobo Amor said:

So I can share this since it is public knowledge over here. One of our positive patients decided on going shopping and all around town paying bills and running errands before coming to the hospital. We are currently bracing ourselves for influx of new positive cases. 

Our Govenor shut down all school for the rest of the year because many of our positive cases were out and about before calling the hotline. We are expecting over 500 deaths from this. We have two deaths right now, both patients had underlying medical conditions.

This is serious please stay home and if you have to go out for groceries and supplies please use proper precautions, we are all depending on it.

Thank you for everything you and your coworkers do. You are on the frontline in this war and we all appreciate the hell out of you. :cheers:

1 hour ago, 4UNLV said:

This would be fantastic if it pans out..

If it works, it would take a while to get the program to the level would have to be at but would be a huge game changer.

54 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Wonder if they'll give them armbands to wear. 

Now, read that in your head in the voice of your avatar.  Perfect.

this is a LONG post that I saw on facebook, but this guy consistently appears to have done his homework..at any rate, it's interesting..

CoronaVirus USA Update 03/31/2020 inclusive of 03/30/2020 data

More good news today.

For the third day in a row we had a record low growth rate of confirmed positive new cases. Additionally, we had 113K tests processed (so no excuses about testing).

New confirmed cases growth rate was 13.37% which was down from 15% previously.

We also had a lower death rate growth than we had previously coming in at 17.39% death growth rate versus 19% previously.

Unfortunately, because the death growth rate is still higher than the new confirmed cases growth rate, we have a higher overall percentage of total deaths to total confirmed cases.

The total death rate now for the USA is now at 1.83%, the highest it's been in weeks.

511 people died in 24 hours...putting it as one of the top 3 killers in the United States (behind only heart disease and cancer). Yes, higher than the regular flu and higher than accidents (of all kinds). So, that's sobering.

Because of the lower growth rates the 1,000,000th cases is now predicted to be pushed back by one more day to April 13th, 2020. That's the best it's ever been. Exciting!

You likely know someone that knows someone that had/has CoronaVirus but it's unlikely you know someone that that has CoronaVirus. Why? Because, nationally, we are still at 1 in 2,000 people with confirmed cases.

You don't know anyone (other than celebrities) that have died of it because that number is 1 in 110,713. How is that possible if CoronaVirus is the #3 killer right now? I mean you know someone that died of cancer and you know someone that died of heart problems and you know someone that died in an accident. Well, that's because you don't know anyone that died of those things in the past week when our CoronaVirus deaths have gotten high enough to compete with those other known killers. You can't take a lifetime of stats for cancer and heart disease or accidents and compare them with only a week of the CoronaVirus. If the CoronaVirus were to stay at this rate for a couple of decades, then you'd know just as many people that died from the CoronaVirus as people that died in an accident of some sort. So, stop thinking this isn't a huge killer or the stats are wrong without keeping things on proper timelines for comparison.

We have...

160K confirmed cases.
22K hospitalized
3K dead

We have DEFINITELY "bent the curve" regarding new cases. You can pontificate as to why, but there's no denying the curve has been bent. Especially when you look at the logarithmic chart. That's really cool!

Quick update on the states...

First off, NY has a nice low new growth rate. It's at only 10% which is the lowest it's been in a long time. That is really good news because it means we are reaching a maximum cases per million point. I was concerned yesterday as to where the ceiling may be on the cases per million for NY. Looks like it has slowed and may be ending soon. The cases per million number gives us an idea on the level of saturation that can occur in a population. From what I can find, NY has the highest cases per million of anywhere in the world (though compared from city to country level, which isn't completely fair).

NY has a cases per million of 3,418 or, put another way, 1 in 293 people in NY have a confirmed case of the CoronaVirus and 20% (or 14,000) people are hospitalized and 1,218 are dead.

NJ now has the second-highest cases count at 16,636 confirmed cases. and a very high cases per million count at 1,872. Which means they are peaking soon (within a few days).

CA has a high confirmed cases count as well at 7,398 but has a very low cases per million count at only 187. That's not a typo. California will get about 20x worse than it is now if you believe they will reach a saturation point of NY and 10x worse if you just think it will get as bad as NJ.

MI is fourth for total cases at 6,500 with a very high death rate of nearly 3%. They can expect their situation to get 3x to 6x worse before it's over.

MA has the fifth-highest cases count at 6,500 but a really low death rate (currently) at less than 1%. We saw this in NY at first too. We gotta give it time.

FL has the sixth highest confirmed cases count at 5,700 and a death rate at 1.24% (which is pretty high this early for them). Their cases per million is also very low at 265, so they can expect things to get about 10x worse for them.

IL (my home state) is sitting at 5,000 cases and a cases per million of 400. This means it will get about 9x worse for IL before it's over (5x worse if you use NJ numbers).

American Samoa - I see now news on their really high cases per million numbers. I guess since their population is so low that nobody cares. It's kind of ridiculous. I'd think the media could give AS some attention.

Lousiana - A very high cases per million number and a very high death rate percentage makes that a continued bad situation in Lousiana.

CT - A super high growth rate still (nearly double that of the rest of the nation) and a death rate that is high for this early on for CT, creates a bad scenario for the geographically small (but fairly well populated) state of Connecticut.

DC - Has a high case per million as well and a very high death rate for their timeline. Their low population keeps their overall cases number low though and likely misses the attention of most media and people.

WA - The state of Washington (home to a lot of my extended family) has a growth rate just below the national average but has a cases per million that is quite a bit more than the national average.

CO - I continue to be very concerned about Colorado because their growth rate is so, so high (and consistently). Their death rate is also above the national average. They still index just below the national on a cases per million, but that will change by tomorrow.

TX - High number of cases but low growth rate. Not sure if that's a testing thing or just warm weather or it just hasn't hit them yet. But...god seems to have truly 'blessed Texas' (country song joke not some religious zealot comment).

Now for my fun new and improved predictions of peaks by state.

First off, this uses an average growth of the past 4 days to help smooth out numbers (more accurate than just yesterday). Secondly, it compares to the highest cases per million in the country (which is currently NY at 3,418 cases per million. This is a big point, because if that cases per million number keeps rising then the goal post gets moved out more and more. Meaning that right now, I'm assuming that these states will peak at NY's currently cases per million levels (which may not be true). It could be a lot lower (because the state has less people living in close proximity, or weather, or social distancing laws, etc). But I feel a virus will act fairly similar across the United States and since NY is the most densely populated state...we likely won't have any state worse than NY (watch that statement be proven wrong over the coming weeks). So, there are few major assumptions in here, so...keep those in mind.

Here we go with predictions.

NY - 3 days or less (currently the benchmark)
NJ - 3 days or less
CT - 7 days or less
RI - 14 days or less
MA - 14 days or less
MI - 14 days or less
LA - 14 days or less
CO - 14 days or less
DC - 14 days or less
WA - 14 days or less
NV - 14 days or less
PA - 14 days or less
IL - 14 days or less
FL - 14 days or less
NH - 14 days or less
NH - 14 days or less
IN - 14 days or less
MD - 14 days or less
SC - 14 days or less

WY and AR will take over a month to peak with MN, OR, WV, NE and TX taking nearly a month to peak.

On 3/28/2020 at 5:48 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

My mom works at St Alphonsis here in Boise.  She has shared some emails with me.  Basicslly long story short, Boise is going to be +++++ed.  They also had a surgeon test positive.  He had been doing procedures and rounding visits all week....

I would ask that info not leave this board.

Time for me to head for my cabin in the woods and I’m going to be poaching. Phuck Fish and Game.